Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

no, if you had read what people who have played it had said youd realise you dont notice it when batting... atleast wait until you play it until you judge :)

Just noticed in a video: Why is there an inner ring in a test match??

Saw it in the batting preview video posted....@ 5:25

And the fielder hands pass through his legs while taking the catch...Same video @7:48

Is it a graphics glitch or one of the things that's hard to patch or get it right??

Don Bradman Cricket 14: Batting Preview - YouTube

Last edited:
Just noticed in a video: Why is there an inner ring in a test match??

Saw it in the batting preview video posted....@ 5:25

And the fielder hands pass through his legs while taking the catch...Same video @7:48

Is it a graphics glitch or one of the things that's hard to patch or get it right??

Don Bradman Cricket 14: Batting Preview - YouTube

I don't know if it is a graphics glitch or something else but that thing unfortunately exists even in FIFA and PES. I am not sure much can be done regarding that atleast for now and if I am not wrong I think Ross once told that those things are not that easy to spot while we are actually playing the game so it must not be much of a problem. :thumbs

I don't know if it is a graphics glitch or something else but that thing unfortunately exists even in FIFA and PES. I am not sure much can be done regarding that atleast for now and if I am not wrong I think Ross once told that those things are not that easy to spot while we are actually playing the game so it must not be much of a problem. :thumbs

Yes,I could see the graphic glitch in replay not in real time....But the inner ring should be taken off in test matches...:cheers

the game could still suffer from a catastrophic lack of replay value like IC2010 did after a good first impression.

I don't think this will happen with the game as I heard the words that Ross was expecting to show the gaming world from the video of Apocalypse games : "We were at the edge of our seats..We are not actually cricket fans but it kind of really got us in there"...

This proves to me that Ross has succeeded in his theory of Cricket gaming and will really do well in the market.....:cheers:thumbs

----------

In the apocalypse video: Does the umpire show two for the over [@4:52] or the finger needs to be bent??

And @5:31 We get to know how high jump catches can be taken at the boundary line.....Awesome....:thumbs

Last edited:
I don't think this will happen with the game
Neither do I - please don't take that literally - it's me commenting on the fact it's hard to make a good judgement of a game with an hour of gameplay.

Again, my final review would only happen after weeks with the game. But my first impressions are that the new control scheme works well and seeing Mikey try and play on the highest difficulty in the nets and having trouble gives me more hope that there's not going to be a problem like that.

Neither do I - please don't take that literally

I did not take that literally as well..But I understand that the acceptance of a cricket game like this is not predictable...Like GTA V tried their luck with 3 protags ,they have moved from regular controls system to unusual but effective one.....:thumbs

Tbh, we have to remember this is a first attempt at a cricket game for them. From what people have said it seems a solid game, just think of the years to come!

watchhed all the videos and did not get to see one six ( need a sixes meter videos) please upload one

There was a video with a six and they even specifically mention 'oh it went x amount of metres'. I believe it was a video Matt uploaded where he was bowling spin

Which is good . Hitting a six should be difficult.

+1

I also loved how that leg glance (yeh...watched it 50 times more now :p) looked like the ball is gonna go for a six...only to be caught way inside the boundary by the fielder!!!!

+1

I also loved how that leg glance (yeh...watched it 50 times more now :p) looked like the ball is gonna go for a six...only to be caught way inside the boundary by the fielder!!!!

Thats what I really liked about it it was not the best ball to play in that area and resulted in catch.

----------

Another thing I would like to ask Matt or anyone who played the game... Tell us about fatigue and confidence is it visible was it getting effected by something and where is it visible ???

P.S. If this is answered already please redirect me there.

Users who are viewing this thread