Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

For a company to have made their first cricket game big ant are way ahead than others in market. They have innovated so bugs can be there but we are in safe hands and heading in right direction.

Oh, and i liked that though the runs were being scored at an unrealistic rate, he was losing wickets as a consequence.

And the catch at silly mid off - i'd be fuming if that happened to me, he absolutely creamed it, and the guy plucks it out the air like it's a balloon floating on a breeze. This is a pretty big issue for me: it's part of the challenge of cricket, the captain places a guy there and you hit him out of position. If he just snaffles everything, you can't do that.

Yeah I do agree with that. When I saw the 'hotspot' replay I thought he must have edged it, but he completely middle'd it. I can imagine that if its a regular occurrence you'd start to get annoyed. Especially when spinners have men crowded around the bat

But overall, they don't take away from the feeling that this is going to be a pretty awesome game that i am very eager to get my hands on!

And I definitely agree with that!

ha that was a nice sleep. Missed all the compulsive trolling and troll feeding. Tea anyone? Oh wait, darn there is a storm in this cup......

Could have used your toaster...

After watching the videos over and over (as I'm sure many have done) I can't help but say that it feels like cricket to me. The main camera from behind the batsman gives you a view which I cant believe hasn't been used properly before, it is actually spot on for me, and very much compliments the no bowling marker and I think it works really well. But the main thing that it made feel like cricket for me was the fielding near the boundary. I was playing a match last weekend and it reminded me of that....well apart from there was a crowd of more than a dozen and it wasn't a shitty little artificial...but thats besides the point, because what I'm trying to say is it made me feel excited, like I was going to be playing cricket on the playstation, not just see where a mark on the pitch is and effectively hit it for six before its bowled. Or when your bowling/fielding its not going to be hit a few buttons then sit there for 30 seconds while you don't do anything.

I really am impressed, well done fellas.

Ross in twestie3 video at 7:05 after catch taken by silly point ,the movement of the fielder towards the batsman(also sudden movement of the batsman) is unreal and odd.pushing batman in the process of celebration.

Last edited:
Ross in twestie3 video at 7:05 after catch taken by silly point ,the movement of the fielder towards the batsman(also movement of the batsman) is unreal and odd.

Most of my movements are unreal and odd. Bleach does that to you.

So there are a further 7 and a half minutes of cricketgaming excellence. Not bad really.
Thanks for the observation.

----------

I cant stand people going on as if some bugs or animations in a computer game are crimes against humanity. Dont like it dont buy it dont play but stop pissing on the Marmite sarnies of those who do like it and will buy it and play it and.......wait for it........ENJOY it!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really really liked the new video that is shared clarifies a lot (although it is written that it is also not of final built).

It is funny to see some trolls complaining about things that are so minor like we already had the best cricket game, come on guys just look at the amount of improvement from last game(this is huge huge step forward).

Also people comparing (AI,Animations) with fifa,baseball and other games just keep in mind how complex cricket is to design (with so many possibilities and strategies working behind, I am not even kidding but more than half of worlds population is not able to understand what cricket is and I tried to explain it to Germany with diagrams and charts and it is still very very hard to cover half of it) and secondly budgets they had and the market they cover it is a big big difference.

I am very happy about this game and cant wait to have it in my hind and will just wish that BigAnt keep on doing us fans this favor and keep the franchise alive in coming years and we will only see improvements.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:cheers

As much as I love the game I for one will not have it go anywhere near my hind.....

Ross in twestie3 video at 7:05 after catch taken by silly point ,the movement of the fielder towards the batsman(also sudden movement of the batsman) is unreal and odd.pushing batman in the process of celebration.

Guys this can be fixed.there is no complexity involved.this really looks odd.yes even i love game.why to leave these kind of issues when there will be a patch is coming up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread