Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I vote Snowy for mod... just throwing it out there, he deserves a shot at Dutch's toaster. Either that or get Ross moderating posts ;)

I don't need mod rights, the trolls here last at most just a few rounds before they punch themselves in the head by saying something really stupid.

Lets get ready to rumble!...

----------

I dare say that in all science the physics are approximate to some degree :thumbs

Ah nope, that's why we are so good at predicting natural disasters and definitively know that Global Warming is or isn't real....

Hi Ross, i saw some video, not sure i remember if it was the broadcast camera but at the end of the delivery when the batsman is about to play a shot the camera zooms in a bit uncomfortably. Is that definitely the broadcast cam?

Without knowing which video you saw that's pretty hard to answer.

Ah found it, here it is. yer it definitely is broadcast cam. At around the 2:41 mark.

I dont know if your open to some criticism but yer towards the end of the delivery that zoom from the camera is a bit off putting. Probably would be better to keep it still at the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we use foot movement as well when trying to leave the ball??

I did see a video from the playsession of somebody leaving a ball but stepping towards it. So I would have to say 'yes'...

Sadly, I can't remember which video.

I did see a video from the playsession of somebody leaving a ball but stepping towards it. So I would have to say 'yes'...

Sadly, I can't remember which video.

Also since the control layout states that to leave the ball you move the LAS in a direction and press R3, it means that the direction in which you move LAS will determine the direction in which the feet will move while leaving the delivery.

So youre saying that if I throw a ball at a wall, the ball will only come back if the wall is moving faster than the ball????

Ross has auto lawnmowers for the grass mate ok, god some people just want to find problems.:facepalm

MattW,
Sorry to ask about the controls again:

Is the Left Stick used to move the batsman left or right as well when the bowler comes in to bowl?

Haha, yeah I have!:thumbs

The shot was very fine, and came off the bat rather than the bat putting any force behind the ball. Physics says the bat would take some speed off the ball (energy converted into heat - thats why you get hotspot), not speed it up you would think.

[Enter Ross excuse/bigot remark here]

Correct. But the player exerts his own force through the bat... The bat isn't an inert object but an object with force in it's own right. The ball off the bat has less kinetic energy than the kinetic energy of the bat plus the kinetic energy of the ball... With appropriate timing and power this can still be more than the kinetic energy of the ball on to the bat.

If the ball gained speed off the pitch, now that would be bad physics.

----------

Can someone explain to me using Dr Pomers methods how Golf works?

Being super pedantic, in golf the ball is an inert object when hit, so the ball does leave the club with less kinetic energy than was applied, and Dr Newton is very happy.

----------

Sorry, i see Sibi had already explained it better than me, and we'd all agreed to move on.

In other news, I threw my tea all over my laptop this morning. Hoping there wasn't too many teams/players i hadn't uploaded to the server. Annoyingly only yesterday i was thinking to put my save file in my dropbox, hadn't got round to it. Nightmare.

Being super pedantic, in golf the ball is an inert object when hit, so the ball does leave the club with less kinetic energy than was applied, and Dr Newton is very happy.

Being super, super pedantic I did ask specifically using Dr Pomers laws of physics, under those laws the ball could not move at all because it cannot move any faster than it did prior to being hit. It had no speed at the time it was hit and therefore could not move, I would assume that the club would stop dead when it hit the ball but I am no expert in Pomeronic Physics.

That's true. I don't want to live in that universe. If you got a wedgie, you wouldn't be able to pull it out no matter how much force you applied.

Ah found it, here it is. yer it definitely is broadcast cam. At around the 2:41 mark.

I dont know if your open to some criticism but yer towards the end of the delivery that zoom from the camera is a bit off putting. Probably would be better to keep it still at the point.
The main aim of Broadcast Cam is as a watchable camera, it's not necessarily meant to work as a gameplay camera. It's meant to mimic the real world broadcast type camera work, which when watched for several overs compared to the real world broadcast telecast it compares damn well.
Can we use foot movement as well when trying to leave the ball??
Yes.
MattW,
Sorry to ask about the controls again:

Is the Left Stick used to move the batsman left or right as well when the bowler comes in to bowl?
Sorry to butt in, but yes, there is a cut off point pretty much just before he bowls though.

Users who are viewing this thread