Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Come on Ross....please dont let it be a dead friday on these forums :cheers!!!

Just give us a GIF of:

a) An edge being caught at slip
b) A bouncer hitting the batsman on the helmet

:spy

----------

but Ross has said several-times that late announcements wont change the release date tho but still you never know :rolleyes

It can....by a week or two at max, based on the retailers!!

For people waiting, I forgot how smooth the Cricket 99 bowling animations were:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how the players are moving around crouching etc.. anticipating while the ball is coming in... not many games do that these days :p

Although, sources say that apparently when you recompile with a new version of Unity that stuff happens... automatically... magically...

Last edited:
For people waiting, I forgot how smooth the Cricket 99 bowling animations were:

I honestly dont think ive ever played that game but it looks pretty decent for the time. :thumbs

If the bowler didnt bowl loopy pies every ball it would have been great by the looks of it but the run up and action is spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly dont think ive ever played that game but it looks pretty decent for the time.
Well it's EA's Cricket World Cup 99, then re-released as Cricket 2000. Had the notable feature of not including Test Cricket at all.

Going up against Brian Lara/Shane Warne 99 probably meant it didn't get the credit it deserved - but for me it was the game I played far more of as a kid.

I quite like how they modelled Lord's (attached) - apparently the game didn't like my widescreen monitor.

Attachments

• Screenshot (88).png
    Screenshot (88).png
    176.1 KB · Views: 50
I honestly dont think ive ever played that game but it looks pretty decent for the time. :thumbs

If the bowler didnt bowl loopy pies every ball it would have been great by the looks of it but the run up and action is spot on.

That may be a difficulty level thing where on harder difficulties it was less loopy?

I can barely remember the game as it crashed all the time on my computer.

Not bothered by the delay at all, i'm just enjoying the ride. :)

Looking forward to the new screenshots.

And Ross just a gentle reminder that I have 2 weeks of annual leave booked in September ;)

Well it's EA's Cricket World Cup 99, then re-released as Cricket 2000. Had the notable feature of not including Test Cricket at all.

Going up against Brian Lara/Shane Warne 99 probably meant it didn't get the credit it deserved - but for me it was the game I played far more of as a kid.

I quite like how they modelled Lord's (attached) - apparently the game didn't like my widescreen monitor.

In all seriousness, I think EA Cricket World Cup 99 is the worst cricket game ever made. The gameplay was completely horrendous. Apart from Lords and maybe one or two others, the grounds looked terrible. Just sparse grandstands on a grass field. The only thing going for it was the bowling action, and the graphics which were probably ahead of its time

Not bothered by the delay at all, i'm just enjoying the ride. :)

Looking forward to the new screenshots.

And Ross just a gentle reminder that I have 2 weeks of annual leave booked in September ;)

Same here. This next two months should be quite memorable and exciting. Foreplay can sometimes be more enjoyable than what follows after it. :p

can you suck up to ross anymore lol funny how so many people are realy trying hard to be his bestest friend ever

can you suck up to ross anymore lol funny how so many people are realy trying hard to be his bestest friend ever

Was gonna reply....but saw you are new here, so....never mind!! Enjoy your stay :cheers!

Sometimes it's best not say what you really feel on here!
However a lot of people find ross friendly and easy to talk too, as well as the fact they really appreciate him coming on here and telling us all about the game.
As angad said, you are new. Don't judge a car before you take it for a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread