Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What we know so far it seems very batsmen orientated, what's in it for the bowlers?

well bowlers can get clouted for 4 but get the batsman next ball, or next spell.

i'm sure if you "do a kerrigan", you'll be sweating on your place and feeling frustrated just like a batsman who can't buy a run.

guys in CA are there 2 different versions? coz im not able to find jerseys and all while others have used this.

It's hard to compare across genres. As a video game overall it probably won't be as good as F12013 or BF 4 because F12013 is the third or fourth iteration and there have been a squillion battlefield games in the past. They have both also been made by companies with a lot of money.

It then comes down a bit to what you like in general. The NBA 2k games are better video games than AFL Live but I played much more of the latter because I love AFL and have barely a passing interest in basketball. If you love formula 1 and shooting people then go for those other games, but otherwise I'd go for cricket.

ok, thanks

just came back from holiday guys have i missed anything

guys in CA are there 2 different versions? coz im not able to find jerseys and all while others have used this.

in CA you usually only see shirt, but when you share you can choose to show short/long shirt, with vest/jumper etc.

when you have added players to a team it will show them in that team's kit

Ok, this is what I might do. Pre-order f1 2013 so i can get the classic content. If I can save enough money by 2014, i will hopefully get dbc14.....unless dbc14 has pre-order special content in which case...my plan has failed

Bro, I don't think I fully understood you.
I played FIFA 13 and PES 13 too,
The be-a-pro mode in them also only allows you to control only your player while others play their match as a team.
In DBC 14, it's the same case. you play your role while everyone carries out the game. ^^ they have a full team playing? offcourse, cricket is a team game and here the full team plays too.

vai we'r bangladeshi..so let's start with addressing ourselves as vai. lol.. i have also played fifa and pes..in pes you can't play as the full team. but in fifa u can play as the full team in be a pro mode. to do it u'll have to switch the option to play as the full team. i don't really have any type of complaint regarding this things.. but when u are playing a tournament in be a pro mode. then u may play good. but ur team might not play like u and as a result u may lose the match. as a result u may not get the man of the match prize despite of playing better than anyone..thanks

Which brings the mental aspect of cricket into play like no other game has even come 1% close to. The pressure that you feel to perform, the frustration that you feel when things dont go your way, the depression (and maybe resolve) that you feel when you lose your place in the side!

That was beautiful man, like a cricketers poem or something. Ross should write something like that on the back cover when selling the career mode.:clap

vai we'r bangladeshi..so let's start with addressing ourselves as vai. lol.. i have also played fifa and pes..in pes you can't play as the full team. but in fifa u can play as the full team in be a pro mode. to do it u'll have to switch the option to play as the full team. i don't really have any type of complaint regarding this things.. but when u are playing a tournament in be a pro mode. then u may play good. but ur team might not play like u and as a result u may lose the match. as a result u may not get the man of the match prize despite of playing better than anyone..thanks

:) it's okay if we call ourselves vai (which means 'brother' @admins)..
But vai, this forum has strict rules on language and text/speech, so I didn't use it before, also i've been warned a few times. :rolleyes
Sorry, Cause I mostly played PES than FIFA, but in both cases i just controlled and grew my 1 single player..
If FIFA had it, then great, but yeah, as you said, this game's already a great one, so no complaints..
And in cricket, in DBC14, the good point is, every player has their own stats, so i think whether or not your team plays well, you always get the credit for good performances. :thumbs

Last edited:

...and that doesn't happen in real cricket? Sure, it'll be frustrating if you play really well but you end up losing; but that's just how the game works, especially as there will be times where you'll get a pair or bowl 0/100, but your team-mates play well enough to get the win.

Also; cricket is different to football - its a game that suits a "Be a Pro" style approach. The closest example is therefore probably MLB the show; which doesn't have any option to allow you to control the entire team - and its all the better for it! The number of times that I've pitched will but my team loses 1-0 or something is quite high, but that's what happens sometimes in reality!

:) it's okay if we call ourselves vai (which means 'brother' @admins)..
But vai, this forum has strict rules on language and text/speech, so I didn't use it before, also i've been warned a few times. :rolleyes
Sorry, Cause I mostly played PES than FIFA, but in both cases i just controlled and grew my 1 single player..
If FIFA had it, then great, but yeah, as you said, this game's already a great one, so no complaints..
And in cricket, in DBC14, the good point is, every player has their own stats, so i think whether or not your team plays well, you always get the credit for good performances. :thumbs

i had been banned for last 1 week.. as i did shortcut texting, though i didn't know the rules.. lol

Ross or anyone at Big Ant any word on if this will be available on Steam/Origin? As stated previously, I live in Jamaica and I think Steam, will make the game a lot more accessible to a lot more people?

Users who are viewing this thread