Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I forgot to mention fielding:

Fielding: Listen to me, fielding is not really a big thing for me, and many times i ran over the ball and stuff, throwing a few over throws, for me, this had no effect on my game plan because i have no real intentions of manually fielding.

I will probaly try it in my career mode every now and then, but i can see any real care factor for me personally trying to master the fielding, but it did seem like it will take a while to master.

There is some negative stuff, but im not going to mention it, it was more just general stuff, like it does seem easy to get runs, but i was playing on rookie mode so i will leave it at that i reckon

That's great madman.. Is it possible to upload the videos in YouTube if its not allowing in PC? Thanks.

@madman981,
Thanks for the review. Upload your videos on youtube and share the link here :thumbs

OK, I will try and do that when i get6 home tonight

Nah i didnt play with any teams other than victoria and Planet Cricket/Big ant

When i was playing against Matt he changed a few things on the display, i didnt pay attention to what they were, he was trying things all over the place....

Not sure if you can answer this or not, but how does catching actually work? For skied balls it looks like its a matter of positioning the fielder where the ball is going to drop, but in your limited time playing did you experience trying to take any slips catches or low hit catches?

Madman, thanks for your thoughts. I enjoyed reading them. With the replays, I think it is a good idea to include them in the game but maybe after only fours/sixes/wickets/chances etc. I probably would have skipped them too if I was at the play session because you want to play the game as much as possible, not see multiple replays, though if I was at home I'd probably watch most of them.

Madman, thanks for your thoughts. I enjoyed reading them. With the replays, I think it is a good idea to include them in the game but maybe after only fours/sixes/wickets/chances etc. I probably would have skipped them too if I was at the play session because you want to play the game as much as possible, not see multiple replays, though if I was at home I'd probably watch most of them.

I think we would rather have the ability to watch replay of every delivery if we choose to rather than the game deciding the "replay moments" for us arbitrarily. Sometimes the delivery you want to watch on replay is not a 4, 6 or wkt but could be a miss, a good piece of fielding or a well executed defensive shot.

In any case the interactive replay system stores a number of balls not just the last one, you can go back and see replays from ball, player, and other camera views, with normal speed, rewind/forward frame by frame or fast etc...

I think we would rather have the ability to watch replay of every delivery if we choose to rather than the game deciding the "replay moments" for us arbitrarily. Sometimes the delivery you want to watch on replay is not a 4, 6 or wkt but could be a miss, a good piece of fielding or a well executed defensive shot.

One of the most frustrating parts for me from AC09 and IC10 was the ability to only watch replays for 4's 6's, wickets and drops, with only the 6's being showing from an angle where you could actually see it. Like you said, it's better to have the option with the possibly to skip, rather than not have the option at all. It also makes the game more like tv presentation, which shows a lot of replays.

When i was playing against Matt he changed a few things on the display, i didnt pay attention to what they were, he was trying things all over the place....
And I still managed to get back here to questions I couldn't answer about menu options. Insane.

Not sure if you can answer this or not, but how does catching actually work? For skied balls it looks like its a matter of positioning the fielder where the ball is going to drop, but in your limited time playing did you experience trying to take any slips catches or low hit catches?

I didnt actually have the oppurtunity to take a catch, from what i was seeing is you position your self with the left analogue stick and use the right analogue stick to take the catch, so Im thinking if its skied, then up with the right analogue stick, if your in the slips and it goes left off you, then left with the right analogue stick and etc etc

----------

How is the line to bowl decided?

you use the right analogue stick i believe, i found it difficyult, yet when i handed it to mike he was fine!!

Replays will be watched over and over when something special happens like a leg cutter shattering the offstump, classic straight drive etc.

Users who are viewing this thread