Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Believe me I do understand the financial difficulties in some nations, I don't condone piracy at all, but games are luxuries that most can ill afford, I'm pretty sure that game prices are made fairly relevant to a nations finances. e.g a game in the UK may cost ?40 but in India would be less, and that gaming companies do try to make it accessible to as many as possible, by lowering their profit margin considerably to attract the emerging nations, but you're right, piracy is a problem that doesn't seem to be fixable!! Maybe if people bought the game between them and shared it, rather than pirate it, it may start to buck the trend.

Believe me I do understand the financial difficulties in some nations, I don't condone piracy at all, but games are luxuries that most can ill afford, I'm pretty sure that game prices are made fairly relevant to a nations finances. e.g a game in the UK may cost ?40 but in India would be less, and that gaming companies do try to make it accessible to as many as possible, by lowering their profit margin considerably to attract the emerging nations, but you're right, piracy is a problem that doesn't seem to be fixable!! Maybe if people bought the game between them and shared it, rather than pirate it, it may start to buck the trend.

Actually they not! They are pretty high for sub continent! however as mentioned gaming is luxury, and people who can afford should be the only one playing.

Even in UK people are struggling with finances and gaming is something that will be last on the list. But that does not mean to steal professional work for the people who have put their heart and soul for more than 5 years.

Cricket itself is luxury in gaming, as we rarely get a game. As CricketOnline always say we are the cursed one, so piracy is not a way to go for anyone. Please guys support this game and make it successful for the future iteration.

Last edited:
I was under the impression games were slightly cheaper, dont get me wrong i didn't expect them to be ?10 or something ridiculous but apologies if I'm wrong.

I don't see a problem with people sharing a game rather than pirate it!! 25% of people buying a game and sharing it is better for a company than 99.99% pirating it! I don't know what bigants thoughts on this are but piracy to the gaming industry is like herpes to a whore! (Fegans it up)

----------

Personally I love all Indian and Sri Lankan
ladies :yes

I must admit I'm quite partial myself, I wouldn't mind a go on Parminder Nagra!!!

More people will BUY the game from Australia than from Pakistan and Bangladesh combined yet more people will play the game in Pakistan and Bangladesh. THAT'S the crux of the problem. Its the same problem that India has; and it only really has two solutions: bullshit DRM that pisses people off and costs you sales in core markets (UK, Australia), or go console only and take away most of your subcontinent sales as well as a chunk of your core sales. It can only be fixed when both the people of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh get the money to buy legit games, and the culture there changes to make piracy something not discussed in the wider gaming community and make it frowned upon. That won't happen for many years. Its a phase which the UK market went through (when piracy was copying floppy discs or cassette tapes) and although piracy remains a problem, its not something that most people who play games like or do or can do (impossible on consoles, many PC users don't pirate because they want to credit developers)

Check this out

Video Games Piracy Losses by Country
in COUNTERFEIT GOODS
The following are the estimated losses to video game piracy by countries. The numbers are the most current data regarding video game piracy released by the International Intellectual Property Alliance.

Country Market Value
1 Italy 817 Million
2 China 589.9 Million
3 Spain 510 Million
4 South Korea 461.9 Million
5 Russia 282.1 Million
6 Mexico 273 Million
7 Taiwan 202.9 Million
8 Brazil 159.3 Million
9 Sweden 135.3 Million
10 India 129.9 Million
11 Thailand 91.4 Million
12 Poland 76 Million
13 Australia 75 Million
14 Greece 30.2 Million
15 Malaysia 28 Million
16 Bulgaria 21 Million
17 Hungary 15.9 Million
18 Egypt 14.3 Million
19 Israel 11.4 Million
19 Philippines 11.3 Million

Video Games Piracy Losses by Country

China is not interested in cricket & Most of Indians[99.99%] don't believe in buying games, I have seen many computers filled with EA cricket 2007 all pirated. Indian people don't know value of games, I'm an Indian & I want to say that Indians are dumb when it comes to games.:mad

I'm An Indian I Started Playing Computer Games When I Was 3 My First Game Was Roadrash And Dave..Me And Brother Started Buying Games From A Nearby Shop Which Obviously Has Pirated Games But I Seriously Didn't Know It's Until I Turned 10...I Agree That India Was Not A Destination To Sell Games Earlier But Now Indian Gaming Market Is Expected To Grow To 2000 Crores(333 Million $ Approx.) By 2020 Which Itself A Great Positive Sign For The Developers And Retailers So Stop Posting Absurd Comments In Public Forum! :cheers (No Offence Intended Bro)

----------

Personally I love all Indian and Sri Lankan
ladies :yes

Add Pakistan Too :D

Solution!!!

Here is a one time expense that can save the PC piracy. Any user that owns a PC game will be supplied with a serial key certificate. Must have an internet connection. he/she will have to register their PC (ip, static ip) and obtain another security key from gaming server that will be a onetime use. before they can install the game on another pc, they will have to uninstall or deactivate it on their previous PC first. of course Game developers can bare the cost of running the server to obtain security key for a year or so until the game is well spread in the market or the next Game is releasing.

Any comments???

You're going to have things (bowler speeds for one) that are simply not going to reflect reality, because that would be impossible for the majority of us to play the game. Your most ELITE players in the world struggle to face bowlers of 140kph and above, so you don't want that stuff in the game because it wouldn't be fun.

I don't take issue with your broader point here but I don't think the above is necessarily true.

.45 of a second is a very comfortable reaction window for your average gamer, especially for a response assessed primarily on timing.

An elite batsman doesn't necessarily have quicker reactions than your average non sportsman. He just has a greater ability to predict the likely bounce point and years of honed technique that produce complete cricket shots with as little thought as flicking a thumb.

So if (admittedly, a big if) a gaming environment simulates the predictive ability of an elite batsman with a control system that's able to correctly read a sophisticated choice of shot from two analogue inputs (might have to keep buttons out of it or risk hampering reaction time), and bearing in mind that the actual act of aiming the bat at the ball is already out of the user's hands, it should be perfectly playable by Joe Schmo even if he only gets .45 of a sec.

Not that that's necessarily the best design route, but I bet it's possible to produce a playable game that way.

That video on that story is hilarious!!!!! :lol not to mention England are 7 for 10

----------

Im waiting for the news that Big Ant have acquired the Australian and English Licenses due to the failure of Ashes Cricket :D

No point... Why would you want licenses when you have CA???....

Big Ant have created a new system that allows unparalleled customisation.. Lets embrace it to the fullest...

Plus- all the days of work a lot of people have put into creating the intl, domestic teams etc... There is a sense of ownership and proudness to say 'Yeah, people are downloading my Australian team!!... More money into gameplay :)

No point... Why would you want licenses when you have CA???....

From a marketing point im sure that Big Ant would love to have the licenses, I understand your point but having Cricket Australia and ECB backing on any game is going to increase its chances of selling better.

Users who are viewing this thread