Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

One thing I don't like is that there is still a bit too much diving and one handed catches.

Small thing though in the big scheme of things

Loved the detail put into the women's cricket, I feel the samw way as Twistie3! BA you have outdone yourself, superb!

Oh and another thing, the ladies who i guess are weaker bats, don't appear to be mullering the ball around everywhere! One can but hope!

One thing I don't like is that there is still a bit too much diving and one handed catches.

Small thing though in the big scheme of things
One handed catches happen often in real life too but its the difference that needs to be shown whether the fielder tried to catch or field...

Diving some places were exaggerated, yes but for now wouldnt mind any of those things..Many many positives to look onto and enjoy...

We need to get out of the DBC 14 bubble and look at this game as a new one...:D

Has there been any details shared on career mode yet?

I am gonna do some nitpicking. Sorry in advance.
1. Do we have any variety in bowling action or not? Bowling actions didn't look any different.
2. Fielders take more time than they should to realize that they have taken a catch. One handed catches felt like they were trying to field but somehow they managed to take a catch and they couldn't even believe it for a while.
3. Keeper was diving way too much.
4. Tv overlay looks kinda retro.

Early impressions from watching the women's game:

Positives so far:
  • Biggest in my opinion is the length indicator being displayed right when the bowler starts the swing of the arm. Now this would be just right to not premeditate a shot.
  • Fielding gameplay has a great flow. Loved the moments when the fielder seems to have not fielded cleanly.
  • Overall the animations are just supreme. Except for facial, which is not a priority now, everything is just butter smooth and real.
  • The ability to set fields for batsmen separately and to be able to bring in WK, slips and in fielders closer.
  • Looking around the field now shows the player name and their rating, just like we had asked!
  • Bowler selection menu showing more details. (But maybe like Twistie said, BA can add if the player is left handed or right handed)
  • The Review system now has confidence meters! Wow!
  • The amount of pitch we can cover as a batsman while the bowler is running in is just mind boggling. Insane stuff!

Could be better:
  • The visuals I feel could be a lot better in the sense, the coloring seems a bit on the pale side. The greens especially are looking very dull and so are the whites and skin colors. They seemed great in the academy, maybe it's the outdoor lighting washing off a bit of color? So I personally feel that the color depth/vibrance could be increased.
  • The crowd is good but it would be great if no one wears a green dress. It's too bright and pale and distracting. Well unless one of the team playing has that as their major color ofcourse and so the crowd is wearing their jersey color.
  • The ball and stump details are looking lower than DBC14. Maybe it's cause of the resolution and YouTube compression?
  • The full hand jerseys seems to act like it's a 100% fit to the body. Thus, at the inner bend at elbow the shirt follows the body shape with the sharp cut instead of having a bit of loose material. It was perfect in DBC 14.
  • It is my personal wish that there is an option to turn off close up shots acting like cut-scenes during live gameplay. Especially with the umpire signals...let them play out on the normal fielding camera. The suspense and payoff is so much more when it is uncut to a close up. I know this cause I have seen in it the instant replay options. Same for wickets and other live moments. It seems like a speed bump and the immersion is put off for a moment.
  • It would be cool if the camera only pans and tilts and not behaves like a drone, going from level to birds view once the ball hits the boundary. The camera during batting gameplay is that way and it is amazing I feel. Just need that for bowling and fielding as well, to just pan and tilt.
  • Bowling animation for fast bowler is actually bordering on the illegal mark actually or so it seems. I'm sure it's correctable cause of the minor change required to just straighten the arm. It's bent right now and once you straighten the arm, quick bowlers will seem more dangerous and perfectly realistic.

Overall, from the small amount of gameplay we have seen, we can surely say that BA have excelled in the gameplay department and clearly that new motion capture studio is showing it's class. Almost all the things I feel that could be better so far are only visual related as you can see. Love you Big Ant! Waiting for more footage, esp about the career on that Twistie promised. It's only going to get better from here :D

Last edited:
I have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed with what's trickled out of the World Premier thus far, not much in the way of features and less than 20 minutes of gameplay. Yeah this Twistie guy has 4 hours of gameplay but it seems he's going to drip feed it for maximum views.

I have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed with what's trickled out of the World Premier thus far, not much in the way of features and less than 20 minutes of gameplay. Yeah this Twistie guy has 4 hours of gameplay but it seems he's going to drip feed it for maximum views.

Patience maybe? haha

New Twistie video: Achievements list..

The list seems cool. Especially with the confirmation of T20 World Cup and 50 Over World Cup. But I wonder why it says rookie career mode? Is it referring to the difficulty? If so why a rookie, wouldn't something higher be more of an achievement? @MattW

The list seems cool. Especially with the confirmation of T20 World Cup and 50 Over World Cup. But I wonder why it says rookie career mode? Is it referring to the difficulty? If so why a rookie, wouldn't something higher be more of an achievement? @MattW

Just a guess, but it could just be a career game started as a rookie, and not the difficulty setting.

Users who are viewing this thread