Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing across the line on legside should be less rewarding and result in more top edges, inside edges or play n miss. Playing straight should be more rewarding.

Playing straight doesnt help you much mate , as the bastards online just pack it with a Mid On , Long On , Guy in Middle of the Sightscreen , Long Off and Mid Off , couple with the 2 boundary runners for the leg side flicks.

Voila , there you have it , now just bowl each ball full and straight and you will soon be in the Top 20 rankings online....:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

It won't affect career modes you've already started.

damn:facepalm

----------

Hey mate, did the AI make 192 or did you simulate it to get these scores?

Ive got back to playing the game without the first patch. The field settings by the AI seem much more balanced - well at least you don't get the obscure fields where there are all fielders on the leg side, or massive gaps in front of the wicket. Makes for a better challenge batting.

i always simulate to player..i bowl out my overs and then simulate to player..
and i chased 192..

you are saying fields are sensible without the patch ? but without patch fielders are hidden behind players..how do you manage that..

Playing straight doesnt help you much mate , as the bastards online just pack it with a Mid On , Long On , Guy in Middle of the Sightscreen , Long Off and Mid Off , couple with the 2 boundary runners for the leg side flicks.

Voila , there you have it , now just bowl each ball full and straight and you will soon be in the Top 20 rankings online....:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Which is why you will almost never catch me playing anything online.

I learned my lesson back in the BBS door game days, and nothing has changed since - except the graphics are prettier.

*edit: added* as far as the leg glance stuff, I don't think I've ever hit one. I've hit many of those "flick off the hips" that there's plenty of power in, normally. Those go in the air (as the shot tends to do in life) for quite some way.

OT: I forgot to copy and paste the template. Let's see if I can remember

Mode: Career
Ground: Unsure
Teams: Sussex vs Surrey
Over Count: didn't check, match finished in a draw at 4:15 on the 4th day (again) as a draw after 360 overs

Issue report: The opposition had deep fine leg, deep backward square, deep square and short backward square. It looked like 4 men behind square on the leg side to me - made it quite difficult to score with the short leg side bowling I was getting.

I ended up holing out straight, to a deep extra cover who ran a very long way to catch me (because I finally had to hit a short ball with a straight bat).

Last edited:
Just played my first ODI series. During and after the series my ODI selection status was/is "expecting selection". Bug?

Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Random
Ground: Delhi Park, etc
Teams: Rajasthan Royals
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:
This happens in T20 when bowling. Bowler takes wicket. When skipping cut scenes it gives a black screen. Have to quit to dashboard and lose any progress. Same thing happened in like 7-8 T20 matches. Probably it can't skip to the next cut scene and just throws a black screen. Only option after that is to hold the PS button and quit the game to dashboard

Mode: career
Match type: first class
Over count: 16.4 first innings
Ground: the English one that looks a bit like the oval.
Teams: Surrey vs somerset
Get best: no
Issue: de bruyn bowling first ball to me. I slog, miss and am bowled. No no-ball. Not out. I go to next ball (out caught in deep anyway).

Biggest bug I've had so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
the run outs driving me mad, i have dived had all my body and bat in the air, virtually my whole body is over the line yet im out as no part of my being is touching the ground
and every single time the stumps get it, even aiming for one stump

Fielder moved through my person to take a catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Match Type: FCC
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0
Ground: Unsure
Teams: Sussex vs Somerset
Description of Issue: Weather report at the start of play said it was going to be 255 degrees celcius in the afternoon, evening and at midnight. This was coupled with 250 km/hr winds.

So for today's cricket match, we're actually playing on Venus.

Mode: Academy
Match Type: N/A
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: N/A
Teams: New Zealand (All Time Best)
Description of Issue: Not a gameplay issue per se, but there is a problem with the way get best works (in that the "best" may not be the best). I got best - and the all time New Zealand roster features (just the first two):

N Astle, at 191cm, and S Bond at 176 cm.

Nathan Astle will be astonished to find out he's well over 6 foot tall, and Shane Bond may find generating significant pace and bounce a little difficult having lost 10cm of height.

I'm assuming that the rest of the Get Best I got has similar issues - and the real issue I'd like to raise is how difficult it appears to be to fix this kind of stuff (having to do each team manually, and hoping that the latest get best isn't broken in similar ways).

Some way of re-doing a get best, to replace everything at once, would be useful

Some way of re-doing a get best, to replace everything at once, would be useful
In the main menu - go to the Options menu and choose the 'Reset Academy' option, just to clear all the old teams out, and then go to the Don Bradman Academy menu, select 'Teams' and pick 'Replace All Teams'.

In the main menu - go to the Options menu and choose the 'Reset Academy' option, just to clear all the old teams out, and then go to the Don Bradman Academy menu, select 'Teams' and pick 'Replace All Teams'.

Can't you do "Replace All Teams" straight away rather than resetting the teams to the base ones first?

Can't you do "Replace All Teams" straight away rather than resetting the teams to the base ones first?
You can, but I'm imagining that perhaps it might leave you with a huge amount of free-agents or something like that - best to start fresh if you're going to use replace all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread