Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

man after watching that twistie clip, and after experiencing the game last thursday, man this thing is READY TO GO!!

Man I can not wait to get this thing in my hands

I gotta say though, i reckon batting in pro mode camera is bloody hard, it doesnt look like you watch the ball onto the bat, I reckon i will be using the Far batsman camera angle for my career, as long as thats an option??

I gotta say though, i reckon batting in pro mode camera is bloody hard, it doesnt look like you watch the ball onto the bat, I reckon i will be using the Far batsman camera angle for my career, as long as thats an option??

I agree with that. The pro mode camera would be best suited once we have the oculus rift, when we can move the display by moving the head.

And the far batsman camera is the easiest to play in my opinion. When I get back to playing cricket after a few weeks break, I usually go to the back of the nets and try to shadow practice from there before going into the nets. It almost always helps you pick the length rightly and hence increases the confidence.
I can see that happen in the game too. As it helps you judge faster, the input lag vs reaction time in real life debate can be put to rest.
That's what I have felt from my time behind the nets though.

My only concern is the frequency of no balls.

This has been a big problem with the majority of cricket games, with spin bowlers it was especially infuriating. I think that once you have got the grasp of this system no balls will not be as much of a concern unless you are really attempting to plant the front foot a forward as possible

This has been a big problem with the majority of cricket games, with spin bowlers it was especially infuriating. I think that once you have got the grasp of this system no balls will not be as much of a concern unless you are really attempting to plant the front foot a forward as possible

He was talking about the AI.

man after watching that twistie clip, and after experiencing the game last thursday, man this thing is READY TO GO!!

Man I can not wait to get this thing in my hands

Madman did you upload some of the videos you mentioned? :thumbs

The batsman can ge given more life like features by giving him some natural movements while facing and in his follow through.

He was talking about the AI.

Cheers, yeah have just picked up on that, again it has been a problem, the twisties video says it's not the final build so I hope it's something that can be fixed or has already been rectified.

Obviously in real life pace bowlers do have off days or no ball when attempting an effort ball and I guess this would be difficult to recreate, no balls for spinners and medium pacers should just not be there at all in my opinion

Yeah, in fifa too player is held by user input but it still has natural body movements when not given any command. Batting will look more fluid if batsman plays the shot when in motion not all of a sudden. Tapping the bat and looking down while facing would be great.

Last edited:
Good to know that Twistie actually responded to the tweet by me and replied saying he will upload :yes:thumbs:thumbs

Last edited:
You never know, sometimes bowlers just have 'one of those days' in real life. Perhaps it's a reflection here. Or a difficulty level thing...

Saw a vid on you tube of one of the most horrible opening overs.. NZ vs Aus in a one day. NZ bowler bowled about 6 no balls and 4 wides in the first over.

Just got an email from BT Games South Africa that AC 2013 has been pushed back to 2014 by the publishers.......Aint that something;)

Users who are viewing this thread