Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

ross are we gonna get the official trailer this friday

From the river itself if I have anything to do with it.
Incidentally I don't know if anyone heard the Robin Knox-Johnston interview on TMS on Saturday but he was saying they play a match each year on a sand bank in the middle of the Solent. Apparently fielding in the deep means standing in 4 feet of water...

Yes I believe it's usually Boxing Day. Either that or that's a different thing.

Ross, you have to admit they've got you on this one, eh?

Ahhh got it - because you can't field at all it's called "Team Mode"... ok... so you have to turn manual fielding off in our game to have "Team Mode" and take a "Captains Role".

Yeah, pretty much that. "Team Mode" is essentially what every cricket game puts in the box as a simulator. The "Captain" aspect I guess comes from the fact you can choose fields and whatever gimmick Barmy saw on the press day (picking up players and moving them around) etc. They're just giving the term "cricket simulator" a name, by the sounds of things. Whatever floats their boat...

Apparently fielding in the deep means standing in 4 feet of water...

Growing up as a kid, our old family home had a creek running through the rather excessive backyard we had, and it was always four-and-out if you hit the ball into it... you then had to wade waist deep into the thing to get the ball out.

EDIT: I suppose this means Ashes will have different height players then and nets?

So in response to our first feature list, we have this on FaceBook:

Mike Fegan AC2013 has all this and more except career mode as we have gone more for Team Mode where you take a Captain's role in the game hence the reason Alastair Cook & Michael Clarke on the front of the box

See, competition is awesome, you heard it, Ashes will have all of these and more! I think the question needs to be asked if he's telling the truth :yes

? A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height ? imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
? Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
? The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
? More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
? An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.

Not sure if we have "Team mode" because I cant for the life of me work out what it is?? Anyone help?

----------

Unfortunately I take it upon myself to read ALL posts....
Ross please don't compare and there is no competition between two games
one is based on Ashes other has generic teams,generic tournaments which user shd customize.pls don't comment on their game.please answer my previous questions.

While we are talking about physics, I'll ask one question: "Suppose a player gets hit on the nose, would he start bleeding? And if he does would there be realtime simulation of blood on his shirt? ;) Kind of like WWE 13 does it.

Oh honestly that's such a ridiculous question, are you really wanting that sort of thing in a CRICKET GAME? Piss off.

EDIT: I suppose this means Ashes will have different height players then and nets?

You heard it straight from Mike Fegan - yep he said it - Nets, players of different heights, actual fielding, a community of user generated players, and MORE!

Doesn't "take a captain's role" mean that you get to set the field?
This feature sounded familiar, so I got out an older game of mine to check,
hUkZFQh.jpg

Yep - captain's role.

^This guy gets it.

You heard it straight from Mike Fegan - yep he said it - Nets, players of different heights, actual fielding, a community of user generated players, and MORE!

Genuinely intrigued as to what the "More" will be...

More framerate? More CPU power required? More RAM required?

It will be the best Cricket game, for sure.

The UK runs with the same region code as Australia, the issue is for those in North America with Xbox - we will be trying to make the Xbox disk region free.

I live in the UK, will I have to order it from australia or will it be sold in the UK? Also if it is sold in the UK, will its release date be the same as australias.

(btw, unlucky in the ashes :D )

Users who are viewing this thread