Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

D

Dutch

I am going to start deleting posts referring to this 'troll gate' episode whenever I am online if necessary. Doesn't matter if you are martyn, Bigant, respected member or even my mom.
Ooh, nice to get a mention there. Mmm, how to get back on topic......Okay.....mmm......can we......nah......er.....are there......is it possible.......it will come to me soon.......

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
<snip>

I believe Ross is quite possibly referring to me here (if not I'm not sure who I've been going to the footy with lately!).

Quite possibly but I would never have named you :)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I've posted this a number of times, I enjoy the banter, being pushed to think about things from a different perspective, all of it, I know that I will end up with life long friends from here as I have with BigFooty. I still go to the Footy and catch up with them 2 years after the AFL Live was released and we are not even making Footy now (:(). I cannot wait, most sincerely, for when we have the play sessions and I get to see the smiles and enjoyment that I know people will get when they have their hands on this game.

Hi All,

Have been away for a few days and am only catching up on things now and I know this quote was pages ago!

I believe Ross is quite possibly referring to me here (if not I'm not sure who I've been going to the footy with lately!).

Throughout the development of AFL Live Ross was very interactive with the Big Footy forum members, giving us lots of pre-release information much like he does on here. In fact, there were several occasions when he got himself into trouble for breaching NDA's with the publisher by giving us too much information.

The pattern for release was the same as he has described here, albeit he now has complete control over it as he is both publisher / developer - not just the developer.

Ross in real life is no different to how he appears on this forum. He loves his work and putting smiles on people's faces who play his games. He spends ALOT of time reading AND answering questions on these forums while we are watching the footy games which is his personal time.
He has been nothing but generous, courteous and very open with me - EXACTLY as he has been on here.
He has ALWAYS been open to feedback and actively seeks it to try and improve his games - again, precisely as he has been on here.
I have absolutley no doubt that the timeline that Ross continually speaks of is completety accurate regarding release etc.. Meeting him over the previous 2 years gives me no readon to believe otherwise. I guess I could go on, but hopefully you all get the picture by now!

I don't think there would be too many CEO's that actively participate in forums like Ross does nor any that put so much of their personal time into interacting with the fans that buy the game. We are incredibly lucky to have this type of participation from Big Ant. I shudder to think what the alternative would be if we didn't have him and Mike around here!

There! That probably sounds like I'm Ross' brother lol! But just wanted to give you all my experience from a 'first hand' point of view.

Ps - that glowing review must make it your shout at the footy next time Ross!! Hahaha!

Edit- don't know what I did wrong but Ross' quote at the beginning didn't come up properly![/QUOTE]

When you replay if you touch the writing it shows like that for some reason.
PS great read, looking forward to playing this game as I have a feeling this is the game we have all been dreaming about for the last 14 years since shane 99. If not then ross will have to patch the crap out of it to make it that way. Win WIn.:D See I did it also.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." True story.

Ross, are all cuts, slower ball variations controlled by the seam position (LAS) analogue stick?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I might well be the Mr question man until I get my hands on the game....But atleast I am asking questions related to the game...:p:thumbs

Well I hope we get an answer on the black screen soon...

D

Dutch

Mmm to be fair I just moved that post to the Ashes in the press thread in the Ashes forum. Seemed to belong there rather than here. Just saying.;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross/Mike,
How do you bowl a slower ball or vary your pace? So far based on bowling mechanisms shared with us, looks like the speeds are pre-determined and you have no control over the speed of the delivery.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Ross/Mike,
How do you bowl a no
ball or have a hand towal in your track pants? Hope your understand my point :) the Ba14 spot fixing. And well both be aware if you dont answer this then i will ask 79cricket to start troubling you guys i hope its better if you do answer me before he enters the arena :)

LPHS

School Cricketer
Hi Ross,
Looking at the no of features that you are having in the game ie the career mode, the bowling mechanism, player editor, BARS and etc...I was just wondering that this game will be like the base game for your future cricket game releases ie there will be more of DLC updates to cricket 14 rather than launching a new cricket 15 or 16 unless there is a major graphics or gameplay overhaul..
Am I right ?
Just asking :cheers

wrick3000

Club Captain
Hey Ross/Mike.
Are we gonna have a chat system when we will be playing online?
VOIP is too much to ask but a chat system will be nice. Can you confirm?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Got a question about production, just for my curiosity. How does it work exactly? Does the group of programmers get a bunch of money and the vague command to "make a cricket game" or is there a multi-stage process...just curious really.

M

martyn

Bowling pace

It looks like there is no way of changing the pace of the delivery or bowling a slower ball...

Have trawled mikeymerrens posts and there is no mention of it at all...

Users who are viewing this thread