Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

nope, not taking my bat & ball and going home... you don't get rid of me that easy :)

However, the haul has been too long for too many, I can't imagine the state of things if I'd come on here a year earlier.... It would be hard to deny that if I'd waited longer to appear here then people whom have no patience now would not be so bored...

Ross, no patience.
I don't think that's the whole story, us fans have been treated like crap for years and now we see a bright light in you guys and people just believe the worse here.
Even I jumped the gun yesterday and thought no Don14 till next year.

There is always that fear that ashes2013 will get delayed till say Jan next year and then you follow and so on.
PS Ross do you still believe don14 will release before ashes, if you answered this question then maybe we can all move on and stop going around in circles.

There is no question of our game coming next year. none. nil. nada.

It will be this year at a time of our choosing. The date has not been chosen.

Ross....whenever you get too bored with the release date related qusetions, just post a few pics/video!! Trust me, you would get a new set of questions which you might be more interested in answering...its that easy ;)!

Unfortunately you are right, and we do have some coming as promised.

When I started to write it your post wasn't there. :p
Thought it was better to stick the quote in!

yeah... well I was reading and re-reading your post trying to work out the irony and sarcasm, figured I don't need a lesson on sarcasm but might have a diet low in irony...

Excellent, thanks Ross.
PS I have one small question, not release date I promise.:yes
Ok here guess, you feared release your game if ashes did make UK ashes but as it's in Australia now and it's your playing field then a small gap between the 2 games is not as bad as before. Thanks and good luck I hope you make heaps.

Unfortunately you are right, and we do have some coming as promised.

Unfortunately for you = Fortunately for us ;)

but might have a diet low in irony...

Well, talking about irony:

Trickstar tried to sabotage DBC14's release by lying to Cricket Australia about some assets being used in cricket academy. That backfired miserably for them, however, Mike Fegan posts just one line on facebook, "We have all of that, and more"....and it disrupts all plans by BigAnt to show their game :p!

Hows that for irony ;)!!!

Last edited:

That should stop the hysteria, it means that the worst case scenario is the game being only 127 days away! So as long as people know it is coming out pretty soon that should stop the release date questions right? :)

That should stop the hysteria, it means that the worst case scenario is the game being only 127 days away! So as long as people know it is coming out pretty soon that should stop the release date questions right? :)

Strongly Agreed...

When is the release date for the next release of the next question for the relea:eek:se date.

Big Ant have the poker face on waiting to see if 505/Trickstar meet their deadlines for a November release. If not they sneak in and hoover up the Ashes slot and considerably higher profits. If it looks like AC13 is on course for November, Big Ant/Tru Blu have a track record of being able to market and release in 3 weeks and should then be able to release before AC13 beating them to market

This is my assessment as well. And, IMHO, it makes complete sense. Long post warning.

For those suggesting that AC13's release date shouldn't impact DBC14's, or that they don't understand why, that seems naive. If the changed/changing circumstances around AC13's release date offer Big Ant a challenge, or what I think Ross has hinted at - an opportunity, it makes sense to react accordingly.

To those suggesting game completeness related issues, please keep in mind the Bradman Trust's endorsement, Tru Blu signing on as Publisher (both of which happened after the Ashes 13 fiasco, so bet your ass the due diligence would have been elevated a notch), evidence of QA resources joining the team recently, an "official" the-game-is-coming announcement, a relatively steady stream of content updates via Cricket Academy and a fairly community oriented sharing of in-game content (members in screenies, videos; a release later this week in response to another request). Where's the evidence of a lack of information and/or a possible "delay" being caused due to the game not being ready.

Finally, points related to diffidence or a desire to not go up against AC13 also I do not get. In fact, I have the exact opposite take. The strategy that works best for DBC14 is, simply put, be on the shelves with AC13. And we've all come to know Ross as confident, certainly, perhaps even a bit cocky at times.

Ross can't control if or when AC13 releases. He can, and should, fine tune his plans to maximize the game's sales. If AC13 releases per schedule, just by timing DBC14's release right, he gets to augment his/TruBlu's marketing efforts with 505's (at least in the Australian market); and on their dime, offer customers in-store a choice between a much delayed game that licenses a series now associated with one of their worst defeats in history, versus a game with the greatest Australian ambassador on the front and a solid set of features at the back. You choose.

In the other scenario, Ashes delays or cancels, and that provides Big Ant a tremendous PR opportunity and the ability to convert negative press for Trickstar/505 into meaningful eyeballs, exposure and (potentially) sales for DBC14. Not wishing this upon anyone, just pointing out the realities of business. If this happens, it is an opportunity Big Ant would be remiss to let go.

I am as eager as everyone on here to get the game in my hands; as eager to know when it is releasing. I can't tell you what to do, but I for one am trying not to be unreasonable, as a few things are worth keeping in mind. A) A release date has not been given, so there is no delay. B) A release timeframe has only been hinted at and any adjustments therein said to amount to a matter of weeks. C) For an indie developer where the sales of a few hundred thousand units here and there is not pocket change, releasing a game that doesn't exactly have the world's greatest consumer base, the impact of competitive positioning and release timing perhaps has more weight than some of you are willing to grant.

[/end longest post in a while]

On a complete tangent, Ross - does your game feature team celebrations after winning an important series, including the ability to piss on the pitch?

Oh wait, wrong game, sorry.

wow - talk about a guy getting it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't agree with this logic. It would only work as a marquee game if it were just for xbox one or ps4. Sony and Microsoft would rather use exclusives as ways of selling their console.

Since the game is coming to both consoles, it's better to have it on 360 and PS3 since the amount of those owners will be larger than xbox one and PS4 owners for a fair while. Remember it took ages for the PS3 owners to even match the PS2 owners.

Personally, I'd have liked if they actually developed it for the PS4 and xbox one to make full use of their power. Even if released on them now, it'll look a little prettier, run a bit smoother and maybe have a few more cars and pedestrians on screen, but it'll still just be a prettied up current gen game running on next gen.

As for Bradman 14, there are always going to be big releases. Sure, GTA V is a bit bigger than usual but I doubt and hope it wouldn't affect Bradman by more than a week.
That's reasonable logic, fair enough. Perhaps we should look to instances like Gran Turismo and Halo instead. That said though, there are certain publishers who are making a serious effort to have 'mini-exclusives' in arranging deals for multi-platform games to have earlier release dates for specific consoles. Activision have done it recently with the CoD series, in that it seems DLC is out a few weeks earlier for the 360. I see your point though.

To draw a thick line under the release date stuff:

This was actually all I was after. I'm glad I got what I was looking for, and special thanks to the guy who managed to get that out of Ross.

:cheers:cheers
Ross...uve been cool...
u joined this page..
uve interacted with fans..
uve given us info...teasers..
cheers man!!!!

'The last time i was this excited about a cricket game was when Cricket 97 came out. I was in school then. Been waiting for this for 16 years'

Ross - Respect for putting up with us...Release it when you are good and ready...release it when u feel u can make a huge profit. The cricket game lovers need this to continue.:thumbs:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread