Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Now that I know what Ross looks like, would love to have seen a picture of every member of the BigAnt team present at the playstation; maybe a group photo :D

Curious about the secrecy here :spy. Does it absolutely have to wait until I get my hands on the game?

Had a very busy week , just watched the videos .
Man , this is really awesome . Shots , Crowd ,stadiums all looks very cool

If i were the CEO of ICC/CA/ECB/BCCI i would have told them take all our licenses and request them to please make Cricket popular just like what NBA 2kSeries has done for NBA

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Somewhat - the broadcast cam is still okay to bat from, but the behind the bat is better. I believe you can make it so the batsman gets the normal batting camera and the bowler has to bowl to that, though the broadcast is the best compromise for local multiplayer.

Matt, is the broadcast cam different from the one captured in "Spin Bowler" video clip shown below or that is the broadcast camera angle in the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, is the broadcast cam different from the one captured in "Spin Bowler" video clip shown below or that is the broadcast camera angle in the game?
I never actually looked in the camera options menu - because I was happy with the defaults the game chose. The one I'm referring to is that spin bowling one - but perhaps someone else who was there could post if there was another behind the bowler angle.

I never actually looked in the camera options menu - because I was happy with the defaults the game chose. The one I'm referring to is that spin bowling one - but perhaps someone else who was there could post if there was another behind the bowler angle.

Ok thanks. Maybe that's one of the things you can check when you visit Big Ant Studios for the detailed playtest session. Would be great if there's a traditional "behind the umpire" broadcast cam as that should be better than the one captured in spin bowler clip.

After looking at the spin bowling video, just one line - those who are inspired to start the career as bowler straight away, good luck. :D

After looking at the spin bowling video, just one line - those who are inspired to start the career as bowler straight away, good luck. :D

Yea, It will be hard but i think it will be well worth having a bowling career! Seems fun and good learning curve.

One question for our play session members - By any chance we noticed the pitch parameters getting changed on a test match on day to day basis? Guess if I remember right - simulation did not go past 1 or 2 days in that career mode, but would be interesting to know whether we will have some rough patches/cracks and ball behaving accordingly.

In AC09 and IC2010, we have this day 1-5 parameters but I have never observed anything different( in terms of bounce and spin ) from what I bowl on a new ball over/around the wicket.

Just play against the Big Ant team when you get the game or watch the credits.

Is there any chance for PlanetCricket teams to be in the retail game by default ? Did you talk about it with Ross? ;)

Is there any chance for PlanetCricket teams to be in the retail game by default ?
It is. That's why there were two of me in that career mode video - because I downloaded the latest PlanetCricket team but didn't link it to the on disc one.

Awesome. I was watching the Acolypse's video preview and realized one thing. They were showcasing the replay controls and they were great. But what worries me is that if we got a decision against us then we can just use the manual replay, check it and then decide whether to go for BARS or not. This would be a kind of cheat for the system. So have they somehow blocked the manual replay feature during the umpiring decisions or not? I wish they do.

----------

And what is the difference between the lineup on that team and the latest one in Cricket academy?

Users who are viewing this thread