Don Bradman Cricket 17 Releases December 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still very scary, if someone manages to crack the PC version and torrent it then we are cooked (you can forget sequels too). The one month delay is a compromise position.

Good to see your clarification on this, and yea piracy was rampant the last time around...

Getting both PS4 version and pc on steam,
Any place to get physical copy of ps4 in US or reasonable import price?
Also will it be day 1 digital on US PSN.

Disappointed that the game has been delayed but it's only a small delay and this side of Xmas. I've already pre booked the full day for DB17. The hard thing is, I'm so excited watching Aust finally fire in the Adelaide test that the makes me want to play.

Annoyed that I have to wait another month for the PC version.

I'd be more annoyed if they released it incomplete, or if it was rather too easy for people to crack it...it's a month to wait, but if it was cracked that would be it for PC.

@Ross,when will dbc17 be available for preorder on PSN?

So for 1 month console users would not have access to all the kits and players made till date on the PC. When the PC version is out, they'll be able to upload all the creations online which the console users can then download. Am I right?

I wonder if having academy downloads exclusive to those who've purchased the game legally would make a difference? Something like this was done for DBC14 right? I wasn't active here back then.

So for 1 month console users would not have access to all the kits and players made till date on the PC. When the PC version is out, they'll be able to upload all the creations online which the console users can then download. Am I right?

I wonder if having academy downloads exclusive to those who've purchased the game legally would make a difference? Something like this was done for DBC14 right? I wasn't active here back then.

No, you're wrong on the first point.

On your second point, the pirated version couldn't access online features, so no patches, academy, online. plus extra "glitches" for those who thought they were above paying for a video game. solid stuff.

Odd decision to release the game so close to Christmas. It will far from maximise holiday sales.

Is January better? No. February, definitely not. Hold it for the English season - yeah probably best, or maybe wait for the Ashes, optimal sales.

From the outside it is impossible to understand all of the elements involved in the release date. It might seem odd but it is obviously an decision made after a great amount of thought and debate, this is a multi-million dollar investment.

As for the pontification that it will not maximise sales - you have no data for that statement - only time will tell if we are happy with the sales or not, there are a number of gift cards that come in for Christmas day, I'm hoping we get a lot of those on boxing day.

We will be the only new game on the market to have been released for weeks, before and after.

Last edited:
@BigAntStudios @MattW

I wanted to inform a couple of friends on the DBC 17 release so thought I would grab some curated/official content from your social media channels. What I found was a borderline negligent approach towards social media. A few examples:

Big Ant Studios | Facebook

*Outdated bio that doesn't even reference the current gen (The Official Big Ant Studios Page - we develop games for PlayStation3, Nintendo Wii U, Microsoft Xbox360, and PC.)
*No posts confirming release date, front cover or previewing screenshots/videos
*No call to action for pre orders
*No posts since 21/9
*No mention of DBC 17 since 22/8

Big Ant Studios (@BigAntStudios) | Twitter

*Outdated bio that references a now defunct kickstarter (Get racing - back our Dirt Track Kickstarter)
*No posts confirming release date, front cover or previewing screenshots/videos
*No call to action for pre orders

Big Ant Studios | Great Games

*Literally no sign of DBC 17 anywhere on the front page.

We're less than one month away from release, at this stage I'm expecting DBC17 to be front and centre of all your media channels. Yet information on release dates, call to action on pre orders, screenshots are basically non existent. I understand that as an indie you have limited resources but some of this stuff is just basic. Social should be your low cost quick win and yet potential customers stumbling across your social media channels will have no idea that DBC 17 is fast approaching. So frustrating!

Last edited:
Is January better? No. February, definitely not. Hold it for the English season - yeah probably best, or maybe wait for the Ashes, optimal sales.

From the outside it is impossible to understand all of the elements involved in the release date. It might seem odd but it is obviously an decision made after a great amount of thought and debate, this is a multi-million dollar investment.

As for the pontification that it will not maximise sales - you have no data for that statement - only time will tell if we are happy with the sales or not, there are a number of gift cards that come in for Christmas day, I'm hoping we get a lot of those on boxing day.

We will be the only new game on the market to have been released for weeks, before and after.

I hope DBC 17 is a best seller in the holiday season and you make big enough profit from the game to continue with the DBC franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread