Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Pro Cam "Sneak Peek"

Excellent cam view. Looks like its goin to take a long time to master batting!! One query, am I the only person that thought the ball didn't hit the bat but the pads and that's why the sound wasn't woody and the ball didn't travel far? Bowler didn't appeal because the ball wasn't hitting the stumps? Maybe I'm wrong but that was my perception! Have to say having never faced a 90+mph bowler I don't kno what the sound should be like though!!!! Keep it comin guys looking forward to this big time!!

Excellent cam view. Looks like its goin to take a long time to master batting!! One query, am I the only person that thought the ball didn't hit the bat but the pads and that's why the sound wasn't woody and the ball didn't travel far? Bowler didn't appeal because the ball wasn't hitting the stumps? Maybe I'm wrong but that was my perception! Have to say having never faced a 90+mph bowler I don't kno what the sound should be like though!!!! Keep it comin guys looking forward to this big time!!

I did think that the ball *may* have hit the pads but the sound generated when the ball makes contact definitely does not sound anything like that of a ball hitting pad.

You cannot do first person bowling - it's not a technical issue - it's an issue with throwing up do to the camera movement!

Hahaha! No doubt I was so curious about that. Btw, is it possible in the wicket-keeper mode? I guess, that'll be a nice touch.

I don't think ill be using this camera angle, still like the broadcast or non first person camera angles....never know though after a bit of practice it might become the preferred choice!

I don't think ill be using this camera angle, still like the broadcast or non first person camera angles....never know though after a bit of practice it might become the preferred choice!

I guess we'll have to try it out. After all, there's a big difference between watching and playing. Some players will have their own personal preference, so it's good there's a plenty of options. ;)

The grill looks like it's drawn in MS Paint. It looks atrocious and blocky. The crowd looks bad too. When the hands came out for the shot, it felt very fidgety. The motion wasn't smooth. I really hope the gameplay will make up for these flaws or that there's better graphics settings.

I know I sound cynical, and I understand I should be happy that there's a cricket game coming out because there's never any cricket games, but I have certain quality standards now. Technology and gaming have come a long way. These graphics are subpar for 2013, possibly even sub-par for standards set 5 years ago. The implementation is horrible because grills aren't that visible when you're looking through a first person view. They don't take up half of your vision. Neither does the cap part of the grill. I'm not impressed at all. :(

I hope they work on this view. It can be really cool if it's implemented correctly. This would be an awesome 'clutch' view. Like if the game goes into this view if you are in a clutch situation - 3 runs needed off 1 ball or 4 needed off the last ball or 1 run needed for a century for the batsman or something. This view would come on and you'd hear a heartbeat in the background going 'lub dub lub dub' and the crowd being completely silent during the delivery. And the delivery being in slow motion so normal muscle memory for timing the shot right are thrown out of the equation. It would certainly make me nervous when playing the possibly winning shot.

Last edited:
The grill looks like it's drawn in MS Paint. It looks atrocious and blocky. The crowd looks bad too. When the hands came out for the shot, it felt very fidgety. The motion wasn't smooth.

In your opinion maybe, but I dont agree with 'anything' you said above. It looked absolutely fine to me!

It would be fair to say that we can improve the graphical quality of whatever we produce, and we hope too, of course.

For the budget we have to work with I am more than happy with what the team has come up with thus far.

The grill looks like it's drawn in MS Paint

No it doesn't. It looks like a computer rendered three dimensional image of a grill.

But, you get a pass mark for your avatar.

The grill looks like it's drawn in MS Paint. It looks atrocious and blocky. The crowd looks bad too. When the hands came out for the shot, it felt very fidgety. The motion wasn't smooth. I really hope the gameplay will make up for these flaws or that there's better graphics settings.

I know I sound cynical, and I understand I should be happy that there's a cricket game coming out because there's never any cricket games, but I have certain quality standards now. Technology and gaming have come a long way. These graphics are subpar for 2013, possibly even sub-par for standards set 5 years ago. The implementation is horrible because grills aren't that visible when you're looking through a first person view. They don't take up half of your vision. Neither does the cap part of the grill. I'm not impressed at all. :(

I hope they work on this view. It can be really cool if it's implemented correctly. This would be an awesome 'clutch' view. Like if the game goes into this view if you are in a clutch situation - 3 runs needed off 1 ball or 4 needed off the last ball or 1 run needed for a century for the batsman or something. This view would come on and you'd hear a heartbeat in the background going 'lub dub lub dub' and the crowd being completely silent during the delivery. And the delivery being in slow motion so normal muscle memory for timing the shot right are thrown out of the equation. It would certainly make me nervous when playing the possibly winning shot.

Hey don't look AC13 screenshots and post in DBC 14 forum....:lol:lol

It's not possible to please everyone. There is a wonderful saying about this in my local language :)

One question, will there be a similar view only from outside the helmet?

It's not possible to please everyone. There is a wonderful saying about this in my local language :)

One question, will there be a similar view only from outside the helmet?

Yes, there is an out of helmet (brim) view.

As I always say, gameplay is far superior to graphics. Minor things won't be noticeable if we're engaged in the tension of a match situation.

...or engaged in staring at the cheerleaders...

Users who are viewing this thread