Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I was under the impression you would play school boy cricket, or local cricket when first starting in career mode. Maybe even state seconds. Or did I just misinterpret this?

Taken from the Career mode thread:
There are 5 Ranks that you must climb - ultimately playing for your International Team

While watching the career mode video for second time, observed that - for Matt's player profile, one of the screen showed

Does this mean, our career players will be given chance for playing English county & IPL kind of tournament as well?

In other words, what does 'No Chance' and 'Long Way Off' signify?

Lol....that's quite funny. Almost like it is insulting him the way it shows "no chance" or "long way off"

Also means you can get drafted to the ipl.

Matt, the career games you played, did you play against the on disk teams? Or was that a randomly generated team? I am wondering if you download the linked victorian team to replace on disc team, will it show up in career mode?

Ross, in the career mode initial setup video, we could only see the English and Australian county sides as the base team. Does that mean we can play career only in Australia and England?

Ross, in the career mode initial setup video, we could only see the English and Australian county sides as the base team. Does that mean we can play career only in Australia and England?

He confirmed a while ago that, by default it is set up like that. For other careers, we have to manually set the teams first or something.

Thanks Matt & Snowy. Interesting point that 'any action we do, accounts for selection' in terms of catches and run-outs. This would make some of us to stay on field trying to gain more points instead of simulating to the players context directly. :thumbs

This raises some more questions on logic behind part timers implementation( if any ) like Mark Waugh, Sachin Tendulkar etc where pure class batters had potential threat of taking wickets. But I would assume, it is too much to ask for this Version 1 of DBC.

Lol....that's quite funny. Almost like it is insulting him the way it shows "no chance" or "long way off"

Yea, was confused because everything showed like 'Stay away' kind of message next to those leagues. ;)

I was under the impression you would play school boy cricket, or local cricket when first starting in career mode. Maybe even state seconds. Or did I just misinterpret this?
The five ranks are probably the helmet rankings - see how my character is reset and put to helmet ranking 1?

Not sure of the mechanic details beyond what I saw.

Matt, the career games you played, did you play against the on disk teams? Or was that a randomly generated team? I am wondering if you download the linked victorian team to replace on disc team, will it show up in career mode?
I can only suggest checking the scoreboard at the start against the defaults in the academy - I assume so. Linked teams would stay linked in the academy is my understanding of it, but you get placed in the squad and put in the position of your choice without control over who it pushes out.

----------

This raises some more questions on logic behind part timers implementation( if any ) like Mark Waugh, Sachin Tendulkar etc where pure class batters had potential threat of taking wickets. But I would assume, it is too much to ask for this Version 1 of DBC.
Well I got batting points as a bowler, so if the captain will put you on to bowl (or if you're captain and put yourself on) then you can probably do it. Obviously something was broken with selection in the build I was playing.

AI can only go so far in challenging a human opponent but for longevity online is the way to go for the simple reason no AI can come close a human opponent. That's why I loved AC09 - not for its AI but for online gameplay.

Very true.... Facing another human in Online mode is way better than playing against AI.... The immediate thing that pops up when we talk about online mode is the internet connectivity between the online opponents and I happened to ask Ross twice if there can be a possible internet signal strength indicator shown when we choose an opponent in online mode like FIFA has but couldn't get any answer from Ross...

...makes it nice and easy to watch in the thread. Look really good, that scoop shot on the newer build looks MUCH better. Great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

...makes it nice and easy to watch in the thread. Look really good, that scoop shot on the newer build looks MUCH better. Great stuff.

Thanks Biggs, wasnt sure how to embed it in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread