Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Official line from @BigAntStudios is that injuries are in the game, but rare.

However nobody I am aware of has ever seen an injury. I don't know how it's supposed to be implemented, whether by hitting batsmen repeatedly with bouncers, bowling a fast bowler for 30 over spell etc. but for all practical purposes there don't seem to be injuries in the game.

Madden has a setting for injuries which you can toggle 'ON' or 'OFF'. Maybe Big Ant can implement something similar or maybe they can have a setting for frequency of injuries in the game such as 'NEVER', 'RARE', 'NORMAL' and 'FREQUENT'.

The point is to not reward people who are distributing stolen property with your money.
Aah. So I got a call from Snapdeal that it was a system error and actual price is Rs.2500 because of which they have cancelled my order. I don't know how I should react but I think they should have shown some decency that its their fault so they must send it even at that price which was error but definitely it's their fault and not mine. I got confirmation mail too regarding the order. It's like we made a deal, we fixed a price now dealer just cancel it without my permission when it says order cannot be cancelled.

Aah. So I got a call from Snapdeal that it was a system error and actual price is Rs.2500 because of which they have cancelled my order. I don't know how I should react but I think they should have shown some decency that its their fault so they must send it even at that price which was error but definitely it's their fault and not mine. I got confirmation mail too regarding the order. It's like we made a deal, we fixed a price now dealer just cancel it without my permission when it says order cannot be cancelled.

Was expected. Snapdeal selling dbc was a huge scam. I got my copy from flipkart for just 799.

To my knowledge in Australia you'd have a case for them needing to accept the previously agreed price, even if it were in error, but to my knowledge few countries have similar consumer laws to Australia. To my knowledge it doesn't work that way in New Zealand.

The tactic may have been the "bait and switch" where you list something for a lower price, get people in, then tell them "whoosie, that was our mistake, this is the real price", and having already made up their mind on the product, many just accept it and pay the new, higher price.

To my knowledge in Australia you'd have a case for them needing to accept the previously agreed price, even if it were in error, but to my knowledge few countries have similar consumer laws to Australia. To my knowledge it doesn't work that way in New Zealand.

The tactic may have been the "bait and switch" where you list something for a lower price, get people in, then tell them "whoosie, that was our mistake, this is the real price", and having already made up their mind on the product, many just accept it and pay the new, higher price.
We are just built that way "To accept anything regardless of right or wrong"...If you do feel wrong then go home close the door and cry and shout..That's the way we deal with issues here....

In English Contract Law (and US and most similar systems) certainly they wouldn't have to honour the price it's an invitation to treat not an offer.

Generally places will honour the price it's their mistake but that's a goodwill practice not legal requirement.

Whether that changes by virtue of processing the order on the website I don't know - I guess legally your purchase constitutes an offer and they have not accepted it. Don't know not a lawyer and it may work differently in India.

Today while continuing to update my rosters before I start career mode I noticed in each teams "identity - home ground" that the North and South ends aren't named. So now I'm editing those too. I'll get around to career mode soon :o\

I'm a planetcricket stalker, but not a contributor...and in November 2014 I complained about the game. I'm too embarrassed to look at what I said at the time. I felt that I was getting wickets I didn't deserve, and/or that i wasn't getting rewarded for what I thought was good bowling. Someone recommended trying ODI's instead of Test Cricket so I did. Over Christmas I spent a few days working really hard on not giving up ... and I'm so glad stuck at it , I am really quite addicted. I'm still shite...Ireland bowled out by Canada for 136 in my own Associates league last Wednesday...but I'm fully immersed, it's enthralling and fist-pumps all the way.

A few things occurred to me:
1. Do not under any circumstances resume a saved game when you make it home half-cut from the pub. This game should have a "requires sobriety" warning on it.
2. Since Christmas I really like playing with a Cricket Scorers App, tapping coloured circles on my iphone for each ball....the in-game stats are not hugely comprehensive (I'm not complaining!!!)...and I like having extra tracking of progress and analyses and reminiscing on batting collapses, and bowling supremacy from top North American teams...like Canada.
3. I read the "Complete Linked / SKilled attributed teams" thread one evening last week. The behind the scenes dedication by a small group of planetcricket folk is just phenomenal. I just inserted the disk into my PS3, clicked "get best" and just ploughed on. In fact, the work and effort of creating realistic players, with accurate stats and information and linked to the correct teams, present and historical, minor and regional gives the game the immersion I love, and will keep me addicted for years.

I love this game. It's tough, it's unforgiving, it's quirky, it's fun. It's cricket.

Day 1:Waiting for PS4 Academy fix.
A Month later: Still Waiting xD
Sony really need to get their act together. Its been nearly three weeks since BA submitted the patch to fix this. Really hope its out by next weekend as I have the house to myself and should be able to get properly into my career mode I'm waiting to start if the patch is out.

Been a bit of a fun change from my previous experience, playing the other modes, but career is by far my preferred mode and I can't wait to get started.

Users who are viewing this thread