Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Does this imply that I can't play from the scoreboard and blimp views! Outrageous!

Perhaps he replies to you so quickly so as to stem the flow of misinformation and misinformed opinion.

Ah ok cool, yer i was just adding just some constructive criticism. Most casual cricket players would most likely want to play from the broadcast camera and everything looks perfect except that last bit but yer maybe something to consider for future versions. Me personally i like playing from the broadcast camera but from people experiences with the play session it seems like you guys have really nailed the behind the player view which im eager to try out.
Ah yes, well I see your issue more than anything to do with the camera, you're assuming what camera is your preference based on previous cricket games.

Remember, forget everything you know about previous cricket games. ;)

I highly recommend you first try out 'Far (Bowling)' for Local Multiplayer. It's what we use in the office and what we think works best.
So the main camera used for broadcasting the game of cricket isnt playable!!!! Righto. :rolleyes

The camera seems to work fine until it stupidly zooms in and then out again after the shot is played. Its really off putting. How is this like watching the game on tv and how does this make it enjoyable to watch exactly? They managed to do this properly even on SWC 99. Jesus, even The Art of Cricket which was never even made does it better!
You sir, need to take a pill that chills you out.

As you said right there "the main camera used for broadcasting the game of cricket isnt playable", big difference with this is that there's a difference between broadcasting the game and playing the game. Hands on provides cameras that work better. Again, I didn't say that broadcast was unplayable, it's just more for watching purposes to bring that TV style look to the game. When batting we recommend 'Far (Batting)' and when bowling we recommend 'Far (Bowling)'. All cameras are playable, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

So this is quite literally the first thing grabbed from youtube when searching for cricket highlights.

Notice how the camera zooms in on the ball being bowled and then zooms out when the shot is played.
Wow, just had another look, the camera doesnt even follow the ball after its played.

Let me guess, an old build eh???
It follows the ball, so no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baseball games have never had a playable television broadcast camera for batting, and it has always been successful. Broadcast cameras for games like FIFA and NBA 2k are extremely limiting relative to other camera options available.

Hold off on judgement before actually playing it.

it's true regarding fifa. the typical broadcast view is indeed very limiting as I always get confused where exactly my player is with respect to the goal posts making me kick the ball out sometimes. been playing fifa since 98 (every single iteration) and still get confused occasionally . But since everyone i play with wants it to look like "tv" i have no choice but to play it this way.

Perhaps he replies to you so quickly so as to stem the flow of misinformation and misinformed opinion.

I operate with full Pomeronic physics in play, so long as I don't get hit with a bat I can move at lightning speed.

----------

HBK I think you will find there is a BA policy on feeding Trolls, I suggest the Ignore option on the left.

it's true regarding fifa. the typical broadcast view is indeed very limiting as I always get confused where exactly my player is with respect to the goal posts making me kick the ball out sometimes. been playing fifa since 98 (every single iteration) and still get confused occasionally . But since everyone i play with wants it to look like "tv" i have no choice but to play it this way.

It is even worse if you have people that don't like playing the radar on at the bottom of the screen.

Ah yes, well I see your issue more than anything to do with the camera, you're assuming what camera is your preference based on previous cricket games.

Remember, forget everything you know about previous cricket games. ;)

I highly recommend you first try out 'Far (Bowling)' for Local Multiplayer. It's what we use in the office and what we think works best.

We will definitely give all the camera angles a shot but it would be great for us to have an option of reverting back to broadcast camera for a multiplayer game on the same console (offline multiplayer mode).

Ross, I am hoping that if folks still want the playable broadcast camera after playing the game once it's out, you will patch it in.

So the main camera used for broadcasting the game of cricket isnt playable!!!! Righto. :rolleyes

The camera seems to work fine until it stupidly zooms in and then out again after the shot is played. Its really off putting. How is this like watching the game on tv and how does this make it enjoyable to watch exactly? They managed to do this properly even on SWC 99. Jesus, even The Art of Cricket which was never even made does it better!

Stick cricket is the way to go mate! Do not bother to waste time here expecting things. We on the other side, will take these to acknowledge the efforts put to end the misery of 'no cricket games' over years. Don't worry about us, we are contented.

I'm all for giving people whatever they want really, if there is feedback that the cameras are lacking then we will make changes.

We will definitely give all the camera angles a shot but it would be great for us to have an option of reverting back to broadcast camera for a multiplayer game on the same console (offline multiplayer mode).

Ross, I am hoping that if folks still want the playable broadcast camera after playing the game once it's out, you will patch it in.

I think something is being lost in translation. You can play the game on broadcast camera. It is just that the gameplay mechanics (e.g. watching the ball out of the bowlers hand) are better suited to the non-broadcast cameras (and therefore, potentially more enjoyable)

It is even worse if you have people that don't like playing the radar on at the bottom of the screen.

Haha that's terrible. How can one even know where the players are at? Some people will do anything for simple aesthetic pleasures even if it compromises everything else including usability.

I hate the radar (on FIFA) at the bottom of the screen, it gets in the way of the field. Plus it takes out the fun of trying to spot your players rather than just looking at the radar. I haven't really played the PS3/Xbox versions though, so I can't comment on that.

Hey Ross, Why not remove all the HUD element except the ball trail in the Pro Cam mode? If you wanna check the score then you have to look around and see the scoreboard or walk up to the umpire or non striker to ask. This would be more immersive then the traditional score being present all the time on the bottom left.

I think something is being lost in translation. You can play the game on broadcast camera. It is just that the gameplay mechanics (e.g. watching the ball out of the bowlers hand) are better suited to the non-broadcast cameras (and therefore, potentially more enjoyable)

I get the point about a more immersive experience with "behind the batsman" camera. It's just that I prefer the broadcast camera view. Even on IC2010 I preferred the broadcast cam compared to the first person view angle. I find that I can play shots behind the wicket much better if I play using the broadcast cam. When I played with the behind the batsman cam on IC2010 and EA Cricket 07, I hardly played behind the wkts and nearly all my runs came in front which was a bit unrealistic.

Again, each to his/her own and hopefully when folks have had a go at the game, Big Ant will consider the feedback from the gamers and patch the playable broadcast cam in if that's what folks feel. Glad that Ross confirmed the same :thumbs

Hey Ross, Why not remove all the HUD element except the ball trail in the Pro Cam mode? If you wanna check the score then you have to look around and see the scoreboard or walk up to the umpire or non striker to ask. This would be more immersive then the traditional score being present all the time on the bottom left.

Not a bad idea, we do have other info though that slides in and out of the scoreboard.

Users who are viewing this thread