Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I remember a little similar situation in the Ashes 13 forum a while back....Me and some other wiser(at least wiser than me :)) members started being a little concerned when there was no visual of the game after the end of month April...

We got the first sniffs of the delay which eventually turned out to be true and those blindfolded fanboys saying that it didn't bother them that there were no visuals must have their blind faith burnt in the daylight of delay news....

What troubles me is that surely Big Ant would like to have a minimum gap of about two months before the announcement of release date and the release date itself....And if that is the case then every passing day the release date is getting pushed back to November which some of us has established(with valid points including the long wait :D) is not the best time to release the game and time after that only gets worse...

PS:Well if strangely Ross thinks that there doesn't need to be a big gap between the release date and it's announcement then..:cheers

^^^^
Ross did mention earlier that Big Ant has a history of releasing games within a month of kicking off the marketing campaign.

What troubles me is that surely Big Ant would like to have a minimum gap of about two months before the announcement of release date and the release date itself....And if that is the case then every passing day the release date is getting pushed back to November which some of us has established(with valid points including the long wait :D) is not the best time to release the game and time after that only gets worse...

PS:Well if strangely Ross thinks that there doesn't need to be a big gap between the release date and it's announcement then..:cheers

With rugby league live there was a 3 week gap between release date announcement and launch.

And when did the promotion start for rll2? Did it start after the release date announcement or before?

SYDNEY, Australia ? September 19, 2012: Tru Blu Entertainment announced today that Rugby League Live 2 will be released on 11 October 2012 for PlayStation?3 and Xbox 360?, in Australia and New Zealand. Developed by Australian Game Studios Big Ant the game promises to deliver the hard-hitting action and excitement of the greatest game of all.

Given that this was our latest Retail title, can we now stop talking about "the date"?

SYDNEY, Australia ? September 19, 2012: Tru Blu Entertainment announced today that Rugby League Live 2 will be released on 11 October 2012 for PlayStation?3 and Xbox 360?, in Australia and New Zealand. Developed by Australian Game Studios Big Ant the game promises to deliver the hard-hitting action and excitement of the greatest game of all.

Given that this was our latest Retail title, can we now stop talking about "the date"?

I would suggest that this was a "hint" at "the date" but that might send "the forum" into a "frenzied" meltdown causing many "admins" to lose their sh#t
:thumbs

(Might have overdone it with the inverted commas... yes, "seriously")

SYDNEY, Australia ? September 19, 2013: Tru Blu Entertainment announced today that Don Bradman Cricket 14 will be released on 11 October 2013 for PC, PlayStation?3 and Xbox 360?, in Australia and New Zealand. Developed by Australian Game Studios Big Ant the game promises to deliver the hard-hitting action and excitement of the greatest game of all."?

Corrected and fixed ;)

I would suggest that this was a "hint" at "the date" but that might send "the forum" into a "frenzied" meltdown causing many "admins" to lose their sh#t
:thumbs

(Might have overdone it with the inverted commas... yes, "seriously")

"No". Just "No".

Ive taught myself not to expect too much anymore and to just wait it out, i will be happy if the game gets released this year but im not going to have a brain explosion if it doesn't, Ross and co know what they are doing and in the end we will still get an incredible cricket game to play. Ashes can dick around all they want for all i care, i know what game i'll be buying no matter what features they have/havent magically included, nothing will change my mind.

This is how bigant do business and it's worked for them in the past so way change. PS Ross any chance to release them screens tomorrow for the Dons birthday. PS Ross if you think this is bad, if you get a home run with Don14 things will be even worse for the second game.

PS also I'm going to the Perth ashes test on December 13 so excited as I have never been to Perth, are you going to any of the games ?

This is how bigant do business and it's worked for them in the past so way change. PS Ross any chance to release them screens tomorrow for the Dons birthday. PS Ross if you think this is bad, if you get a home run with Don14 things will be even worse for the second game.

PS also I'm going to the Perth ashes test on December 13 so excited as I have never been to Perth, are you going to any of the games ?

I'll be around at the majority - visiting the Margaret River wineries while I'm there :)

I'll be around at the majority - visiting the Margaret River wineries while I'm there :)
Chocolate Factory is a good visit too, and Settlers Tavern in the town do really nice food. Going to the Perth test myself too, might end up seeing you around :P

I think Trublu entertainment only leave a month between announcing a release date and the game coming out. They recently announced AFL Live 2 will be coming out on September 12th, also with them handling that release maybe they don't want 2 of their games coming out at the same time:
AFL Live 2 confirmed for September 12 release - GameSpot.com

Users who are viewing this thread