Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Awesome. I was watching the Acolypse's video preview and realized one thing. They were showcasing the replay controls and they were great. But what worries me is that if we got a decision against us then we can just use the manual replay, check it and then decide whether to go for BARS or not. This would be a kind of cheat for the system. So have they somehow blocked the manual replay feature during the umpiring decisions or not? I wish they do.

----------

And what is the difference between the lineup on that team and the latest one in Cricket academy?

You get 10 seconds to ask for a review. I am sure during that time no replays will be shown or accessed.

Thats what i thought but the guy who was talking along with the video said that you can check replays and then decide for the BARS. I hope he's wrong.

And on the other hand, I'm really glad that my Post graduation is now over, else this game would have affected my grades badly :P

Thats what i thought but the guy who was talking along with the video said that you can check replays and then decide for the BARS. I hope he's wrong.
The video is wrong on that, you cannot use replays before BARS. Ross commented as such on that video.

And what is the difference between the lineup on that team and the latest one in Cricket academy?
It would just be a snapshot of whatever shape the team took at the time the build was put together.

Might be worth Big Ant putting the PC on-disc team in the academy beta so that can be linked and included in get best.

Glad to hear that. Cuz otherwise we would have sometime or other used the replay to save the reviews and thus beat the realism. I just wish they put a final build of cricket academy and put a benchmark tool in that. So that we can check if our system can handle the ultra settings of graphics. I need to decide between PSe copy and PC copy based on that.

The video is wrong on that, you cannot use replays before BARS. Ross commented as such on that video.

I hadn't seen Ross' comment on that but I assumed that would be the case... would have been borderline ridiculous otherwise. Good to have it confirmed though!

On another note, Ross' bombshell earlier (yesterday?) in respect of Ashes Cricket 13

Calling it as I see it... Likely cancelled.

Was that the third bottle of Shiraz talking, or is there some more news that way?

@bigant... do you guys have any plan to release official gameplay footage with explanation of batting,bowling and fielding ??

On another note, Ross' bombshell earlier (yesterday?) in respect of Ashes Cricket 13

Was that the third bottle of Shiraz talking, or is there some more news that way?

Well as each day passes it's looking more and more likely to be the case. It won't look good on 505 games making all of these delay announcements will it.

Back to DBC14....MattW how can you tell when a slower ball is being bowled? do we get any indication?

Well as each day passes it's looking more and more likely to be the case. It won't look good on 505 games making all of these delay announcements will it.

Back to DBC14....MattW how can you tell when a slower ball is being bowled? do we get any indication?

Looking at the videos the bowling animation looks a bit awkward when bowling a slower ball (very low arm speed). That I believe would be the visual cue.

Have to say I'm very impressed. Visually it looks fantastic, and the animations look great. Above all it just looks like it is really fun to play and I cannot wait to have a go myself.

Quick question though: Are there any English stadiums?

Finally the wait is over, the videos are good. But i wont say this is the best ever cricket game, but Big ant is in Right route and a very good first step. Never seen before cricket game. I found bit awkward when the batsman holds the pose after playing his shots for a while. I think all the batsmen shown here are manually controlled thats why there is a delay?

This is the best cricket game since shane 99, the hype for this game is a lot more because of PC.
If it lives up to the cricket game that you have been playing in your head for years maybe not.

PS Ashes 2013 is cancelled and soon we will hear it from 505 games, sad because early this year i was
looking forward to this game. Still DBC14 has enough to keep us interesting till there next game.:spy

If i were the CEO of ICC/CA/ECB/BCCI i would have told them take all our licenses and request them to please make Cricket popular just like what NBA 2kSeries has done for NBA

:clap:clap:clap:clap

If BigAnt continue doing what they are now with this game........that day is not far dude!!!

----------

It would just be a snapshot of whatever shape the team took at the time the build was put together.

Might be worth Big Ant putting the PC on-disc team in the academy beta so that can be linked and included in get best.

Do we have our commentary names in there as well??? :spy

----------

But i wont say this is the best ever cricket game

Which cricket game do you feel is better than this???

----------

Just cant stop watching that leg glance (at 02:07)!!! It looked a lot like Ricky Ponting to me!! I must have watched that shot atleast 50 times now! Its easily my most favourite 10 seconds from all the videos posted so far!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best cricket game since shane 99, the hype for this game is a lot more because of PC.
If it lives up to the cricket game that you have been playing in your head for years maybe not.

PS Ashes 2013 is cancelled and soon we will hear it from 505 games, sad because early this year i was
looking forward to this game. Still DBC14 has enough to keep us interesting till there next game.:spy

Really?

Just cant stop watching that leg glance!!! It looked a lot like Ricky Ponting to me!! I must have watched that shot atleast 50 times now! Its easily my most favourite 10 seconds from all the videos posted so far!!!

Yep, that's the first thing I thought as well. That and the pull shot in the same video are amongst the best looking shots from all the videos.

Yep, that's the first thing I thought as well. That and the pull shot in the same video are amongst the best looking shots from all the videos.

True!! Lots of good stuff in that video!! Loved how the short of length delivery hit the bat at the sponsor's tag when the batsman played it on the front foot (though it was funny and wierd how it went for four :p). Then that black bat. Really impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread