Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Bad luck Big Ant. It seems some people here know more how to make games than you, and what is best for gameplay. Time to shut up shop.

Its been hinted at time and time again on this forum that you're going to have a worse experience batting from broadcast camera, suit yourself, just don't come on here complaining when you have problems.

But why ? Could please give few logical reasons ?? i am expecting a lot from broadcast camera in DBC 14 while batting because the other camera views don't have any comparison with real cricket camera views.

So when you are playing the game you want to feel like you are watching cricket rather than playing cricket?

So when you are playing the game you want to feel like you are watching cricket rather than playing cricket?

couldn't agree more... watching a match on tv and playing a match are not the same thing. a video game is gonna fall somewhere in between, and big ant have gone further toward the playing end, and I applaud that whole heartedly.

This may not help but I don't understand how anyone plays FIFA or PES from the broadcast cam. You can't see defenders in front of you and you basically spend your time looking at the radar.
With the end on view you can see gaps, space etc.
For cricket I want to see what the player I'm controlling sees. Batting down the screen back towards yourself really makes no sense and ever since I've been able to use a batsman first player cam I've always used it.

The people who go straight to broadcast camera may as well stick with old games. You're missing the whole point that this is a new approach to cricket game mechanics which is built around non broadcast cameras. MLB works perfectly without it

The people who go straight to broadcast camera may as well stick with old games. You're missing the whole point that this is a new approach to cricket game mechanics which is built around non broadcast cameras. MLB works perfectly without it

I think they will understand as soon as they get the game and try hard playing in Broadcast cam with the controls...:D

The batting/bowling controls have an option for reverse, I think MattW may have played in that mode.

Could someone point me to the pro cam video which has a good angle?? Thanks

Too be honest I am still dying to see some swing for fast bowlers is there a video to see it ? Some amazing dale steyn like out swing may be ???

Too be honest I am still dying to see some swing for fast bowlers is there a video to see it ? Some amazing dale steyn like out swing may be ???

Apparently most of the videos were filmed as 1v1 and beginner players probably can't swing the ball very well.

Yeah please don't read too much into the videos from the play session, they just give you an idea about how the game looks, you will only know better when you play it yourself. And as has been stated, it is only on starting difficulty settings so it will only become more in depth as you go into higher difficulty levels.

As far as I recall, I played Cricket 07 with the Batsman Cam. The Batsman becomes less opaque and the camera is right behind him. So what is the problem with these guys asking for Broadcast cam.

As far as I recall, I played Cricket 07 with the Batsman Cam. The Batsman becomes less opaque and the camera is right behind him. So what is the problem with these guys asking for Broadcast cam.

There isn't any problem at all, it's just that Ross has advised that it is not necessarily the best camera angle to use.

Users who are viewing this thread