Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Yeah i accidently ducked a shortish ball which almost killed me, cant remember how i did it, i think i panic'ed and try to put the ball out of the park and ended up ducking into it almost!!

Sweeeeet. That's what i will be aiming for. The heads..preferably the bobble heads...bigger targets.

I dont remember whether we have to appeal for every dismissal. But if we did then it would lead to some awesome situations. Imagine playing with your friend and you nick a ball. Its a very fine nick with no visible change in trajectory. You got it by the faint vibration in your controller. Your friend somehow missed the faint sound of the edge and decided not to appeal. When the 1o second BARS window has passed, you'd admit the nick with a grin and your friend would rush back to instant replay and check the hotspot. The expression on his face and the satisfaction you'd get would be priceless ;)

Quick questions Ross -

1) is the above scenario even possible?

As in can we use the BARS tools (Hot spot, snicko etc) to look back at a decision that wasn't reviewed? I thought they were only available once a review was aked for.

It would be great to see the replay of a dismissal you shouldn't have had because the opponent didn't review and also great (in a frustrating way) to see that you should've reviewed the LBW against you because the ball was just missing leg stump.

2) Is there any impact on your career player if you Shane Watson it and ask for the review every time you get dismissed?

Thanks

As in can we use the BARS tools (Hot spot, snicko etc) to look back at a decision that wasn't reviewed? I thought they were only available once a review was aked for.

Thanks

I think in one of the videos, or maybe on the forum, Mikey or Ross confirmed that hotspot and snicko wasn't available on demand, but will probably be shown for incidents such as this scenario (as seen in MattW's career mode video) or if it hits the middle of the bat for four, as well as being shown for reviews.

2) Is there any impact on your career player if you Shane Watson it and ask for the review every time you get dismissed?

Taking that question seriously, such incidents would occur when the player has special traits assigned to them. Just like in FIFA for the past three iterations I suppose.
This one would be a BIG feature in one the following iterations for DBC. I hope so.

This is the full 20 min of db cricket from twistie

Don Bradman Cricket 14: Full Play Session - YouTube

Very interesting video. We saw lots of camera options, including a broadcast camera, although I won't be using it. You can apparently turn off the ball trail and other HUD options, for an extra challenge or for those disliking the "comet". I love the different options for big wheel, big pitch and big lines. And this is only the things in the menu. Even if the gameplay isn't great, which I think is, I would stay love this game. My only concern is the frequency of no balls.

Great 20 min there but the no balls do worry me as ic2010 also had this problem. First day patch I hope.:spy

No balls is a worry for most men. And a patch covers things up but doesn't solve the problem.....

By saying NOT final version in the description, did he mean it was the older build or the retail build without the day one patch?

No balls is a worry for most men. And a patch covers things up but doesn't solve the problem.....

lol

Have not seen the vid being referenced, I don't think (damn youtube blocker at work), but what exactly are we talking about? No balls due to overstepping the mark due to poor timing of the 'trigger'?

Love the way how the players are dynamic. Except while you are holding your pose after the shot as a batsman, everyone is moving. Even the non striker waiting for your call. But the best ought to be the silly point or short leg.

The batsman is waiting for user input.

I agree with the no-ball concerns. However, it's hard to say if this is just something of an oddity or an actual bug until we play it.
You never know, sometimes bowlers just have 'one of those days' in real life. Perhaps it's a reflection here. Or a difficulty level thing...

It's really hard to make any kind of judgement based on a few overs.

Ross would be able to shed more light I imagine. (obviously)

Users who are viewing this thread