Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I got my new GN bat this week from the bat making experience at lords, it hasn't got a yellow grip, but I've wanted one since I first saw him play, he was my hero as a kid!! I got my new GN shoes today so its shoes pads gloves thigh pads and bat all by GN for this season!!! the funny thing is im beginning to look more like my own created player in CA everyday!!! I'm thinking of getting the "all the gear, no idea" t shirt from punk cricket!

I got my new GN bat this week from the bat making experience at lords, it hasn't got a yellow grip, but I've wanted one since I first saw him play, he was my hero as a kid!! I got my new GN shoes today so its shoes pads gloves thigh pads and bat all by GN for this season!!! the funny thing is im beginning to look more like my own created player in CA everyday!!! I'm thinking of getting the "all the gear, no idea" t shirt from punk cricket!

Sadly that was my first and last GN bat! I had a G&M next and then a brief sponsorship from Hunts County, which was followed by an 11 year cricketing exodus. Just got a new bat last week, a custom made Aldred (made by Paul Aldred ex Derbyshire bowler). It's insane.

You've got to match kit, but it does result in sledging before, during and after your innings!

Yep already getting it from my own team mates!!! Last year I had kookaburra gloves slazenger pads a reebok bat I was like steptoes poor brother!! Who do you play for now?

Yep already getting it from my own team mates!!! Last year I had kookaburra gloves slazenger pads a reebok bat I was like steptoes poor brother!! Who do you play for now?

I moved so I'm in the process of looking for a new team, but before I do I'll nip down to Old Trafford and have a few one-on-one coaching net sessions just get rid of as much rust as i can! You?

I play for Cople CC in the Bedfirdshire league! Last year was my first season back for over a decade, after 12 or so knee ops 2nd XI cricket is my limit!! As a 13 year old I kept wicket and batted well enough to play premier league club cricket and got invited to a few coaching clinics with beds youth, they were kind enough to say i was too short but truthfully i wasnt quite good enough as a batsman. last year I bowled well enough to top the div 5 wickets list , which is funny cos I hadn't really bowled since school. I just love the game and the team spirit of it all.

Advantage of playing uni Cricket in Scotland: our club kit is dated 1998 because that was the last time there was funds to replace it, and everyone is poor students so you end up with everyone getting the strangest, dodgiest equipment that all mismatches.

Probably going to get my first bat next month, anyone got any recommendations for a not-terrible bat for around ?100?

Isn't all the power transferred to the ball prior to the follow through? I'm sure Dr Pomers will be along shortly with his Physics lesson....

The same difference between a push and a complete follow through of the bat. There will be more power transferred if you do not restrict the bats followthrough. The finish is different, the bat ends up in front of the body but its no way close to the flick and has more power than normal.

When are you going to realise that we are massively taking the piss every time this comes up?

You don't need to take this so seriously.

Likewise mate...

Damn..... Facebook likes have increased heaps the past few days, and people were complaining about lack of marketing, something is working its charm for this to happen.

Also, very disappointed no one mentioned Mark Waugh when talking about back foot cover drives, for shame.

Last edited:
ya just a little share of what your first game will be pak vs ind with a cool screenshot had more comments than the release date announcement...finally they are getting a hang of FB and twitter

And when all the comments are complaining about the price and wanting it on PC, the likes are probably all they are getting out of that post.

not all , i checked a lot of comments are with regards to game or the share for that screenshot share of ind vs pak, though the shares could be more, but i think since this the first round it will increase as we keep sharing it.

maybe you should get on to DBC page and mod a bit to keep those keyboard and pc questions away:p

Damn..... Facebook likes have increased heaps the past few days, and people were complaining about lack of marketing, something is working its charm for this to happen.

Also, very disappointed no one mentioned Mark Waugh when talking about back foot cover drives, for shame.

There is a lot going on that does not hit Planet Cricket.

We've had an increase of 20% FB likes in a couple of days, it's not an accident, it's being driven.

Users who are viewing this thread