Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Im going to day 5 of the 3rd test.
Ross im in england at its 4am ive been on this forum since 3 i am extremely excited career mode sounds amazing say if we are a bowling allrounder but we are getting more credit for our batting, what role do we become :)

In previous games there was a place you could bowl and the batsmen would get bowled, does that happen here.

I hope they treat the roleplaying aspect like Skyrim, where you become what you do. In previous roleplaying games (Elder Scrolls included) you set at the start what you are going to be and then that's it. Cricketers, like medieval characters, evolve though. A few examples:

Daniel Vettori: #11 batsman to fine all-rounder
Steve Waugh: One day lower all-rounder to superstar batsman
Shane Watson: Handy both ways to an opening batsman, part time bowler
Ashton Agar: Went from 11 to 7 in one innings
Mitchell Johnson: Went from #10 bat to a bowling allrounder, batting as high as #7
Brendan McCullum: Went from wicket keeper and lower-order slogger to test opening batsman with no keeping

And, the changes are even more significant if you go back to schoolboy cricket, like we have in Ashes cricket. If anything, most first class bowlers still had lots of batting talent as a schoolboy. Nathan Lyon was an opening batsman. Ashton Agar batted at 3.

----------

In previous games there was a place you could bowl and the batsmen would get bowled, does that happen here.

No. In this game you do not place where you bowl with a marker, you have to time flicks/rotations of the analogue sticks to get it where you want. The bowling method is completely different.

how hard will it be to download players and customised stuff to my ps3 (fairly new to online console gaming)

yeah, I know - All they give you is a different head - sometimes not even on a body!

They call us generic and they just have one "generic" player model - pretty freakin' cheeky right there!

Now that more like the Ross we know.....:cheers

There's only one saddle on the high horse and I'm not the one to ride it :)

Ross....you said you are 99% sure that the reveal will happen tomorrow.....what's the remaining 1% dependant on? Were you able to get in touch with the licensor?

Also can we expect anything today? I would request you to tell us else we keep logging into the forums every 5 minutes :p

Don't expect anything today, other than me taking the piss! :)

You taking the piss ross, that's a first.:lol
It's ok i will make sure i am up when the reveal going forward.;)

Is it likely that BACriket 14 will be released before Ashes 13. So far its ticking all the boxes.

mate, they are Champagne moments! They are just sooooo lucky Biggs wasn't here to draw circles around it all....

Ross, anything new to share about the upcoming cricket academy update? Any new options there?

Other than the new name it will be getting of course...

Users who are viewing this thread