Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Nice video. I assume it was captured straight from the system?

It was, little "framey" every now and again but pretty clear.

PS: Mod's can we please change MikeM's name to Mark, will help stop the confusion with MikeF :)

Lads,

Last two videos are fantastic, as are the others,

Pretty sure this has been asked, is there a broadcast cam for batting and bowling?

Also the AI appears to be playing a shot a ball, is this die to dofficulty and user bowling error?

Apart from that looks top draw!

It is funny to see some trolls complaining about things that are so minor like we already had the best cricket game, come on guys just look at the amount of improvement from last game(this is huge huge step forward).

I think its fine that some people are nitpicking things....it only allows BigAntStudios to know what needs improvement in the sequel. However, I only wish people wait for the full game to release, play it and then give their feedback.

You can play from the bowler view and there is also an option to reverse the controls accordingly if you wish. No idea why you would do it though :p

I'm pretty sure with the way the batting controls are it'll be pretty hard/confusing to bat in broadcast view, behind the back is the way to go.

i don't know..but broadcasting view of batting looks better..i am not saying about how it feels at the time of playing..may be it's a new thing and we need to adjust it..but i wish ross could confirm it

----------

You can play from the bowler view and there is also an option to reverse the controls accordingly if you wish. No idea why you would do it though :p

that's great..thanks ross :thumbs

@kamrul - really, you think behind the bowler looks batter than the behind the batter view? i know that's more traditional, but i absolutely loved the behind the batter view - looked fantastic. different, but some how just right!

Sweet Poseidon's baby Jesus' donkey that caught and bowled was fantastic!

I've just finished watching the Twistie3 video and the sprint between the wickets looks way too quick. Would be interesting to time it and compare it to real life.

I think its fine that some people are nitpicking things....it only allows BigAntStudios to know what needs improvement in the sequel. However, I only wish people wait for the full game to release, play it and then give their feedback.

I dont think it is constructive criticism but unwanted trolling which is sorry to say annoying, I feel that improvement is a timely thing and slowly game will move towards perfection with new technologies coming and bigant getting more experience with cricket game.

Unwanted trolling is plain bad and those people are looking at some videos (not made on final built) and criticizing the game like there is no tomorrow is just a no go.

----------

Sweet Poseidon's baby Jesus' donkey that caught and bowled was fantastic!

reminded me of this
www.youtube.com/embed/s1GRr5h0qUw

I noticed the batsmen didn't tap his bat on the ground, I recall Mike saying that they would do that normally? Or am I wrong on that front?

There was bat tapping in some of the vids from yesterday.

As for the videos uploaded today...in a word: bloody amazing. The batting camera is epic.

However, what's the deal with the bowling speeds? Anderson's is accurate, but Broad was bowling in the 110 km/h region most balls?

@kamrul - really, you think behind the bowler looks batter than the behind the batter view? i know that's more traditional, but i absolutely loved the behind the batter view - looked fantastic. different, but some how just right!

i do like the traditional way..though behind the batsman gives u the feel of the reality..but everyone has there own choice..it may differ from man to man..when u are playing the down the wicket shots, scoop, revesweeps etv u'll not enjoy as much as u would do before.. it's my point of view :spy

I dont think it is constructive criticism but unwanted trolling which is sorry to say annoying, I feel that improvement is a timely thing and slowly game will move towards perfection with new technologies coming and bigant getting more experience with cricket game.

Unwanted trolling is plain bad and those people are looking at some videos (not made on final built) and criticizing the game like there is no tomorrow is just a no go.

hang on... i have seen i think one person obviously trolling from the video. there are some legitimate issues too, which may or may not be down to the old build issue. calling anyone who doesn't give 100% positive feedback a troll is childish, and ultimately self-defeating. anything we can spot that has the slightest chance of being a bug BigAnt wasn't previously aware of but might be able to patch helps everyone. it only tips over into trolling when people ignore the explanations and keep banging the drum or seguing into weird non-sequitirs and made up facts.

----------

i do like the traditional way..though behind the batsman gives u the feel of the reality..but everyone has there own choice..it may differ from man to man..when u are playing the down the wicket shots, scoop, revesweeps etv u'll not enjoy as much as u would do before.. it's my point of view :spy

that's not a problem i'm likely to suffer ;)

The behind batsman looks fantastic, but without sounding a bit sad i do enjoy sometimes pretending as if its being played live on tv!

That would be my case for playing behind bowler!

If the AI score at approriate rates n leave n block in a test, then im already sold on this game!

I've just finished watching the Twistie3 video and the sprint between the wickets looks way too quick. Would be interesting to time it and compare it to real life.

It's a balance between gameplay and real life... with gameplay balance coming first. If you sprint between wickets all the time you can expect fatigue.

If you sprint between wickets all the time you can expect fatigue.
Which came up while I was playing in the career mode video - I was basically sprinting on everything (now that I knew about the button) and I was dead by the end there - noticeable impact on running between wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread