Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

So how does padding the ball away work against a spinner then HBK, love to see some shane warne behind the legs bowled action.:clap

I vote Snowy for mod... just throwing it out there, he deserves a shot at Dutch's toaster. Either that or get Ross moderating posts ;)

Noone touches the goddamn toaster if they want to have all limbs in approxiamately the right places.

On another note we all know who pomers is. Just forget it. He apparently lives close to our dear friend SuperStuffThatUpYourJimDavidson.

On another note about physics. As the Great Carl Sagan said; if you want to bake a perfect apple pie you have got to create the universe first.

Think about it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It is beyond our comprehension. Sadly we studied physics based on Earth. Doesnt seem like Dr. Pomers did so.

----------

Ok time for a physics lesson for you then.

The ball already had a speed X on it while meeting the bat. The bat has a speed Y with the swing. They meet and the ball continues to move in the same direction with only slight deviation and the bat stops prematurely which means now the speed of the bat is transferred onto the ball. These two ADD up now and thus the ball now has a speed of X and Y minus some lost in deviation and heat. (Which is why the ball races to the boundary faster behind the wicket)

Now case two, when you hit the ball straight back you need the speed to be higher than the ball and 150kph balls reach the batsman at 120kph on normal pitches. And once I saw Brendon Mcullum generate 148kph of batsped(courtest: Inaugural T20 world cup).
Gayle and Dhoni are only faster and more powerful.

I will give u a C+ for this.
you didnt even consider fhe weight of the bat compared to the ball. Even for hitting straight back you don't need the bat to swing at a higher speed than the ball. The Bat's weight conpared to the ball comes into play. Time to rewrite it. I am willing to extend the deadline for submission for another 24 hours. Get onto it quickly

Last edited:
The main aim of Broadcast Cam is as a watchable camera, it's not necessarily meant to work as a gameplay camera. It's meant to mimic the real world broadcast type camera work, which when watched for several overs compared to the real world broadcast telecast it compares damn well.

But under what circumstance would a camera that isn't good for gameplay be beneficial? Perhaps in a career mode batting innings when not actually batting?

But under what circumstance would a camera that isn't good for gameplay be beneficial? Perhaps in a career mode batting innings when not actually batting?

Exactly - if got to last 3-4 overs of tight ODI/T20 or even first class/test I might want to watch concluding overs to see who wins etc

That's true. I don't want to live in that universe. If you got a wedgie, you wouldn't be able to pull it out no matter how much force you applied.

Would it be possible to get a wedgie in the first place?

In all this physics crap no one seems to take into account the spring effect from the bat, whuch generates massive force due to the compression of the wood fibres, willow has fantastic properties in this, the hotspot isn't just a case of the ball hitting the bat at a specific point but more a combination of that plus the instantaneous squash/release of the wood fibres!! Wood on wood creates far more heat than leather, how many scouts rub leather and wood together to start fires.

The main aim of Broadcast Cam is as a watchable camera, it's not necessarily meant to work as a gameplay camera. It's meant to mimic the real world broadcast type camera work, which when watched for several overs compared to the real world broadcast telecast it compares damn well.
Yes.
Sorry to butt in, but yes, there is a cut off point pretty much just before he bowls though.

Hey HBK would you be able to tell me in the telecast camera view when you nick the ball is it like on tv too? same with the field when it's hit there is it how it is on tv as well?

Users who are viewing this thread