Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can, but I'm imagining that perhaps it might leave you with a huge amount of free-agents or something like that - best to start fresh if you're going to use replace all.

How can you know you have free agents and where can you view them? I did "Replace All Teams" 3-4 times and want to make sure I didn't create multiple copies of the same players.

How can you know you have free agents and where can you view them? I did "Replace All Teams" 3-4 times and want to make sure I didn't create multiple copies of the same players.
In the players option of the Academy, you get a long list of every player - just go look at some random points in that list and see if you're getting duplicates.

Is it too late to still be posting issues for Patch 2? How short are your sprints, BAS?

And this one may have already been mentioned, but just in case:

Mode: Career
Match Type: All (especially noticable in FCC)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Varies
Ground: All
Teams: Any
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Bowler fatigue starts at zero when my batsman comes in, irrespective of how many overs the bowler has done prior to me hitting the crease. Similarly, partner confidence starts at zero (even if he's already scored 100 before I get there)

I realise the fatigue is being adjusted because it climbs too fast, and doesn't recover properly through breaks - but once this is adjusted it would be nice to actually get the benefit of coming out _after_ the bowling attack has had it's edge blunted, and for there to be a reason to let the in-form batsman take the bulk of the strike until I've played myself in.

I am having trouble with playig cover drive in the initial stages of my innings (sometimes in later stages as well). I push the foot placement straight or towards off side. but the batsman is placing the foot outside the leg stump and plays the shot towards mid off. Sometimes I held the LAS still in the same direction to see whether my foot placement is wrong but that is not the case. Is this is a bug or it is due to the batsman's confidence level.

It sounds like you are playing down the wrong line. When you say you push your foot placement towards off do you mean left or right on analogue? I find more success playing through cover by holding analogue stick diagonally up towards pitch of the ball. The only time I have the issue you're describing is when I try and jam a bull on middle or middle and leg out that way

Checked the downloaded players and I didn't see duplicates coz of using "Replace All Teams" option multiple times. However, I did see some duplicate players but that was due to the fact that multiple teams had the same player (e.g., Varun Aaron in India and an IPL Team) and they weren't linked to the same player. That's the drawback of downloading multiple teams created by different creators.

This problem is occurring on a regular basis since patch update- game makes it to the start screen but when I press start my ps3 switches itself off. Upon restart it tells me something about not being shut down properly. Usually it starts up (after restoring and checking files) and I havent lost anything but two days ago it reset my profile to 0, asked if I wanted to "get best" teams and got rid of my career player. I manually deleted my existing profile and any saved data, hoping that I may have corrupted something while switching off. Downloaded patch again, reloaded best teams, started a new career but next time I tried it the same thing happened- when it tries to load the profile something goes wrong. I literally have to load the game twice everytime just to play. Hopefully this issue (whatever it is) will be fixed in the next patch.

Mode: Competition
Match Type: 50 overs
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Roughly between 20-30
Ground: Bradman Oval
Teams: Custom made teams
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: Given out caught behind off a free hit :noway Really, really annoying as I was in the middle of rebuilding an innings...I'm just wondering if being caught behind by the Wicket Keeper is causing this as when I get caught by an out fielder off a free hit everything is ok.

Bowling speeds veteran difficulty

Hi guys, just hoping you can help.
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but recently switched from Pro to Veteran difficulty and realised I can't bowl the normal speeds that the bowlers bowl.
Malinga is bowling 100km and I believe I'm doing the same with the right trigger as I was whilst playing on pro, althought I can't see due to the HUD not being present.
Malinga bowls 110km once in a while and I'm not sure what's changed?
This goes for all medium/fast-medium/fast bowlers, all bowling well below what they should be, I reckon I bowled 1 ball at 140+ with Mitchell Johnson but nothing other than that, I find batting easy but this is wrecking the game for me, please help!
Thanks

Hi guys, just hoping you can help.
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but recently switched from Pro to Veteran difficulty and realised I can't bowl the normal speeds that the bowlers bowl.
Malinga is bowling 100km and I believe I'm doing the same with the right trigger as I was whilst playing on pro, althought I can't see due to the HUD not being present.
Malinga bowls 110km once in a while and I'm not sure what's changed?
This goes for all medium/fast-medium/fast bowlers, all bowling well below what they should be, I reckon I bowled 1 ball at 140+ with Mitchell Johnson but nothing other than that, I find batting easy but this is wrecking the game for me, please help!
Thanks

Id say its all completely in the timing of your input on the right stick. Of course your speed will be compromised if your timing is out. I've found that its quite a reasonable learning curve getting the timing down without the bowling indicator - its not too hard.

If anything, bowling with the bowling assist is far too easy.

In patch #2 when the bowling stamina gets fixed, then I reckon we will have an even more realistic representation of bowling speeds.

Hi Ross,

Match Type: One Day
Over Count: Mid 40's
Ground: Not Sure
Teams: Queensland v Tasmania
Get Best: I don't know?!
Description of Issue:

After running out Tasmanian batsman (9/140-something) screen cut straight to black; audio (crowd) was still there, but nothing on screen unless I pressed the xbox button. I could only go back to Xbox home, and it didn't save and lost my hat trick!

Apart from this, really enjoying the game, thanks for all your hard work.

Sully

Match Type: One Day
Over Count: Mid 30's
Ground: Can't recall
Teams: SA Redbacks v Western Warriors
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: After a Hat-trick the screen went black and I was left with crowd noise. I waited for 15-20 minutes pressed every button that I could imagine but I was only able to quit the game from PS menu. Happened to me twice in the same game.

I posted a comment earlier about umpires giving decisions in the game. Here is one example of that.

People may say that umpires decisions can be wrong. I ask you guys one questions. While you are batting in DBC 14. You will be given out caught behind without any vibration in the controller and when you review it, you will see that the ball would have touched the bat only like a thread line. When umpires can see such a small and minute nick, why can't they see such a thick edge like one in the video. This did not happened once for me but several times. I got frustrated today and wanted to bring to the forum's attention.

PS: This happened in the FC test match so i could not go for a review.
@Ross I am uploading this video at 4:00 am in the morning. so you can imagine how much we love this game. But these issues makes me frustrated. Kindly check these out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread