Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the one ball then save method of getting round the Xbox saving crash and just tried the idea about letting the game go into demo mode mentioned a few posts back. Works for me too - load game....wait till it goes into demo...resume career....save after one ball and it actually saves instead of crashing.

Top tip thanks ! Quicker way of getting round the problem.

Unable to proceed in career mode as the game freezes every time I open saved match
What should I do so that I don't have to lose the career progress.
Please help
I play on ps3

I've been using the one ball then save method of getting round the Xbox saving crash and just tried the idea about letting the game go into demo mode mentioned a few posts back. Works for me too - load game....wait till it goes into demo...resume career....save after one ball and it actually saves instead of crashing.

Top tip thanks ! Quicker way of getting round the problem.
How long did you let the demonstration go on for? Just trying this now...praying I don't get to 50 again and it crashes :(

UPDATE: To be honest I had very low hopes for this fix but oddly it might have worked. I've got up to 55 not out and attempted a save. Low and behold it actually worked. Hopefully it stays this way and I can finish this match finally!

UPDATE2: Made 87 in the end and the game saved fine at the end of the match. Well done to the guy that found that out.

Last edited:
How long did you let the demonstration go on for? Just trying this now...praying I don't get to 50 again and it crashes :(

UPDATE: To be honest I had very low hopes for this fix but oddly it might have worked. I've got up to 55 not out and attempted a save. Low and behold it actually worked. Hopefully it stays this way and I can finish this match finally!

UPDATE2: Made 87 in the end and the game saved fine at the end of the match. Well done to the guy that found that out.

Do I win a prize? Don't care! I get to play cricket!!!!!!!!

Virtually of course :)

This has probably been mentioned already but i'm not keen on looking at over 100 pages of posting.

Sometimes when the ball get hit into the outfield and is going towards an area where a fielder is near a boundary they very slowly walk to the ball and eventually field it.

It's not bad when i'm batting as it gets me an extra run every time. When the computer bats they don't seem to notice this and only get a single from it but I still have to await for the sluggish fielder to get the ball and move onto the next play.

but i'm not keen on looking at over 100 pages of posting

Wuss...

...but yeah, that slow-fielder-run thing has been noted, it's happening less and less on the PC version, so think they've almost got it sorted. It's got something to do with what you see happening on screen and where the computer thinks the ball is at. I'm guessing it's slowing down the fielder to catch up with the animations or something. Certainly happens more on consoles, but I haven't seen it much on PC lately.

"We still haven't had the crash on newer boxes ourselves, we have purchased older boxes to make it happen. The only thing that relates new to old in your case is the swap, I have to think they didn't use any of the old components in the new system but maybe the HDD?

Sadly we are still trying to resolve the issue. Every test is a long process as we cannot natively run code on a retail box."

Thanks Ross. I appreciate the extensive efforts you are making to resolve the issue. The console is definitely a 2013 version. I have just removed the 120GB HDD to try and decipher if it is the original 2009 HDD or not and I must confess I cannot tell. I'd appreciate some advice here if anyone has any. If it helps, the part number printed on it is X812647-001.

I have also been using the method as suggested earlier of saving after one ball (in career mode) when first turned on, allowing it to crash, switching off at the console then restarting and it saves so far without a problem (famous last words?!). Obviously this isn't ideal but if it allows me to play the game then that'll do for now.

*UPDATE* Just read the last page of the forum - I'll test CaptainScouser's tip later. Fingers crossed it works here too.

Last edited:
I posted earlier ( few weeks back )
Old Xbox 60gb HDD

Save Game crash etc.
Starting the game and saving after one ball and crash works fine for me but I have found another way. ( by accident I might add )
I started up DB and left it as I got a phone call. Went back and the demonstration was running at the start. Normally never let it get that far of course. Went into career mode and did one ball saved and it DIDNT crash. Thought hang on a sec. So played ball by ball ( saved after each ball ) for a couple of overs and worked fine.
Past 10 days I have just been letting the game start up and letting the demo load then started the game as normal. Don't even have to bother checking to see if it will crash now as no crash for 10 days and well I play every night when Wife has gone to bed.

Don't know if that helps at all to people.
I used this technique today and worked managed to get a couple of games in with no crash.

Yep, there's some sort of caching going on for sure, not the "normal" type either, something to do with profiles.

I also tried the delayed start, allowing the demo to kick in then playing and this worked for me also. Thanks again to CaptainScouser! Just hope it continues.

So annoyed that someone called "CaptainScouser" has a good fix. He'd better not be a Kopite ;) Btw it worked for me

Anyone else find that the players just sit in one spot after getting a batsman caught behind and you are forced to quit? Any way around this apart from saving often?

Anyone else find that the players just sit in one spot after getting a batsman caught behind and you are forced to quit? Any way around this apart from saving often?
Appeal later, once the keeper has already caught the ball

Anyone else experiencing slowdowns, lag and freezing online? I don't mean connection related, the worst seems to be just before the bowler releases the ball. On a ps3 by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread