Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys how do you play the full-length balls through the offside on the square? I got bowled every time. :facepalm

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
you don't....... you play them straight...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Although the AI seems to have perfected the late cut to full straight balls; its not something that I'd recommend that people do.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
you don't....... you play them straight...
Well batsmen CAN play those through offside in reality.[DOUBLEPOST=1413635849][/DOUBLEPOST]
Although the AI seems to have perfected the late cut to full straight balls; its not something that I'd recommend that people do.
Yeah. It even hits a six on that delivery.

jmathanram

Club Cricketer
A Wicket :eek::eek:.. How come???:noway:noway

Could anyone please explain . (sorry for the very bad quality of video).

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A Wicket :eek::eek:.. How come???:noway:noway

Could anyone please explain . (sorry for the very bad quality of video).

How was he given out? Run out, caught or bowled? I suspect it might be a glitch where the throw going between the batsman's legs and hitting the stumps may have been wrongly interpreted as "bowled" by the game.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Well batsmen CAN play those through offside in reality.

Well..... This isn't reality this is a game. 1st iteration at that, its not going to have every shot under the sun is it... no need for your snarky attitude.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well..... This isn't reality this is a game. 1st iteration at that, its not going to have every shot under the sun is it... no need for your snarky attitude.

Well, the snarky attitude was there because of your reply. I know it's a game, and a simple reply would be that which you just give. I can play loads of drives on a full ball, even a late cut, and it is a good feature in the game, but you are saying simply that "you don't....... you play them straight..." :facepalm that's not a very logical reply to me mate. I was asking about how to play them on the off because what many users do, they set "custom fields" to cover off drives, straight drives, on drives and leg glances, and then they bowl yorkers to counter it. Now batsmen who are well settled can tackle that by placing a flat bat in the line of the ball and drive it square to the off. A very simple reply would be: "In this game, you can't".

Peace. :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well, the snarky attitude was there because of your reply. I know it's a game, and a simple reply would be that which you just give. I can play loads of drives on a full ball, even a late cut, and it is a good feature in the game, but you are saying simply that "you don't....... you play them straight..." :facepalm that's not a very logical reply to me mate. I was asking about how to play them on the off because what many users do, they set "custom fields" to cover off drives, straight drives, on drives and leg glances, and then they bowl yorkers to counter it. Now batsmen who are well settled can tackle that by placing a flat bat in the line of the ball and drive it square to the off. A very simple reply would be: "In this game, you can't".

How do you play that shot? I'm unable to play square off the wkt on the off side (square drive) at all, be it with a new batsman or a settled one. The cut shot doesn't work for fuller deliveries as you end up getting bowled or LBW.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
How do you play that shot? I'm unable to play square off the wkt on the off side (square drive) at all, be it with a new batsman or a settled one. The cut shot doesn't work for fuller deliveries as you end up getting bowled or LBW.
It seems we cannot play square drive on fuller deliveries in this game, bro. I was talking about reality. I hope in the next version we will be able to play that shot. This game has no match and this is the best Cricket game out there, but I seriously hope @BigAntStudios work in the future to give a proper animation for this shot.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer

Hence me saying ' You don't... you play them straight''

billionaiire

Club Captain
Hi,

I am returning to the forum after a long time and it is just impossible to wade through all the posts here to know if I am repeating what's already discussed. If you can, please direct me if you know where this question is already discussed or answered.

I have the game for PlayStation 3 and PC. Since the second or third patch, the game still is stuttering very much on PlayStation 3, especially online, so much so that it feels almost a generation old. On PC, the game is buttery smooth offline and online. I am sure that the game functioned a lot better visually right after the first release and also after the first patch on PlayStation 3. I am not sure if XBOX players are experiencing the same. Is the developer company aware of this issue? It is quite possible that after getting used to looking at the PC version performance, my eyes are spoiled but the lag is unbearable. The game plays somewhat better offline.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread