Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

didn't see many short balls in your gameplay Matt, however i was wondering if you are able to duck, and if so, is it the same control as a normal leave/pad away?
No, I didn't get a chance to try that. I think the button is assigned to R3 which means basically if you have no shot to play instead of pointing in a direction you'd just push it in, which makes the seemingly odd placement of the duck/leave control make sense.

Someone did have a video of a bouncer, not sure which one it was, it shaved just past his head.

Perhaps this game should have a 'traditional' camera that's just permanently fixed at one end and the controls flip around every over.

I can't remember how it was named in the game, but we always referred to the "Broadcast Camera" as "Retro Cam" once we'd moved to the 3rd person view. It's not 2003 any more. ;)

Just watched the apocalypse video again and noticed that a 166 kph ball was bowled!! To be honest it seemed to be a bit slow for that pace

I think you'll find it quite fast enough :)

I hope so I have always found cricket games to be too batsman friendly but I guess the nature of the real game has veered that direction. Something I always liked about EA07 was that you could tweak up the bowlers pace if you new what files to edit :)

There are more, not a core strength of the game however.

...some generic sport-esque rock soundtrack isn't a core strength of cricket? Pfffft. N00b hacks. What do you know?

Bobble heads have feelings too Matt.

Hug my Bobblehead...

...and the controls flip around every over.

Pretty confident I'd be the only person to like this; Imagine if you had an option whereby you had to toggle the controls for left/right handed batsman. Things like the left/right analogue sicks would change depending on the bowling/batting arm of choice...

I think you'll find it quite fast enough :)

I was a bit concerned earlier about the bowling speeds being a little slow but now I think they are just fine plus I am loving the bowling actions :) And everyone loves good short pitched bowling but no one is talking about the graceful leave in one of the videos or when the bowler rubs the ball, how good is that!

Just as an aside, the worst feature ever to be in a cricket game would have to be the requirement to shine the ball in Ashes Cricket on the Wii - every single ball you had to use the Wiimote and move it up and down to pretend to shine the ball before aiming.

Implementation of features matters.

I hope so I have always found cricket games to be too batsman friendly but I guess the nature of the real game has veered that direction. Something I always liked about EA07 was that you could tweak up the bowlers pace if you new what files to edit :)

The videos are from the game being played at the second lowest difficulty level. It has been said that the bowlers speeds will be much faster on higher difficulty levels. So, a 160 kmph delivery on a higher difficulty level will feel much, much faster than what you saw in that video.

Users who are viewing this thread