Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Yeah, in fifa too player is held by user input but it still has natural body movements when not given any command. Batting will look more fluid if batsman plays the shot when in motion not all of a sudden. Tapping the bat and looking down while facing would be great.

No Way!!!! Even in Fifa when you select a player (i.e. when you are actually in control of the player and its no longer being controlled by AI) and do not give any input, the player just stands there and does not look any more natural than the batsman in this case.

Also, do keep in mind that these videos are all at easy level and thus the footwork is not being controlled by the user, thus the 'sudden' animation comes into the picture. Once you start playing on the harder levels, it would look more natural as you would be trying to get to the pitch of the ball (even pre-empting your footwork at times) much before the ball reaches you and thus getting into position much more smoothly.

Finally, the batsman holding his pose after the shot is, to me, one of the best things to happen to this game. It gives you complete control over what you wanna do, whether you wanna hold your pose and admire the shot you just played or call for a run.

Yeah, if shots are played gracefully it would look good, but will tapping the bat and looking on the pitch do any harm?

@angad It looks good in two player games too - "I hit that so sweetly I am just going to stand here and you can admire me as we watch it go to the boundary...i'm not even going to pretend I need to run"

Will tapping the bat and looking on the pitch do any harm?

If you mean tapping the bat as the bowler comes into bowl, then I feel it might screw up your vision when playing with the Pro-Cam. When the bowler is running in to bowl, I would definitely want to remain focused on the bowler when playing with that cam. So, unless tapping the ground is allowed to be controlled manually, I think its fine the way it is at the moment. The batsman does tap the ground before the bowler has started his runup, so its not like that animation is not in the game. I believe BigAnt disallowed that animation after the bowler starts his runup on purpose and I can see why.

----------

@angad It looks good in two player games too - "I hit that so sweetly I am just going to stand here and you can admire me as we watch it go to the boundary...i'm not even going to pretend I need to run"

Ross....thats 'exactly' what I pictured too :p!! Specially if there is a 2v2 co-op, it would be awesome to play a shot and stand there to admire it while your partner calls for a run :yes

Yeah, if shots are played gracefully it would look good, but will tapping the bat and looking on the pitch do any harm?

There was one video where the batsman tapped a couple of times while looking down, looked up, tapped a couple more times. I think this was when the AI was batting and a player was bowling.. but not 100% sure.

Ross....thats 'exactly' what I pictured too :p!! Specially if there is a 2v2 co-op, it would be awesome to play a shot and stand there to admire it while your partner calls for a run :yes

Could happen with 2vsComp too, if there is such a mode available. Each player gets to control one of the batsmen inside the field and while bowling they bowl alternatively while the other fields.
Can be like a partnership mode.

Ok, looking down will conflict with the pro cam view.

Yeh. Maybe later they can add a button to manually tap the bat (maybe assign it to RAS and have it activated till before the delivery is bowled), as personally I do feel that tapping the bat does add a lot to the atmosphere. Nothing like seeing Shoaib Akhtar running in to bowl fast while yuvaraj singh tapping his bat in an aggressive manner telling the bowler 'Game On' :cheers

If you dont believe me...check out the opening delivery in this video :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ross, can you please answer the following questions:

1. Will there be 2v2 co-op?
2. Seeing that 20-min twistie video, I see most of the deliveries bowled by the fast bowlers were around 106-107 kmph. Does that mean AI will normally bowl at such low speeds in easy difficulty level?

2. Seeing that 20-min twistie video, I see most of the deliveries bowled by the fast bowlers were around 106-107 kmph. Does that mean AI will normally bowl at such low speeds in easy difficulty level?

Easily answered by watching the videos posted by MattW. Bowlers bowling deliveries at 160+kmph are shown there and that too on easy levels!!

----------

There was one video where the batsman tapped a couple of times while looking down, looked up, tapped a couple more times. I think this was when the AI was batting and a player was bowling.. but not 100% sure.

Nah...no such video exists!

Yeah angy, these things are important. Like the option of zooming and moving head is there in pro cam view so tapping and looking down (without controls) should be there in broadcast view.

Yeah angy, these things are important. Like the option of zooming and moving head is there in pro cam view so tapping and looking down (without controls) should be there in broadcast view.

What impact does tapping the bat on the ground have on gameplay? Moving the head in pro cam is so you can actually see the fielders.

Just looks more natural, like slip fielders stand with bent knees, close fielders take a start in the ring, silly point claps and cheers the bowler and team. Also i think as long as we hold the ras after playing the shot the batsman should hold his pose and return to basic position after releasing ras as standing and admiring the shot will be good after playing perfect shots and not everytime.

Last edited:
Also i think as long as we hold the ras after playing the shot the batsman should hold his pose and return to basic position after releasing ras as standing and admiring the shot will be good after playing perfect shots and not everytime.

The batsman leaves that pose as soon as you press the 'reject run' button. I think it works fine as it is. When you play a shot, you would either run, stay and admire your shot or return back to crease (or send non-striker back to his crease) based on where the ball went, so that pose breaks down naturally when you either run or reject a run.

Users who are viewing this thread