Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bowling lag is by design.

So just to update on the framerate concerns from people post-patch 2.

From our end, we've done extensive testing of no patch, patch 1 and after patch 2 and there's no discernible difference in framerate between these versions.

If you still believe this to be an issue, then footage is more than welcome. If you are to present footage though, it would be nice to get around an over or so of play (with a whole bunch of various outcomes in the over, ie wickets, boundaries, catches, etc.) as well as batting and bowling.

Cheers.

So just to update on the framerate concerns from people post-patch 2.

From our end, we've done extensive testing of no patch, patch 1 and after patch 2 and there's no discernible difference in framerate between these versions.

If you still believe this to be an issue, then footage is more than welcome. If you are to present footage though, it would be nice to get around an over or so of play (with a whole bunch of various outcomes in the over, ie wickets, boundaries, catches, etc.) as well as batting and bowling.

Cheers.

Hi HBK,
I don't have a video capture software for PS3 and don't think can post a video - maybe others can - but I can tell you the most common scenario when the stuttering/juddering occurs. When I play AI, it sets a default field with mid off and point (or forward point) as the two off side fielders in front of the wkt. When I play cover drive and the ball goes to the off side it starts stuttering quite heavily and when that happens the ball rarely goes to the boundary, if ever. It almost seems like this stuttering is part of the "outfield slowing down the ball" code and you get 2 to 3 runs. If you want to see other examples of stuttering, you can also look at the scoreboard which comes up at the start of the match and you can almost see it shimmering and vibrating, and was much better prior to patch 2.

Edit: I forgot to mention I use "Far Batsman" camera for batting and "Broadcast" as the running cam. Try your test with these two cameras while batting and you should see what I mentioned above. At least it happens quite frequently for me on PS3.

@HBK619 :
Video of the going through the bat shot which I reported earlier

I have Pics as well but it says file is too large to process...What to do??[DOUBLEPOST=1406830283][/DOUBLEPOST]Another stuff which needs tweaking is in the video I have attached..Ball goes to the fielder at catchable height but the fielder doesn't respond...

Last edited:
Edit: I forgot to mention I use "Far Batsman" camera for batting and "Broadcast" as the running cam. Try your test with these two cameras while batting and you should see what I mentioned above. At least it happens quite frequently for me on PS3.

weird because when I play on my ps3 I get no stuttering at all

And herein lies the problem for BA :noway

So the let demo run before playing thing is working for me still. Nice one!

I have the xbox 360 version and have noticed a glitch where sometimes when you are bowling in career and get a caught behind the player all run to the center of the field to celebrate and just stand there looking at each other and the game stays there, anything you do in the menu just says it's queued all you can do is press the xbox button and go back to xbox home and start game again. So you lose where you were in the game and can't save it. Doesn't happen every caught behind just every now and then.
Anyone else having this glitch?

Everyone on Xbox is. Delay the appeal is the temporary fix, it's littered throughout the last few pages.

....as an aside, you win the username-of-the-month award.

Just joined and win a award?
Wow Awesome!
Ok I'll try to appeal as late as possible. As i said it doesn't happen every time just say 1 in 6 caught behinds.
Great game thou, i'm hooked.
I've played a lot of cricket games over my 39 years and this is by far and away the best and most realistic.

Video of the going through the bat shot which I reported earlier

I have Pics as well but it says file is too large to process...What to do??[DOUBLEPOST=1406830283][/DOUBLEPOST]Another stuff which needs tweaking is in the video I have attached..Ball goes to the fielder at catchable height but the fielder doesn't respond...

I don't think they are really issues to be honest with you. I think you are fixating too much on the graphics and not enough on the outcome. @BigAntStudios has said many times on these 'issues' that what can be seen here is a physics/animation disconnect which doesn't impact gameplay. Basically what I think it is, is the animations don't quite have the flexibilty to accurately reflect the complex physics at work in certain instances. The outcome would still have been the same, it's just the graphics don't quite represent it. It's annoying, but it's not really an issue - It's quite common in video games.

I don't think they are really issues to be honest with you. I think you are fixating too much on the graphics and not enough on the outcome. @BigAntStudios has said many times on these 'issues' that what can be seen here is a physics/animation disconnect which doesn't impact gameplay. Basically what I think it is, is the animations don't quite have the flexibilty to accurately reflect the complex physics at work in certain instances. The outcome would still have been the same, it's just the graphics don't quite represent it. It's annoying, but it's not really an issue - It's quite common in video games.
I know that Ross mentioned about the graphics thing but this shouldn't happen as neither I timed bad nor wrong shot selected but the ball goes too slow in the air at a catchable height...This surely needs tweaking for sure...The outcome here in the case is wrong and would have been different if it had hit the bat rather than go through it and slow it down....

Mode:Career
Match Type:Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):53.4 and 1st innings
Ground: Colombo Park
Teams: Ind vs SL
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: LBW appeal against my career player and was given "not out" by umpire and AI reviews the decision and the ball pitch and impact were on line but hitting the stumps was "Umpire's call"...And I thought that I was fine but after the DRS the decision was reversed instead should have stayed not out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread