Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

AI Stumping Fix

Batting in career. AI partner facing... on comes a spin bowler. AI batsman advances down the wicket, stands there for 5 seconds, get's stumped, almost every single time.

Not sure if this has been said or people have worked out for themselves but an easy way to stop your AI batting partners getting stumped is to run and then cancel it immediately, they will go back to their crease. You should be ready to do this as soon as you see the batsman advancing.

Obvious solution is obvious but took me a while to start doing it.

I will most likely buy the PC version as well, purely for Modding as I know there will be some out right spectacular modds done by people out here that i will be desperate to play...

But until those mods are done, I am very happy with my ps3 version....

@BigAntStudios I did pm you, and I did pre order from game. I haven't received a steel book yet!

----------

Sorry I actually messaged you as a visitor message, my fault!

Batting in career. AI partner facing... on comes a spin bowler. AI batsman advances down the wicket, stands there for 5 seconds, get's stumped, almost every single time.

Not sure if this has been said or people have worked out for themselves but an easy way to stop your AI batting partners getting stumped is to run and then cancel it immediately, they will go back to their crease. You should be ready to do this as soon as you see the batsman advancing.

Obvious solution is obvious but took me a while to start doing it.

On the flip side - in competition mode I made my number 11 batsman charge out of his crease 3 times in an over against the spinner. Missed it all 3 times and was a long way down but because the keeper takes so long to remove the bails I had plenty of time to get back.

I wonder if the AI batsman statuing outside his crease is a (slightly clumsy) workaround to the slow reactions of the keeper. Hopefully this can be fied and we can see the keeper whipping the bails off like lightning as we see in real life...

Also have this issue with runouts that are not direct hits where the keper or bowler just stand at the stumps with ball in hand for a couple of seconds before attempting the runout.

Just on the whole runout thing - I've noticed that, if you're at the non-strikers' end and you don't cancel a run...your batsman will turn around and run back into his crease automatically, whereas if you cancel, the bowler/fielder will automatically throw down the stumps.

I ALSO noted that, should the bowler happen to catch you out of your crease before said 'automatic return to crease' and tries to run you out...it won't work! This has happened 3 times to me ie. bowler bowled, AI batsman hit it straight back to the bowler (my player is still stupidly standing 3 feet out of the crease staring down the pitch) who catches it magically (because fast bowlers can do that :p) and tries to stump me but the bails don't come off. If I cancelled it, the bails would come off. Maybe its some sort of thing built in by BA?

Also the 'pull up' you get from batsmen running back to the non strikers' end after a run has contributed to them being bowled out on a direct throw, which is ridiculous. I know it looks cool them slowing down, but practically its useless and they should only slow down AFTER passing the crease.

Gosh I love this game :D

I must just thank Ross and the team again for this game, I am now playing the Benson and Hedges 92 World cup with the real teams and players, and I am lining up the 96 Wills world cup, west indian rebel tour to south Africa, England ashes of the 90's, west indies vs aus 95 test series rematch, and the South Africa currie cup competition of the 80's all with the real players and almost exact look alikes! I never thought this will be possible. Thanks Ross and Co:thumbs:cheers

Really?

Pre-orders soon? :: Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussions

and

attachment.php

Ross; I've been clicking the "play now" button here and the game isn't loading. Please fix this very annoying bug tia.

I must just thank Ross and the team again for this game, I am now playing the Benson and Hedges 92 World cup with the real teams and players, and I am lining up the 96 Wills world cup, west indian rebel tour to south Africa, England ashes of the 90's, west indies vs aus 95 test series rematch, and the South Africa currie cup competition of the 80's all with the real players and almost exact look alikes! I never thought this will be possible. Thanks Ross and Co:thumbs:cheers

are you using my south african rebel teams? (mrdconnors on CA).

for the other teams - what creator are you using? i'd love to play some of those.

Honestly those superhuman fielders make me just quit the game and put in another.

I don't think the fielding is too bad, tbh.

I often want to go down the other end and beat my partner around the head and face with the beat, all the while screaming "PLAY PROPER CRICKET STROKES, YOU MUPPET".

Occasionally I'd like to introduce electrocution for not putting the bat down when running.

And I'm beginning to lose my mind with some of the "Why the hell did I miss/edge/hit that ball in the air" moments.

Still the best cricket game ever, IMO.

I smash the ball and silly point catches it every other time... just don't make sense.

Why every other mistimed shot goes straight to a fielder as a catch ? It's not that i am slogging or anything, simple push/ drive becomes a catch..

and run outs.. well that is just painful to see.

I agree its a very good game but please fix these issues before people start getting fed up with bugs.

I smash the ball and silly point catches it every other time... just don't make sense.

Why every other mistimed shot goes straight to a fielder as a catch ? It's not that i am slogging or anything, simple push/ drive becomes a catch..

and run outs.. well that is just painful to see.

I agree its a very good game but please fix these issues before people start getting fed up with bugs.

If you play the ball later it will go along the ground!

I have to say, best cricket game I've played. it has displace Fifa from my console. I also think the batting is not extreme in difficulty if you play predominantly off the front foot. In time, you get used to seeing the ball on leg/middle and outside off fairly early as well as improving on rocking back onto the back foot when required.
Yes, you get out occasionally trying to force the ball but that is natural right?
All in all, great game BigAnt

Today's Batting by Kings XI Punjab was like a T20 match in rookie level in DBC 14...:p

One thing I did when I was bored between revision was load up the game: create two identical quick bowlers and have one as the tallest height and the other as the shortest, and then added them to a team to see how different heights affected ball trajectories.

As an experiment, its really interesting to see how different the bounce is! They both could bowl up to 97MPH: but a bouncer from the tall guy would be head height at least: while from the short guy it'd be at weight height at most (thus easy to hit); while anything full from the short guy seemed to be harder to hit at anything full since even a slight half volley didn't really bounce so the ball had no elevation for the batsman to slog at it. Something that I recommend that you try out when you're bored!

Users who are viewing this thread