Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Sorry to butt in, but yes, there is a cut off point pretty much just before he bowls though.

Kk...thanks :)

----------

Do you guys feel that spin bowling is way too slow ?

No. It's fine. Maybe you saw the video where MattW was bowling those loopy deliveries. Don't read too much into them, he hadn't got a hang of the controls when he was bowling spin. There are other videos though in which the pace looks good and realistic.

Physics

I'm now starting to panic!!!

If I buy a few beers to keep me company whilst I watch the Aussies going one down in Brisbane, will I be able to lift them to down the refreshing beverage if my arm weighs more than the bottle and I'm not drinking in a gravity free environment?

I'm also sure that the main barrier to making the golf ball move with a swinging club is not falling asleep between tees. But I only did GCSE physics.

I'm now starting to panic!!!

If I buy a few beers to keep me company whilst I watch the Aussies going one down in Brisbane, will I be able to lift them to down the refreshing beverage if my arm weighs more than the bottle and I'm not drinking in a gravity free environment?

I'm also sure that the main barrier to making the golf ball move with a swinging club is not falling asleep between tees. But I only did GCSE physics.

Sorry but I must inform you that you will not be able to drink the beers unless your arm weighs 5x more than each of the australian squads arms combined

The main aim of Broadcast Cam is as a watchable camera, it's not necessarily meant to work as a gameplay camera. It's meant to mimic the real world broadcast type camera work, which when watched for several overs compared to the real world broadcast telecast it compares damn well.

Ah ok, nah i think pretty much spot on in regards to how tv broadcasts are its just the zoom motion is a bit too much for me. Im talking bout Broadcast Cam because i will be mainly using it for local multiplayer.

yeah i don't really like the freezing animation its 1 one of my negatives but for some shoteg.cover drive they are handy and looks elagant as we see batsmen freezing for those type of shots they should not freeze for all shots especially the unorthodox shots :thumbs

But under what circumstance would a camera that isn't good for gameplay be beneficial? Perhaps in a career mode batting innings when not actually batting?
Yes, the aim is as said, to make it a watchable camera. So when you're not batting and just watching the game go by you can have it on broadcast and it'll look great.

It's also a nice addition for us to use in the demo mode that loads up when you don't touch the game, so it makes it look pretty. :p
Hey HBK would you be able to tell me in the telecast camera view when you nick the ball is it like on tv too? same with the field when it's hit there is it how it is on tv as well?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking in terms of what the camera does. But the Broadcast Camera was designed and built by watching hours and hours of actual TV footage and then applying it to the game, so if it's done in normal TV broadcast then you can assume it is happening in our Broadcast Camera.
Ah ok, nah i think pretty much spot on in regards to how tv broadcasts are its just the zoom motion is a bit too much for me. Im talking bout Broadcast Cam because i will be mainly using it for local multiplayer.
It's our opinion, for local multiplayer, that it will be best to use the 'Far (Bowling)' camera. We have that as the default option with options to invert the batting controls if needed to suit the camera positioning as well.

The 'Far (Bowling)' camera will provide you with the down the pitch view that you want from Broadcast, but won't have that camera pan that is giving you motion sickness. :p

As said, the Broadcast camera is mainly for you to watch the game with, not really to play it from. Any other camera is designed for gameplay purposes, the Broadcast is mainly for hands off purposes.

The 'Far (Bowling)' camera will provide you with the down the pitch view that you want from Broadcast, but won't have that camera pan that is giving you motion sickness. :p

As said, the Broadcast camera is mainly for you to watch the game with, not really to play it from. Any other camera is designed for gameplay purposes, the Broadcast is mainly for hands off purposes.

Ah ok cool, yer i was just adding just some constructive criticism. Most casual cricket players would most likely want to play from the broadcast camera and everything looks perfect except that last bit but yer maybe something to consider for future versions. Me personally i like playing from the broadcast camera but from people experiences with the play session it seems like you guys have really nailed the behind the player view which im eager to try out.

Yes, the aim is as said, to make it a watchable camera. So when you're not batting and just watching the game go by you can have it on broadcast and it'll look great.

It's also a nice addition for us to use in the demo mode that loads up when you don't touch the game, so it makes it look pretty. :pI'm not quite sure what you're asking in terms of what the camera does. But the Broadcast Camera was designed and built by watching hours and hours of actual TV footage and then applying it to the game, so if it's done in normal TV broadcast then you can assume it is happening in our Broadcast Camera.It's our opinion, for local multiplayer, that it will be best to use the 'Far (Bowling)' camera. We have that as the default option with options to invert the batting controls if needed to suit the camera positioning as well.

So the main camera used for broadcasting the game of cricket isnt playable!!!! Righto. :rolleyes

The camera seems to work fine until it stupidly zooms in and then out again after the shot is played. Its really off putting. How is this like watching the game on tv and how does this make it enjoyable to watch exactly? They managed to do this properly even on SWC 99. Jesus, even The Art of Cricket which was never even made does it better!

Last edited:
We have to keep the camera moving because if it becomes stationary then it can never move again no matter what you hit it with... everyone knows that... well since yesterday's lesson on Pomeronics anyway... how's your wedgy going?

Baseball games have never had a playable television broadcast camera for batting, and it has always been successful. Broadcast cameras for games like FIFA and NBA 2k are extremely limiting relative to other camera options available.

Hold off on judgement before actually playing it.

Wow, just had another look, the camera doesnt even follow the ball after its played.

Let me guess, an old build eh???

----------

Ross you readily reply to my posts in seconds when I dare to challenge you or you get emotionally hurt - why then cant you reply to all the questions from your fans? Makes no sense. You're so defensive mate.

"This message is hidden because Pomers is on your ignore list. "

Your call is important to me, I sincerely mean that, please hold.

So the main camera used for broadcasting the game of cricket isnt playable!!!! Righto. :rolleyes

He didn't say it isn't playable, just not designed to be a camera mode to be played with. The other view modes are more designed to aid the player and their experience.

Users who are viewing this thread