Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Soundtrack = one song from what I could tell in the menus.

There are more, not a core strength of the game however.

Though the unanswered question is how the ball would have carried in early September.

it would have obviously landed sometime in late September October November?

The thing that really impresses me with that game is the commentary. They are really reacting to what is happening out there. Love the names of the players being called as they come into play. Talking about the weather and that the ball would have carried further if it wasn't October but July! Brilliant stuff.

And there is actually a difference in how far the ball carries between playing games at night and at day.

That series really is the best sports sim going, althought it has stagnated these last couple of years.

Though the unanswered question is how the ball would have carried in early September.

As the famous old farmer's saying goes:

If September turns its misty gaze
towards Octobers dwindling haze
Then its probably two down, empty plates
And caught in the deep off a ball that dropped more quickly than expected

I don't think there is a single design element from previous Cricket games that has survived into our game - it is a complete redesign on all levels.

I would hope that the default settings would be given a go first and then tailored to meet individual taste.

----------

and I should add... since we have changed *everything* there are bound to be people who will not like it.

I don't think there is a single design element from previous Cricket games that has survived into our game - it is a complete redesign on all levels.

I would hope that the default settings would be given a go first and then tailored to meet individual taste.

I think everyone should play the game keeping nothing in mind or carrying the gameplay of previous games which is more important...:thumbs:cheers

it would have obviously landed sometime in late September October November?
After it's been in the air that long I can't see it landing.

But on the flip side it has those evil bobbleheads that must be destroyed at any cost. You know what doesn't have bobbleheads? Ashes Cricket 2013 - just one of the many benefits of not having many features at all.

I suggest people watch this video - MLB: The Show 13

For years, baseball games have been designed so that players use the camera behind the batter. It is simply not possible to bat from a 'broadcast' camera. And it doesn't impact on the immersion at all. Gameplay is more important than a broadcast camera, and The Show is an example of this.

Apropos of nothing... In Baseball, that IS the "Broadcast Camera".

Apropos of nothing... In Baseball, that IS the "Broadcast Camera".
Perhaps this game should have a 'traditional' camera that's just permanently fixed at one end and the controls flip around every over.

didn't see many short balls in your gameplay Matt, however i was wondering if you are able to duck, and if so, is it the same control as a normal leave/pad away?

Perhaps this game should have a 'traditional' camera that's just permanently fixed at one end and the controls flip around every over.

I hope I can play DB Cricket as a batsman but looking through the eyes of Deep Fine Leg.......or bowling but again through the eyes of the umpire at square leg..........now that is what the future is about.

I said red or blue pill... not the other one with the strange symbols on it...

Users who are viewing this thread