Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Playing my career on pro but the jump up to internationals is killing me.
So yes it would be great if you could keep your career player on the same level.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would make the following two changes to career mode to enhance accessibility and to balance the career ranking :-

1. Have an option when you start the career where you either decide whether you a) want the same difficulty level throughout or b) have the difficulty level stepped up for intl matches.

2. Have the career ranking points based on the career difficulty level chosen by the user. E.g., if you start your career at Rookie level you get say 1 point for an event. On Amateur you will get 2 points, on PRO 4 points, on Veteran 7 points and on Legend 10 points for the same event. This will ensure the career ranking points balance out based on the difficulty level.

These two changes would be a win-win for everyone as everyone can play the career mode and folks who care about career ranking points can look to play at higher difficulty levels.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
IMO user experience should be for the user to decide. If someone enjoys playing entire career at a certain difficulty level, be it Rookie or Amateur, so be it. That's the whole point of selecting the difficulty level and I say let folks play the entire career at whatever level they are most comfortable with.
But that would be an issue for Leaderboards...Then those should not be there or should have a different category like say Full amateur, full Pro, full veteran and full legend...Maybe then it can be done so....I agree that its for the user to decide as some may fell the jump frustrating as it may require more from them than before....

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I would make the following two changes to career mode to enhance accessibility and to balance the career ranking :-

1. Have an option when you start the career where you either decide whether you a) want the same difficulty level throughout or b) have the difficulty level stepped up for intl matches.

2. Have the career ranking points based on the career difficulty level chosen by the user. E.g., if you start your career at Rookie level you get say 1 point for an event. On Amateur you will get 2 points, on PRO 4 points, on Veteran 7 points and on Legend 10 points for the same event. This will ensure the career ranking points balance out based on the difficulty level.

These two changes would be a win-win for everyone as everyone can play the career mode and folks who care about career ranking points can look to play at higher difficulty levels.

1.I would suggest an option like in the start of a career as "Difficulty level Jump" and options as "Same" "1" "2" ..
-"Same" meaning same level throughout the career..So that everyone is happy...
-"1" jump up one level meaning 1 jump at International matches
-"2" meaning 1 jump at getting other country's county and another one at International

2.Perfect suggestion :thumbs

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think it would be a good idea if you could change the skill level in the career, as you can with custom games, that way you could go up and down levels as you go through your career whether you're struggling or finding it too easy. Either that or have the ability to select the difficulty for the various formats at the start if your career. Eg 1st class-pro
list a-amateur t20-amateur IPL-pro test-veteran etc etc

superfreddie

Club Captain
I have to agree I find it difficult to switch between strategy/timing changes between fc and internationals due to different skill levels. I think when it changes it should stay that way or ideally choose yourself as already said.

I have to say though I am absolutely loving the game at the moment. I have found an issue though which is a bit of aI issue. I'm currently playing in the big bash in career mode on amateur and until now have found batting challenging enough. But against spin I can hit over mid on/off every time now i've nailed the timing. In my last 5 t20 innings I've scored 3 hundreds and a double ton mostly with one shot to spinners scoring 90% of my runs. But the ai just refuse to put in a long on/off. I just can't help but exploit it. Small thing but would be nice to be fixed and stop me smashing every spinner to smitherines.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have to agree I find it difficult to switch between strategy/timing changes between fc and internationals due to different skill levels. I think when it changes it should stay that way or ideally choose yourself as already said.

I have to say though I am absolutely loving the game at the moment. I have found an issue though which is a bit of aI issue. I'm currently playing in the big bash in career mode on amateur and until now have found batting challenging enough. But against spin I can hit over mid on/off every time now i've nailed the timing. In my last 5 t20 innings I've scored 3 hundreds and a double ton mostly with one shot to spinners scoring 90% of my runs. But the ai just refuse to put in a long on/off. I just can't help but exploit it. Small thing but would be nice to be fixed and stop me smashing every spinner to smitherines.

HBK mentioned sometime back that adaptive AI field placement happens at PRO or higher. Field placements at Rookie and Amateur level are random without factoring in how you bat.

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
any news of next update ? It's very long gap after releasing update 1.14.1.

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
why in career mode pitch deterioration is not going well mostly in save match? it is very bad because it is day 4 and 1st session.In the pitch have no cracks and black spots. 2014-10-15_00002.jpg

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's already been noted ;)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@Ross :Can this game be added with move compatibility?? I have always wanted a game with a life like stadium and a proper cricket game with the camera angle from behind..This game has got all the stuffs required...It would be great to make to move compatible for the feel that you get from batting....As a paid DLC maybe..

D

Deleted member 149013

When I bat during career mode the game will at random select back foot even when I am selecting front foot. This is annoying because it generally leads to the loss of my wicket. Is there a solution for this?
When you bat in rookie or amateur mode your foot choice is already selected for you. The only way is to bat in pro mode then you can select front or back foot.

Users who are viewing this thread