Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just recently joined the forum as I too have the crash/save issue and have been reading the various comments in the hope of finding a solution. Mine is an unusual situation as about a month ago my Xbox (circa 2009) got the 3 red rings of death and was sent off to MS for repair. It turned out it couldn't be repaired so I was sent a 2013 console with all my original games re-installed on the new hard drive. While the Xbox was being repaired patch 2 was released so when I got the new Xbox a week ago I was looking forward to updating DB14 with the new patch and continuing my career (best part of the game).

I never had any issues with the game on the older console on patch 1 but unfortunately ever since patch 2 was installed on the newer console I get the crash/save problem. I have tried deleting then reinstalling the game onto the new console and various other methods discussed over the forum but no luck. In recent posts I had got the impression that Big Ant thought the problem only existed on older consoles but from my experience that is not the case.

I am very grateful for Big Ant's efforts in resolving the problem, especially as it appears it is a MS firmware issue not Big Ant's and remain optimistic that a solution will be found.

We still haven't had the crash on newer boxes ourselves, we have purchased older boxes to make it happen. The only thing that relates new to old in your case is the swap, I have to think they didn't use any of the old components in the new system but maybe the HDD?

Sadly we are still trying to resolve the issue. Every test is a long process as we cannot natively run code on a retail box.

I gotta admit for whatever reason. The 'one save restart after freezing' technique is working so far for me. Thanks to whoever suggested that.

Awwwww... Learn to respect your seniors

Y'know; everyone loves regdate elitism, because if you signed up for a silly internet forum before someone else you must be better than them!

besides, everyone knows that 2013s are the best!

Then how am I playing with a Dual Shock 3? I even used it for the Beta.

I was using it with other games (since I have DBC on PS3, I don't have the PC version) and the system I had (Better DS3) just broke a few days ago and I don't have a scooby how to fix it. When it works it works perfectly fine, but its not something that I'd recommend that someone with not a great deal of computer knowledge especially since wired 360 controllers are starting to go relatively cheaply...

I posted earlier ( few weeks back )
Old Xbox 60gb HDD

Save Game crash etc.
Starting the game and saving after one ball and crash works fine for me but I have found another way. ( by accident I might add )
I started up DB and left it as I got a phone call. Went back and the demonstration was running at the start. Normally never let it get that far of course. Went into career mode and did one ball saved and it DIDNT crash. Thought hang on a sec. So played ball by ball ( saved after each ball ) for a couple of overs and worked fine.
Past 10 days I have just been letting the game start up and letting the demo load then started the game as normal. Don't even have to bother checking to see if it will crash now as no crash for 10 days and well I play every night when Wife has gone to bed.

Don't know if that helps at all to people.

So many different little permutations seem to affect the issue and solve it for certain people and not for others... It really is a strange one.

I don't envy the task of trying to pinpoint it and find a workaround - hopefully there will be some good news on this front soon.

I posted earlier ( few weeks back )
Old Xbox 60gb HDD

Save Game crash etc.
Starting the game and saving after one ball and crash works fine for me but I have found another way. ( by accident I might add )
I started up DB and left it as I got a phone call. Went back and the demonstration was running at the start. Normally never let it get that far of course. Went into career mode and did one ball saved and it DIDNT crash. Thought hang on a sec. So played ball by ball ( saved after each ball ) for a couple of overs and worked fine.
Past 10 days I have just been letting the game start up and letting the demo load then started the game as normal. Don't even have to bother checking to see if it will crash now as no crash for 10 days and well I play every night when Wife has gone to bed.

Don't know if that helps at all to people.

Looks like I've got something new to try this evening.

Mode: Career
Match Type, Stadium, Over time etc are all at any point.

Basically 9/10 when i save and exit a career match or the game ends it freezes when the home page of career is about to get loaded. It makes career unplayable as your runs can count for nothing. Anybody experiencing or have a solution?

Mode: Career
Match Type, Stadium, Over time etc are all at any point.

Basically 9/10 when i save and exit a career match or the game ends it freezes when the home page of career is about to get loaded. It makes career unplayable as your runs can count for nothing. Anybody experiencing or have a solution?
I've seen it mentioned once or twice...

Just a thought, I wonder if putting a dummy save into the code that activated before you started, would work instead of having to play one ball and save to get the game working?

QUOTE="harryUK, post: 2845528, member: 142822"]Just a thought, I wonder if putting a dummy save into the code that activated before you started, would work instead of having to play one ball and save to get the game working?[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you mean? I'm not very technical haha so don't judge but is that possible on 360? And if so how can I do that?

On Sunday morning I switched on my game and all saved teams and players were gone, thus my profile has been reset? What can the reason be. I lost everything and had to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread