Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

MattW: Post all the videos regardless of the quality ...
Content is the issue - half of one of the remaining videos is filming a stack of magazines while I was going through the menus.

----------

Will there b ny video or pic which shows opposite cam view while batting?
Did you watch any of the videos you were complaining about?

Content is the issue - half of one of the remaining videos is filming a stack of magazines while I was going through the menus.

----------

I need to see those magazines!!

----------

Yes I watched and none of them were having aerial camera view from bowlers side - the exact same view as of ea cricket 07

Yes I watched and none of them were having aerial camera view from bowlers side - the exact same view as of ea cricket 07

Well there is your answer then. Perhaps you should stick to ea cricket? Much better game.

How about rain Matt, did you see any when you played the game or did Ross turn it off.;)

Loved the two new videos Matt. Loved that leg glance...specially the way the ball flew away to the fielder....looked like real cricket.

Some qs:

1) the scoop shot that you played, was it played using the unorthodox shot modifier buttons?
2) I am assuming that the difficulty in playing on the harder levels comes from judging the actual line of the delivery and playing the appropriate shot, right? As on the easier levels that you are playing on, it looked like the batsman could play a delivery on the off stump easily towards the leg. I assume this would be much harder to do on harder levels.
3) is there a button to ground your bat when taking a run? As I saw the player just running into the crease without bothering to ground his bat in a lot of your videos. I think you even ran out a player like that.
4) on the difficulty level you were playing on, were you controlling the feet movement as well using LAS?
5) Were you able to check the online menu? Is 2v2 playable online?
6) If you were able to check the online menu, what level of difficulty is it set at?

Last edited:
That was my question then.. Werz the answer to it?

Also on hard setting, does game have bowl marker on pitch?? If not then that's too bad!

So on easy mode there is no marker on the pitch, that obviously means in the hard mode where it should become more difficult, there is now a marker. Makes sense :clap

@mattw putting $50 on #11 in the last "kitten on the run" - go you good thing!!

Jumps in 4 mins - 15 to 1

Last edited:
May I suggest we not give Mr Ironage too much attention.

@mr Ironage go read the threads and inform yourself and stop spamming this thread. Last warning.

How about rain Matt, did you see any when you played the game or did Ross turn it off.
I saw the option in the menus for weather at least.

1) the scoop shot that you played, was it played using the unorthodox shot modifier buttons?
Yep, just the L1 button and not the aggressive shot modifier as well, I imagine if you combine them you'd hit it stronger. I pushed the right stick up to hit the shot.

3) is there a button to ground your bat when taking a run? As I saw the player just running into the crease without bothering to ground his bat in a lot of your videos. I think you even ran out a player like that.
Yep, you can, I didn't because I wasn't used to all the buttons yet.

4) on the difficulty level you were playing on, were you controlling the feet movement as well using LAS?
I tried to at least - you could walk around the crease and you could certainly see the batting stance change.

Not sure on the rest.

----------

H6YOY4M.jpg

Teams...

82PVV8o.jpg

The Career Team Lists is probably a function that I should take a look at next time.

I need to see those magazines!!
pmh4r97.jpg

I didn't turn anything on or off, people had six hours to discover whatever they could.....

Kitten is still running :( - was looking forward to retirement but I guess I'll have to keep making games...

Do the players go off as soon as it starts raining or can we play in a light drizzle for a few overs before the umpires decide to come off? And how long can rain last in the game is it possible for an entire test match to be washed out?

Users who are viewing this thread