Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it goes flat as a bullet..it is perfectly timed..
point is it should not go this flat and fast, its a leg glance..

Yeah that mostly happens when the spinner bowls full on the leg stumps and you time it really well...Try playing late or very late....

i'm in my 3rd season now and playing with mumbai indians..

batting is lot more easy now... but it gets repetitive..
you either put all balls on the leg side for singles.. and then the opposition takes fielders away from the off side.. and then you just hit 4's and 6's on offside..

i dont think there is issue with tough field setting done by ai where there are difficult gaps and boundaries are protected..
but there is definitely need of a shot which will go for single..

maybe in the next version, they can use RIGHT STICK HALF PULL as that button, i.e when you pull the R stick only half and the ball will be hit at normal speed like you would hit it if you have to take a single and the risk factor should be less, it should be kep on the ground unless its a wrong choice of shot ...and full pull will be your normal shots i.e basic shots..

only then the game will have that feel and intensity ..
right now its better than any game anyways..:thumbs

hope it keeps on improving...

BTW batting gets better when you get 19-20 yrs old..:cheers

Last edited:
Mode: Casual
Match Type:Five5
Ground: Dunno
Teams: NEDERLAND v Ireland
Description: See image attached.

Attachments

• 2014-05-14 19.31.38.jpg
    2014-05-14 19.31.38.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 32
Just had an awesome match..
i'm in MI, mumbai indians were chasing RR's 192...
i came in at 48/2 and made 79 of 40 45 deliveries ..got out when the score was 175 odd.. and we lost by 2 runs :(..what a match..:cheers

the unorthodox shots are so much fun to play at the right time..

Please do something about the test fielding issue in T20:(..
my opponent batsman has 6 players around him and i get defensive field..LOL...

and why the teams keep giving the ball to batsmen ??..
in MI rohit sharma anderson bowls..i hardly see bowlers bowling lol..

Last edited:
Mode: Offline

I had worked my ass off in making players. I was almost there. But when I restarted my Xbox, it all vanished. But the profile is saved on storage. Any idea how to retrieve my players or how to load that saved profile? Plz reply

if i change appearance of players in rosters..
will it have an effect on them in the career mode..

Mode: Offline

I had worked my ass off in making players. I was almost there. But when I restarted my Xbox, it all vanished. But the profile is saved on storage. Any idea how to retrieve my players or how to load that saved profile? Plz reply

Have you figured out something? Plz reply

11 minutes between the posts? Really??

Just had an awesome match..
i'm in MI, mumbai indians were chasing RR's 192...
i came in at 48/2 and made 79 of 40 45 deliveries ..got out when the score was 175 odd.. and we lost by 2 runs :(..what a match..:cheers

the unorthodox shots are so much fun to play at the right time..

Please do something about the test fielding issue in T20:(..
my opponent batsman has 6 players around him and i get defensive field..LOL...

and why the teams keep giving the ball to batsmen ??..
in MI rohit sharma anderson bowls..i hardly see bowlers bowling lol..

Hey mate, did the AI make 192 or did you simulate it to get these scores?

Ive got back to playing the game without the first patch. The field settings by the AI seem much more balanced - well at least you don't get the obscure fields where there are all fielders on the leg side, or massive gaps in front of the wicket. Makes for a better challenge batting.

You don't always get caught. I play that shot the whole time and very rarely get caught. The problem is your timing/footwork or both.

Disagree. The main issue is the physics. In real cricket poor timing and footwork when playing a leg glance I don't think would typically result in the ball rocketing head high to a fielder on the square leg boundary, especially off a spinner where you need batspeed to generate pace on the ball off the bat, rather than using the pace of the ball itself.

Perhaps if this stroke was implemented more realistically we would have more bat pad catches to create an even more authentic experience. Often in the real game the ball can bobble up off the gloves/pads/leading edge from attempts to work the ball away on the leg side. Instead in the game we have over powered shots with the ball seemingly exploding off the bat like a bullet from a gun.

The back of the case says there are bat-patches in the game. I'm yet to see one to be honest.

Last edited:
Look Blinder , its a well known fact that the Leg Glance is too powerfull a shot in DBC.

If you play online , you will see all the guys just tries to play this shot as it flies off the bat. Ending up in everyone packing that area of the field , and trying their arse of to bowl just outside of , too scared to stray onto the wickets or you will get whipped by the mighty leg glance.

I get it that from a fast bowler that shot normally rockets due to the pace in the ball , but the medium and spin bowling should not even remotely generate that ball speed. I guess in the game , if you "time" this shot well , it rockets at the same speed from the bat irrespective of the bowlers speed.

If only they could have made the timing window this big when trying to negotiate the longhops at 88Km/h . Would really be pleasing if I could in fact punish players bowling this shit rather than getting out bowled/lbw .

The back of the case says there are bat-patches in the game. I'm yet to see one to be honest.

Yep been playing for 5 weeks and not remotely come close too seeing a bat pad

I think leg side shots are generally overpowered . No matter how I time it ball often travels at bullet speed at various heights

Wonder how much shots can be modded in the PC version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread