Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'd prefer crossbow men of The Genoa region, at least they live.....

Yeah I thought that might be optimistic.
Thinking about it due to the match editor you can not only have timeless tests but also 8 ball overs, limitless bouncers, as many behind square leg as you like. Just needs old school commentators to round it off.

Downloaded the player editor. My comp managed to install about 80% or so of it then up popped an error box........gutted, grrrrrrr.

Yeah I thought that might be optimistic.
Thinking about it due to the match editor you can not only have timeless tests but also 8 ball overs, limitless bouncers, as many behind square leg as you like. Just needs old school commentators to round it off.

Plus a few old time stadiums and crowds to really add to the atmosphere.....

So it's 'Don Bradman Cricket' then? I expected the (Aussie) developers to live in the past with this game, but that's ridiculous!

I couldn't care less if it was called 'Hitaballwithabat' - just give us a demo ASAP!!

Ha ha. Yeah I loved the way you had set up your system so that it compared it to the greats of the past. I am sure you are absolutely drooling over the potential of this game! The Cricket Academy is already full of great legends from the past. I cant wait to recreate and England v West Indies early eighties match!

Amen to that!!!

Alright Lads,:thumbs

First time post but i have been lurking for a while now. Im really amazed with the patience of Ross in regards to a couple of guys on here, seriously unbelievable stuff. So :clap

Games looking awesome and I cannot wait.

Quick question Ross, With MF blatantly lieing through his a$$ today is he not opening himself and his company to legal action along with leaving a trail of disgruntled customers. Its unfortunate that the lack of cricket games out there means that THAT game will probably still sell well. Shameful really as they are exploiting the market and their customers. I have been telling anyone who will listen to cancel their pre orders and just get Don Bradman Cricket 14 as I feel like MF and co. should be made accountable and to realise just how poor their service is and how the customer is suppose to be some sort of priority, and at the very least told what is in and out (bad or good) of the game before purchase.

Anyway thats my rant, carry on with your stuff....:cheers

I forgot, they managed to get their online saving system too.

attachment.php

They know only two words ... Coming Soon & More... Has to be careful not to fall in their trap :lol

Its a Dark World & Ashes 2013 is darker than ever :facepalm

I have been telling anyone who will listen to cancel their pre orders and just get Don Bradman Cricket 14 as I feel like MF and co. should be made accountable and to realise just how poor their service is and how the customer is suppose to be some sort of priority, and at the very least told what is in and out (bad or good) of the game before purchase.

Anyway thats my rant, carry on with your stuff....:cheers[/QUOTE]

Same as me I've been trying to get as many people as possible to not buy Fegans bullshit is there any way dbc14 will be on steam? Could get alot more people to buy it that way if it will.

Same as me I've been trying to get as many people as possible to not buy Fegans bullshit is there any way dbc14 will be on steam? Could get alot more people to buy it that way if it will.

I am sure Ross has mentioned it would be available as a download version, but dont think he has mentioned the platform yet......

Might be worth putting it through steam green light alot of people have revolution cricket, and thats not great compared to this i dont know how much hassle it is to do that

God I have a long day at work and the forum is full of posts of all kinds, some interesting subjects there guys and a few well unusual.

Now for my 2 cents in the Trickstar mike lies, I will wait and see what he says when he comes online next time, soon I hope.:mad

Now for licence talk, I was thinking maybe ross has a history mode in the game, maybe the tour of England when the Invincibles(aus) won over in England. I have a photo of it in my bedroom if not maybe next time, would be cool to have all the players/grounds and even the boat trip to England:D. For people who don't know I heard a 6 month trip back then. :eek: PS Last one was a joke, still how strong were the teams back then.

do we get anything for eid ross atleast a ca update would be good for eid

Alright Lads,:thumbs

First time post but i have been lurking for a while now. Im really amazed with the patience of Ross in regards to a couple of guys on here, seriously unbelievable stuff. So :clap

Games looking awesome and I cannot wait.

Quick question Ross, With MF blatantly lieing through his a$$ today is he not opening himself and his company to legal action along with leaving a trail of disgruntled customers. Its unfortunate that the lack of cricket games out there means that THAT game will probably still sell well. Shameful really as they are exploiting the market and their customers. I have been telling anyone who will listen to cancel their pre orders and just get Don Bradman Cricket 14 as I feel like MF and co. should be made accountable and to realise just how poor their service is and how the customer is suppose to be some sort of priority, and at the very least told what is in and out (bad or good) of the game before purchase.

Anyway thats my rant, carry on with your stuff....:cheers

To answer your question, as much as I have a legal background, and as much as MF did try to entice Cricket Australia to commence proceedings against us with false claim, I am not one to run to lawyers. The public will hold them accountable.

Now here's my rant :)

It was only when I knew how bad their game was and that it was going to slip and that they were taking pre-orders without saying a word that I started to "sledge" (or perhaps point out the truth, depends on how you look at things) - this was actually a bold move because more than baring my backside in Bourke Street, the downside for making such claims would be litigation and great loss if my statements were not true - lucky they were!

I've always maintained that we need their game to be quality as it is bad for all of us in the industry if it is poor, when it was displayed at PAX to international guests it was embarrassing for Trickstar and for all of us in the broader industry too. They left the event early, as soon as possible.

When MF says he let 505 down, he forgets to add that he let the industry down too. Melbourne has a strong reputation for making games that goes back decades and we are proud of it, there are tough times here for all sorts of reasons and we just don't need a bad game in the market and another publisher getting screwed over.

Like MF I began with the notion of telling everyone to buy both games, there is certainly room in the market for both games. I just could not keep saying that given the state of it and the miscommunication regarding quality and dates, and the taking of pre-orders for a game they knew was not finished and was to slip.

Users who are viewing this thread