Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

When can I get my hands on the Don Bradman Cricket 14 cartridge?

Sorry Snowy only DVDS this time, still the wait is killing me today. I think it's time for some excise to tire myself out. Going for a run and with every ache in my body I will blame Ross.;)

Man....I wish more people put up their playsession vids on youtube :(!!

Hmm obviously the law of conservation of energy doesnt apply - the ball comes off that bat faster than it's bowled!

Last edited by a moderator:
When's the world premiere of Don Bradman Cricket 16?

Dunno bout 16 but DB17 should release to coincide with the ashes series in UK that year!! Be good to have a play session in the UK, and meet up with some of the big ant team!! Maybe by then we'll be able to put ourselves in the game using motion capture instead of badly created replicas of ourselves in CA!!!

Hmm obviously the law of conservation of energy doesnt apply - the ball comes off that bat faster than it's bowled!

Yeah I can't understand what happened in that video. Was it an edge or off the face? It certainly does come off very fast.

Don't buy it then

C'mon Snowy, not all trolls need to be fed... his post was as good as his previous "no software has a public showing with issues" post... because that never happens :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you ever watched a cricket match or been in a physics class? The speed of the bat and the timing of the shot make the ball come off the bat faster than it has been bowled.

Yeah I can't understand what happened in that video. Was it an edge or off the face? It certainly does come off very fast.

Whatever it was, there is nothing unusual about it, you can have a batsman hit the ball faster off a quick bowler and we have a spinner here.

Have you ever watched a cricket match or been in a physics class? The speed of the bat and the timing of the shot make the ball come off the bat faster than it has been bowled.

Haha, yeah I have!:thumbs

The shot was very fine, and came off the bat rather than the bat putting any force behind the ball. Physics says the bat would take some speed off the ball (energy converted into heat - thats why you get hotspot), not speed it up you would think.

[Enter Ross excuse/bigot remark here]

Your argument would be valid if the batsman had let the ball run off his bat however you can clearly see him swing his bat, he just connects late so he can control the ball down to third man.

the ball comes off that bat faster than it's bowled!

If that surprises you so much you haven really watched much cricket!!! :cheers

----------

Physics says the bat would take some speed off the ball (energy converted into heat - thats why you get hotspot), not speed it up you would think.

Go back to school dude....someone didnt teach you enough it seems. What you are saying might be true if the bat remained in a 'still' position, however, unfortunately for you, in cricket the bat moves and thus the speed of the ball off the bat is not totally dependent on the speed the ball was bowled at.

When's the world premiere of Don Bradman Cricket 16?

Wondering, if they got the World Cup license for 2015, would they still keep Sir Don Bradman's name? Or probably just say World Cup edition below DBC 15? I doubt it would be 16.

----------

You must have had a hard time learning physics. The ball is not the only object there. Its not present in a vacuum chamber, genius.

Yes, physics 101, sixes happen because of "magic" as you correctly point out the top speed of the ball off the bat can be no higher than the delivery speed given by the bowler... what I don't get is why people don't bowl a lot slower so as to restrict the boundaries.

Thanks Dr Pomers, I am forever in you debt :facepalm

----------

Can someone explain to me using Dr Pomers methods how Golf works?

Yes, physics 101, sixes happen because of "magic" as you correctly point out the top speed of the ball off the bat can be no higher than the delivery speed given by the bowler... what I don't get is why people don't bowl a lot slower so as to restrict the boundaries.

Thanks Dr Pomers, I am forever in you debt :facepalm

----------

Can someone explain to me using Dr Pomers methods how Golf works?
You might think the ball is still but its not, its being chucked at you and u hit it :$

Users who are viewing this thread