Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bit4-v5VzLw

just found another video. Only one concern! I hope super human wiket keeper are no longer there.

I know that the hotspot equivalent was featured on one of the Big Ant Studios BARS videos from the side, but I'm interested to know why it rarely shows it from the side, like in that video, where it would have been the best camera and hence looked not out until the decision. I was thinking the same for one of Matt's BARS videos, but now it looks slightly more obvious. Is it because the user skipped it in this scenario?

Last edited:
Glad to hear that. Cuz otherwise we would have sometime or other used the replay to save the reviews and thus beat the realism. I just wish they put a final build of cricket academy and put a benchmark tool in that. So that we can check if our system can handle the ultra settings of graphics. I need to decide between PSe copy and PC copy based on that.

PC should have better graphics and detail then Xbox 360 and PS3. Pc is the best platform if you have a Controller for it. Ross can you confirm that PC version will have alot higher detail.

PC should have better graphics and detail then Xbox 360 and PS3. Pc is the best platform if you have a Controller for it. Ross can you confirm that PC version will have alot higher detail.

There will be depending on your CPU/GPU, Ross told you that yesterday I think. Obviously it's going to be worse if your computer is a rock, and better if your console is a rock in comparison to your PC.

How many other games can you run at high graphics settings? That would give you a good indication of what you can expect wouldn't it?

EDIT: Here is the answer that Ross already gave you.

Than ps3, x360? Depending on CPU/gpu it will look better.

Last edited:
1st time im posting on here so be gentle with me! haha! :)
Got to say after seeing and reading alot about this game i couldn't be more excited about this game! It looks to have everything in a cricket game that everyone has been asking for! I totally agree with not having licences for teams as we would all prefer a better gameplay experience over player names a likeness. Really can't wait for when it comes out :D Ross just take my money !!!! :cheers

just found another video. Only one concern! I hope super human wiket keeper are no longer there.

Some more good footage here, saw some good spin bowling at the start, a few manual appeals and a review, takes me back to the days of the old snes game international cricket. Can't wait!

Really love the detail in the batting animations, saw a few people commenting that they're a bit jerky and fast, I don't see it at all. Alot better than plain canned animations in ashes cricket, it seems that every shot is different and the batsmen is calculating the placement of the bat each time. Unlike in ashes were the ball just warps to were the bat is depending on how well you time it.(that got really annoying after a while seeing a pitched up delivery miraculously bouncing like a tennis ball shoulder high and getting pulled to third man) Really impressed seeing actual ball physics in a cricket game, can't bloody wait! :)

Definitely the old build. An easy way to detect is looking at the slips and wicketkeeper not moving at all when a fast bowler is bowling.

About the first drs, i am sure they will show a side camera angle. And how epic is that out? Inside edge to the body and looping up for the keeper. Amazing.

Really love the detail in the batting animations, saw a few people commenting that they're a bit jerky and fast, I don't see it at all. Alot better than plain canned animations in ashes cricket, it seems that every shot is different and the batsmen is calculating the placement of the bat each time. Unlike in ashes were the ball just warps to were the bat is depending on how well you time it.(that got really annoying after a while seeing a pitched up delivery miraculously bouncing like a tennis ball shoulder high and getting pulled to third man) Really impressed seeing actual ball physics in a cricket game, can't bloody wait! :)

Totally agree with this ! The yorker that get hooked off his nose... So frustrating! I love the fresh look on a cricket game no1 has done it like this game! So much replayability ! Also like that when bowling the ball wont pitch in the exact same place over and over again. Like the natural variation in bowling. :wave

There will be depending on your CPU/GPU, Ross told you that yesterday I think. Obviously it's going to be worse if your computer is a rock, and better if your console is a rock in comparison to your PC.

How many other games can you run at high graphics settings? That would give you a good indication of what you can expect wouldn't it?

EDIT: Here is the answer that Ross already gave you.

OK cool yeah i have a i5 3470 and 8gb of ram and gtx 670 should be able to run DBC 14 max can run any game max so far other then bf4.

Yep, that's the first thing I thought as well. That and the pull shot in the same video are amongst the best looking shots from all the videos.

How good are they! Not like the awkward looking stuff we've seen from IC10, Ashes 09' etc.

OK cool yeah i have a i5 3470 and 8gb of ram and gtx 670 should be able to run DBC 14 max can run any game max so far other then bf4.

Sweet. I know it will look better on PC, thats why i need a benchmark tool from bigant to check. Shouldnt be too tough to compile one inside the cricket academy.

The game is pretty amazing!
The new control system is all about fundamentals of cricket no more button pressing saga....
Thank god this saga has ended and thanks to Big Ant for that...
Well I was wondering if for the next iteration 11 Vs 11 can be introduced? Pardon me I am no tech geek so I don't know if there are technological limitations... but would be great to have 11 people playing for a team

Nice video. I think more than the keeper being super human there, it looked more like an animation issue. Seeing the replay, the ball popped up just in front of the wicket, so it's actually catchable even in real life. I think the issue there is that the fielders in general in this game are not anticipating the ball and reacting too late, thus leading to jittery, confused and super fast animation (noticed the same in the good version videos as well). Ross, if you are reading this, please (if you deem it valuable) have the fielders anticipate a little where the ball is going or atleast have them move to it as soon as the shot is played even on manual fielding (so basically you/ai start the animation of moving towards the ball and then give the player a second to take over after the camera pans to fielding) That ways the animation will look much more smoother.

Last edited by a moderator:
will there be a option to remove that red long line thing when the ball moves..it just makes it look to unrealistic and arcadey

Users who are viewing this thread