Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Cheers for your replies Angad and Madman, my confusion is that I thought the RS was for ball release which would affect the length and not the line. I know that you first select the length you want to bowl then depending on when you release the ball would be the difference between a good ball and a bad one at that length. But how do you say bowl outside off then next ball aim for middle stump??

Cheers for your replies Angad and Madman, my confusion is that I thought the RS was for ball release which would affect the length and not the line. I know that you first select the length you want to bowl then depending on when you release the ball would be the difference between a good ball and a bad one at that length. But how do you say bowl outside off then next ball aim for middle stump??

I believe ball release timing is based on when you move the right stick, which affects the length within the 'range' you pre-selected, the direction you push the stick decides the line, so it's about timing and line with the one control, and also speed depending on how quick you move the stick.

This is how it works:

When you are about to reach the crease, you push the RS back (which will determine where you start your delivery jump from and thus where you will land on the popping crease). The speed with which you push RS back will determine the speed at which you would bowl. Then you gotta push the RS forward. The direction in which you would push it forward would determine the line of the delivery, while the timing of that push will determine the length of the delivery 'within' the zone you had already selected before the runup (with a little room for overlap).

For detailed info, check out point # 45 here

On paper, it sounds like an incredibly refined system and is no longer just a matter of hitting a sweet spot through muscle memory. Combined with the potential impact of confidence, momentum and bowler (throwing accuracy), it seems as though it will finally take a bit of skill.

Is the hotspot available to us all the time, I mean is it usable by user or is it shown itself when there is a doubt in decision. And when hotspot is shown can we change the angle where we look from?
sorry to put in a random question here.

Last edited:
Is the hotspot available to us all the time, I mean is it usable by user or is it shown itself when there is a doubt in decision. And when hotspot is shown can we change the angle where we look from?
sorry to put in a random question here.

I think hotspot is only available when you call on the review (and maybe in automatic replays of edges). It surely isnt available to us all the time in this build.

That and sometimes on perfectly timed shots too

Thanks. So I can the angle and look whether there is a nick on the bat of batsman, like a view from bowler to a view from a fielder on point. That will be awesome :)

MattW, in the 20 minute career mode video you posted, at around 14:47 mark the ai controlled batsman plays a defensive shot and calls for a run.....was that you calling for the run or the ai?

MattW, in the 20 minute career mode video you posted, at around 14:47 mark the ai controlled batsman plays a defensive shot and calls for a run.....was that you calling for the run or the ai?
Me being bored of being off strike I'd say. You've always got control over whether you call for a run as the non-striker and the AI doesn't run against your choice.

One thing I'm not sure about with the controls is the line. Unless I'm missing something very obvious, you may not necessarily want the ball to always be hitting top of off stump for a good length ball, for example. You may want to put the ball way outside off for a plan.
How is this achieved?

This is how it works:

When you are about to reach the crease, you push the RS back (which will determine where you start your delivery jump from and thus where you will land on the popping crease). The speed with which you push RS back will determine the speed at which you would bowl. Then you gotta push the RS forward. The direction in which you would push it forward would determine the line of the delivery, while the timing of that push will determine the length of the delivery 'within' the zone you had already selected before the runup (with a little room for overlap).

As above. Perfectly straight would most likely be at off stump, so if you want it outside a right handers off stump, your push would be slightly off centre to the left

As above. Perfectly straight would most likely be at off stump, so if you want it outside a right handers off stump, your push would be slightly off centre to the left

This really concerns me as I know I have a problem with my angle of stick work. When playing Fight Night on the PS3, I'm always punching with the wrong arm due to my forawrd push being slightly to the side.. I just know this is gonna make me bowl like Mitch (which is why I'll probably just stick to spin bowling).

Thanks. Don't know how I missed that. That seems a pretty realistic way of doing it. It also means that you can react to a charging batsmen just as in real life, and there is margin for error, also like real life where you could get tonked for six for missing a yorker. You don't just plonk a circle down.

Users who are viewing this thread