Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross,
Simple Advice- Post some screenshots/videos. This would deviate people from Release date.
Cant really blame the people for constant probing release because IMO DBC 14 is people's game, a lot of input has been taken from fans! Just to remind you, you're doing great mate!!:thumbs

I had no doubt the game was coming this year. It will be around Mid October to Mid November I guess, depending upon what Mike Fegan comes up with in the meanwhile.

The cricket game lovers need this to continue.:thumbs:thumbs
I tried playing Cricket 07 last night when my considerably-better-half went to sleep. Firstly I had to work out which pixel was the ball, and then I lost two wickets really quickly because apparently the stick direction for 'forward defence' also means 'play totally around this straight ball'. I then got hit by a bouncer and knocked down, to which Mark Nicholas claimed my batsman will probably not play again this match. Oh there he is, hooking the next ball for four.

Dated by now. Very much dated. Even back in 2007, this game was probably terrible.

Honestly, I haven't quite understood the marketing tactics by BA an TB yet. But by judging by the last few pages, I am now speculating that the release date will be announced at probably the last week of September. The game will be released a month after that, i.e. the later half of October.

Source: I've my own theories about the above strategy! ;):spy

I tried playing Cricket 07 last night when my considerably-better-half went to sleep. Firstly I had to work out which pixel was the ball, and then I lost two wickets really quickly because apparently the stick direction for 'forward defence' also means 'play totally around this straight ball'. I then got hit by a bouncer and knocked down, to which Mark Nicholas claimed my batsman will probably not play again this match. Oh there he is, hooking the next ball for four.

Dated by now. Very much dated. Even back in 2007, this game was probably terrible.

i am sorry u got hit by the bouncer!!!! i meant Cricket 97....its been 16 years..by today's standards it probably looks like crap now but 16 years ago, it was a good cricket game to play..:thumbs:thumbs

----------

u could have probably used 'you' instead.

and in the process let me also expand and type out all my 'LAMOs and ROFLs and LOLs' ;)
:cheers

Last edited:
It's always fascinating to come back after a few hours away and check this forum to find it deteriorate into nastiness and name calling...

Just to arrive late to the party with my own opinion, I got one thing to ask about this whole situation.

How many people on this forum have worked in marketing a video game that had a million dollar production budget?

Anyone...?

The smart thing to do would be to wait until the footy season is over for starters ;)

How many people on this forum have worked in marketing a video game that had a million dollar production budget?
I think the main point is that we've all seen the marketing of other games, and then Ross comes along and does something that seems counter to that.

We're used to hearing release dates months in advance, we're used to flashy trailers, and having a single pre-release Q&A with a guy from the marketing department.

Once the release date stuff is all a distant memory, we'll probably be able to sit back and look at the genius of their marketing strategy - but for now, people have nothing really to compare it to, except for those who paid a lot of attention to their League games.

He's said the game is being released this year...so you know what?

Be patient, there are some great games coming out in the very neat future. Personally my degree will be put on hold while I play gta v into the ground.

But as soon as this is released, gta will get a rest :D

I think the main point is that we've all seen the marketing of other games, and then Ross comes along and does something that seems counter to that.

We're used to hearing release dates months in advance, we're used to flashy trailers, and having a single pre-release Q&A with a guy from the marketing department.

Once the release date stuff is all a distant memory, we'll probably be able to sit back and look at the genius of their marketing strategy - but for now, people have nothing really to compare it to, except for those who paid a lot of attention to their League games.
To go a bit off topic here, you don't have to be an industry leader at something to have an opinion on something - that's the beauty of opinion.

Plus, if you put enough effort in to it, you can learn a lot about pretty much anything thanks to the internet. I dare say you can even learn one or two things from people who are at the top.

You got to remember this is a completely new game. Unlike established juggernauts like GTA, FIFA et al, we already know about these games and they are already successful franchises - and even these massive games have delays (any fans of Gran Turismo can attest to that). To compare it would be unfair.

To have a 6 month campaign marketing this game would be rather pointless as there is no established fan base or game history as the above had. People would forget about it after a month as there is always another game to buy (too friggin many and not enough time if you ask me). So why would you waste that money on a long term campaign. You are better off to hit the market with one strong punch.

For example, I never knew anything about 'The Last Of Us' until the week of release when I saw a lot of ads and reviews for it. It didn't need a long lead in time because it was a completely new IP. But when I saw how awesome it was, I bought it as soon as possible.

Yes, it is a long slog for us of Planetcricket because we have known about it for so long and it is so frustrating. Believe me, I am just as eager as anybody and I can't wait for it to be released. But have some perspective people... most people in the public, ie. outside Planetcricket, haven't got the faintest idea about this game, and honestly, they won't really care about it until they are able to buy it.

----------

whoops... didn't mean to write that much... must be getting late for me as I'm waffling.

Also, for the record. I'm far more excited about this cricket game then I am about GTAV, FIFA14 or anything else. They come around far too regularly. A decent, revolutionary cricket game... how often do they come around?

***crickets***
(pun intended)

Users who are viewing this thread