Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Which videos are on the hardest difficulty level?

Hopefully none of them otherwise the game would appear to be too easy. Pretty confident none of them were though as Matt did say on the hardest difficulty batting is tough going and in the videos we've seen everyone seems to be hitting the ball nicely.

Hopefully none of them otherwise the game would appear to be too easy. Pretty confident none of them were though as Matt did say on the hardest difficulty batting is tough going and in the videos we've seen everyone seems to be hitting the ball nicely.

Oh ok, thanks. I was asking because some of the shots played in the videos didn't correspond with the length of the balls bowled (e.g. front foot on drive to a short ball). I was wondering whether this was because it is on easy difficulty.

Which videos are on the hardest difficulty level?

If I have followed all the readings correct & since all the PC videos were from Matt, I guess its none from PC to play the game on hardest difficulty. Getting used to controls and exploring the features was the primary intention in play session within the given time.

I played on the hardest difficulty in the nets, I could barely hit it. Mikey from Big Ant who has been playing it for months could hit about half the balls.

----------

Oh ok, thanks. I was asking because some of the shots played in the videos didn't correspond with the length of the balls bowled (e.g. front foot on drive to a short ball). I was wondering whether this was because it is on easy difficulty.

Don Bradman Cricket '14 - Exclusive Preview - YouTube

Try this one from apocalypse uploads. It is just amazing!

It's a gut feeling mate that's all, I don't know anymore than anybody else on this site, well maybe Ross or Barmy could but no one is telling.;)

----------

Ross did say that the game helps you on easy where on hard the game will not, how much it will feel different well we will find out next month. PS Still it's a game so don't expect perfect shots that are 100% realistic.

Yes one of Matt's has a 6 in it, sorry don't remember which one.

----------

Hi Chief, just wondering as a cricket fan what did you think of the previews and how the game is looking from the videos. The positives and negatives.:spy

I hadn't seen Ross' comment on that but I assumed that would be the case... would have been borderline ridiculous otherwise. Good to have it confirmed though!

On another note, Ross' bombshell earlier (yesterday?) in respect of Ashes Cricket 13

Was that the third bottle of Shiraz talking, or is there some more news that way?

Being able to "review" the delivery wouldn't be borderline ridiculous, it would render the BARS useless, and also give up that idea of the tension that occurs in two player games where a nick might vibrate the controller.

BARS went well on the day, there was absolute tension in the crowd and disagreement right up to the final images about whether the ball was on the stumps or not... it was great :D

I was drinking all day yesterday, my first opportunity to do so in a long time, even tweeted about it as we had Nutella Donuts and Champagne for breakfast just to get things rolling :) (I don't like the iPhone twitter app - I did have to ask MattW my way around it the other day), anyway, so this is probably reflected in some of the posts made here, however I stand by them all.

I could understand 505 wanting the game released to recoup some of the expenses but the damage to reputation of all involved should temper that greatly. I am sincerely hoping that the ACB understand the damage that the game will do to their brand and will not allow it to see the light of day. They certainly understand the difference in quality between our games as I keep them very up to date on progress with screenshots and video, and indeed invited them to the playsession in Melbourne. The closer we get to the end of November without news the closer we are to a cancellation, not getting news is news in itself.

I agree Ross, as I posted the "other" forum can't se them releasing a game anytime soon when they've git no advertising in the cricketers november issue for the first time in months, I understand their policies/procedures and customer service is a bit out of the ordinary but would you pull and ad in one of the worlds premiere cricket publication a month before launch??

----------

Apparently there's a new Wikipedia page for AC13 and a release date given as 6/12/13!!! If there's any truth in it do you think that the footage from the old build at the play sessions lulled them into a false sense of security about the quality of DB14, and gave decided to go ahead with release? Don't know how reliable the source was though to be honest.

you're right about the BARS - the bits we could hear in Matt's BARS videos were great, with the debating. just what you want! can imagine how much fun playing that with mates would be.

well i've been sceptical for a while about the other game seeing the light of day. i've been interpreting the silence as them being mired in the legal ramifications of the cancellation.

i'm a big fan of champagne at breakfast, but never had it with nutella donuts! like it with smoked salmon and asparagus with horseradish cream and brioche.

@aj - remember that anyone can edit a wikipedia page - i'd take that with a pinch of salt.

I didn't know that block, I get a lot of stuff from there to help the kids with there homework!!! That's not good news at all!!! I thought it was an encyclopaedia Britannia type thing. Think ill stick to laying bricks!!!

On a different note, I was awarded the 2nds bowling award at my club presentation evening!!! First time I've ever won a personal award for cricket!! If I knew how I'd post a pic of my trophy!!

I didn't know that block, I get a lot of stuff from there to help the kids with there homework!!! That's not good news at all!!! I thought it was an encyclopaedia Britannia type thing. Think ill stick to laying bricks!!!

On a different note, I was awarded the 2nds bowling award at my club presentation evening!!! First time I've ever won a personal award for cricket!! If I knew how I'd post a pic of my trophy!!

well it's reasonably reliable, because they get stuff written by experts, and they also keep it monitored to spot any obvious rubbish. but yeah anyone who has an account can edit a page and put whatever they want. (obviously it'll get picked up occasionally and probably corrected.)

for most of the things like you'd be looking for kid's schoolwork you'd be fine.

great work on the bowling award. what was your stats?

Can't remember exactly but something like 19wts for 240 odd runs. It was on the club web site but the page is down ATM so can't get the exact numbers, I know I had a best if 5/16 and that included a hatrick!!! Altogether I bowled 50 odd overs so the average and strike rate was good. It was good enough to top the bedfordshire sunday league fifth div anyway!!!

Can't remember exactly but something like 19wts for 240 odd runs. It was on the club web site but the page is down ATM so can't get the exact numbers, I know I had a best if 5/16 and that included a hatrick!!! Altogether I bowled 50 odd overs do the average and strike rate was good. It was good enough to too the bedfordshire sunday league fifth div anyway!!!

awesome. taking a hat trick must be a hell of a feeling!

Yeah, Wikipedia is not reliable unfortunately for anything contentious as anyone can edit and you don't actually need an account to do so.

History is often re-written via Wikipedia.

The said "new page" for Ashes 2013 is not new, it's been there for months:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashes_Cricket_2013

Users who are viewing this thread