Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Probably the best video (in terms of quality). Game looks great however there are still some issues to be sorted out (hopefully 0-day patch has this sorted). We have fielders running all over the place here. Also, in the second last ball, it seems like the fielder collected the ball and the umpire signalled it a boundary?

few problems I found were the robotic fashion in which batsman stood after shot ( but might depend on user input)

that catch by sillypoint. He should be shying away by the shot not taking catches like that :D

otherwise looks good :)

the robotic fashion in which batsman stood after shot ( but might depend on user input)

If I played a cover-drive as good looking as that, I wouldn't move an inch and stay perfectly still admiring my incredible talent... I would say it's user-input not clicking the "run" button immediately after the shot, practice makes perfect.

Video looks really good. For the most part, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I only have two major concerns. At 1:54 you see what looks like a pretty average defensive shot. That could just be user input but a Test match opener shouldn't be backing away like that, maybe a tailender would though.

Secondly, when the Pro Cam is used you can see his arms go through the helmet. Though I think this has been discussed before in previous videos.

Video looks really good. For the most part, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I only have two major concerns. At 1:54 you see what looks like a pretty average defensive shot. That could just be user input but a Test match opener shouldn't be backing away like that, maybe a tailender would though.

Secondly, when the Pro Cam is used you can see his arms go through the helmet. Though I think this has been discussed before in previous videos.

The arm through helmet type stuff is very hard to fix... even for the best out there, here's clip narrated by Martyn's brother... you know Arnie, the twin that got all the good genetic material...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a camera angle that is more a novelty anyway, I can't see it being the "go to" camera for people the majority of the time. There's better ones... those kinda glitches happen in almost every game, swords "clashing" being the most common example of that in the big titles...

The arm through helmet type stuff is very hard to fix... even for the best out there, here's clip narrated by Martyn's brother... you know Arnie, the twin that got all the good genetic material...

Ross, is the incorrect boundary signal issue on your list of fixes for 0-day patch? Just saw twistie's video again and it actually happens three times. 2:28, 2:40 and second last ball. Pretty hard to miss this bug I would think.

It's a camera angle that is more a novelty anyway, I can't see it being the "go to" camera for people the majority of the time.

I was planning on using the 'pro cam' for my career mode because I feel that it would make it feel like I was playing rather than the 3rd person view which ,although good and probably best for other matches, gives it a slightly more televised feel. However I don't feel like an occasional arm through the grill would bother me, it's not a major issue and if people are getting to the point where they need to complain about this because it's the biggest flaw it is clearly a very well made game.

Last edited:

That's pretty funny haha. As the guy in the video said, it isn't a game breaker. I was just pointing it out, though I'm sure you guys knew that already :p

Saw the wicketkeeper catching with two hands...

*pre-orders*

You folks really do underestimate the people who are creating this masterpiece. They are Cricketers themselves but I imagine that catching with two hands is something they could never have thought of if they weren't.

And just to point it out, one handed slip catches are not uncommon, it is just that they don't stick as often.

I think that's not that much important as can be ignored but the fielder moving the batsman as if he is on ice is something that needs to be corrected I suppose... :)

I really envy football, baseball or soccer fans in that they have the luxury to complain about helmets and some such minor things whereas we cricket fans haven't got a game for 4 years now and would have been more than happy with a money grabber like AC13 :(

I think that's not that much important as can be ignored but the fielder moving the batsman as if he is on ice is something that needs to be corrected I suppose... :)

Well it is much better than him walking through the batsman, isn't it? :)

MattW: Do we need to rotate the LAS or just assign the direction of rotation?? :)

Ross, is the incorrect boundary signal issue on your list of fixes for 0-day patch? Just saw twistie's video again and it actually happens three times. 2:28, 2:40 and second last ball. Pretty hard to miss this bug I would think.

The boundary on "Lancashire" is a known bug for us, the physical rope doesn't match the virtual boundary, it has been fixed.

----------

That's pretty funny haha. As the guy in the video said, it isn't a game breaker. I was just pointing it out, though I'm sure you guys knew that already :p

Understood, definitely wasn't having a go... although gave me an opportunity to out Martyn as a short stumpy balding fat American troll bloke - being American of course would mean that he is an expert game developer so at least he's got that going for him... :)

Gameplay comes first, if we need to break the graphics to enable gameplay we will, we aim to have this not happen of course.

----------

I really envy football, baseball or soccer fans in that they have the luxury to complain about helmets and some such minor things whereas we cricket fans haven't got a game for 4 years now and would have been more than happy with a money grabber like AC13 :(

C'mon, helmets rendered in the wrong place are the reason EA has been voted worst company in the US for two consecutive years... they just don't understand what is important.

Users who are viewing this thread