Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

It's kind of obvious that from watching video clips you might want to have a broadcast camera - because you're watching it being played. Once you're playing, give the other cameras a go first.

DBC14 comes at cricket games essentially saying that just about everything all the other games have done is wrong - if you go into it without being willing to try it as they intend, you're not getting the most out of it.

Considering the hints from Ross seem to be that 'legacy mode' is an unlockable way to go back to the donut batting/bowling of old games - I really hope that's not found for a while after the game launches, so people don't just switch it to Broadcast and Legacy mode and then wonder why it feels like all the other games.

They are defaults for a reason - they are the best way to play the game.

Considering the hints from Ross seem to be that 'legacy mode' is an unlockable way to go back to the donut batting/bowling of old games

If thats what legacy mode is, I hope its unlockable only after you complete one full career with a player. That should be enough time to play this game the way it was intended to and then choose your preference.

Hi, just wondering if anyone saw a rain interruption when playing at the play test?

From all the vids they all seemed to be played on sunny days!

Thanx

wht are the 13 stadiums in the game please???

hi ross in in career mode after making it to international level can you go back and play domestic leagues also can u play custom tous/competions on international level or the game will sim when a tour ot tournament will be held thanks id greatly appreciate im a new user btw nice meeting u guys im from the west indies how are you all:cheers:thumbs:wave:wi:

hi ross in in career mode after making it to international level can you go back and play domestic leagues
If you don't play right(not upto par),you will surely get dropped from the national team into domestic level:yes

yes i know but if youre playing up to par in internation level and say theres tournament going on a domestic level can you go back and play

I'm all for giving people whatever they want really, if there is feedback that the cameras are lacking then we will make changes.

You cannot say fairer than that. It amazes me how people can be so negative and get worked up before they have even played the game. We forget how lucky we are in this day and age getting preview videos, chatting to the devs and being able to give input into it. Back in the days a game would be released and you could either buy it, wait for a mate to buy it or wait for a review in a computer magazine before you were aware if it was any good or not.

This game isn't going to be perfect and may not be to everyones liking but I guarantee it will be an improvement on past cricket games, plus Ross is already talking about patches when it wouldn't be unfair for him to say it's the first release, negatives will be taken into account and improved on in the next release.

At the end of the day if you are not impressed by what we have been shown so far, forget about this game and wait for the elusive other one to come out and you can enjoy playing a slightly updated IC2010 instead!!!

Everyone here has complained time and time again about the old games, but some aren't willing to let old mechanics that have hindered the old games go.

Playing MLB The Show is nothing like watching Baseball on TV

Watched the 'Extra Footage 1' video again from MattW and its nice to see in the leg glance shot which was caught that since the batsmen crossed each other before the catch was taken, it was the non-striker who took strike on the next delivery. This might look like something small, but it plays a big role in cricket and it is something that some of the previous games failed to implement!

Watched the 'Extra Footage 1' video again from MattW and its nice to see in the leg glance shot which was caught that since the batsmen crossed each other before the catch was taken, it was the non-striker who took strike on the next delivery. This might look like something small, but it plays a big role in cricket and it is something that some of the previous games failed to implement!

How many times have you watched that video ?:D

Users who are viewing this thread