Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

MattW has played the game. He isn't a developer.

I think the concern is we have not seen detailed gameplay on higher difficulties so us game afficionados cannot make an accurate assessment of the ai in particular.

The graphics are styled on BLIC 05 onwards I think I can confirm after a night's reflection. That is not such a bad thing but the animations definitely need to improve as I know Ross agrees.

The edges and offside and legside play behind the wicket are also major areas of concern currently.

Buggs are parts of games & Biggs is part of PC. Let biggs give finishing to two worlds beauties namely ironage & martyn

The edges and offside and legside play behind the wicket are also major areas of concern currently.

For you perhaps. Others have faith in Ross that these 'concerns' are looked after in the final build.

Then y wouldn't they show the gameplay of final build as you say on - world premiere day!??!

Because the people who were recording the gameplay which showed 'bugs' were playing the non final build. Due to unforseen circumstances, the final build was only available on one console, and those using that console did not record. There is final build footage available if you look through this thread.

Because there are waves of people who were AT the play session complaining about it? Because there are floods of people questioning the game?

Almost all the reaction to the videos and impressions has been positive. Except for people who are just being negative to stir people up. Its not particularly clever either. They want the game to fail

It has been very testy today! I think I preferred the release date bandits.

I'm loving how Matt can't judge the game as good because "he hasn't played it on higher difficulty settings" but Martyn and the other guy can get uppity because there are bugs in an old build of the game?

People make mistakes from time to time. I thought you might be able to relate.

Yup. Time to rectify the mistakes then instead of calling aliases!

Y not show final build gameplay or release a demo now to keep our mouth shut?!?

I think the concern is we have not seen detailed gameplay on higher difficulties so us game afficionados cannot make an accurate assessment of the ai in particular.

That's completely true but that is true of any game pre-release.

Are they? Seems to me that contradicts what you say above.

Then y wouldn't they show the gameplay of final build as you say on - world premiere day!??!

You should have a look at the latest video that has been posted. It will answer all your questions if you are genuinely wishing to have them answered and if you are genuinely wishing to see your "criticism" laid to rest............

You can see final build gameplay if you look through the posts from earlier tonight.

They have said long ago that there won't be a demo.

You just want an argument and are not listening. Fine. Have fun. You are so cool....I sincerely doubt that there is much anyone can do to keep your mouth shut.....

The builds used in the most recent footage shown by Tiwstie and Apocolypse Games was of the final release prior to the first day patch that the Big Ant team have been working on for a while. We are unsure, as a community, what difference this first day patch will make to the real 'final' product we will be playing when the game is released. However, I'm sure you'll agree there seemed to be a big difference in the appearance of the game during the initial MattW videos and the two later ones that have just recently been shown.

Users who are viewing this thread