Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

As most know, massive fan of 14 and out hours and hours into it with @blockerdave @Dutch and the rest into adjusted stats etc.

I can't work out how I feel about the videos? I'm looking at 14 on my screen and can't tell if 17 looks better or a little worse?

Maybe the presentation looks a little arcade like? Surprising as the presentation for RLL3 is very nice in game.

However, very nice to see the bat pad in the first video!

Commentary is very robotic and the cameras are a little all over the gaff.

Regardless I'm buying the game and no doubt the gameplay is enjoyable. I think playing the game may do it far far more justice than watching people play it.

I'm not really sure what to think? 14 had the wow factor.

My biggest concern is will 17 be as good as 14 with the hack?

Either way, good work from the boys down at Big Ant! Support your work regardless.

For me DBC was pretty much the perfect cricket game, bar of course the daft AI. I don't see huge strides forward in terms of animation and how the game looks, but I don't think any were really needed. I just hope it feels more like cricket when bowling, that's all. One cannot really gauge much from someone playing a 5 over slog, we don't know what difficulty on either.

@MattW What would be the percentage of completion you would say on the game that was played during the premiere?

Would it surprise me if BA decided to stop engaging with PC in the future? No. Why? Because reactions are either way over the top or not constructive and content is immediately judged on not even having played the game. Should there be discussion? Yes of course but this place really really bores me now days. It is very very one-sided. Of course PC isn't there just for me so if people want to engage in this way then that is course fine. I am grateful for the time Twistie has put in to making, supplying and sharing the content and it seems like the guys at BA have been very helpful and accommodating. I have been fortunate to have been allowed to take part in a number of beta processes and the amount of effort that goes in to trying to get the games that hard-core fans want whilst being a viable commercial success is quite staggering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of the comments above, I loved the game. Twistie did a great dob doing the thing staying up late. I still have some questions; what would be the price - will there be concessions for Indians like we have for DBC14? The main thing which have been a fact for me and many others - which is the ideal graphics card to buy exclusively for DBC17. I've been in discussions with my parents of buying either 750 TI/Strix 970.

Well after being fairly hopeful that this next game from BA would deliver vastly improved batting and bowling animations, I cant help but feel slightly underwhelmed, I feel like i've seen it all before and it wasn't all that pretty last time, at least last time it was something I hadn't seen before and it was also miles better graphically than any other cricket game before it, but if you looked past the shiny new graphics you would have noticed that previous games even decades and years before had better animations than dbc ever did. This game may scratch an itch for a while but eventually my immersion will be lost with these animations. And i still cant believe BA haven't even tried to make a manager aspect! I mean what decent (successful) sports game hasn't got that these days?... not to mention the popularity of fantasy squads this day and age...Afl fantasy, dt, epl fantasy, people love that aspect of squad building! Lastly why would someone pay the same price for games like this when you can go out and get games like fifa, gta, nba 2k, cod, etc etc for the same f##@@ng price?... i mean I'll probably buy it lol, but why would someone that only has a slight interest buy it? or not return it for that matter.

First of all what would you expect from a cricket game and how would you differ a game which has not yet released, yes the graphics are washed out , yes commentary doesnt sync up but really when you have listed fifa which does the same beeping thing every damn year, I cant expect much other than that...
Many issues , tweaks which I found from the videos are all small ones and there's like a month fully to get things right and dont forget the guys support us for years just from our feedback...We just cannot have such a point of view when the feedback are taken very seriously and months and months of discussion on a game's development is done from the gamers and the BA..
I would have appreciated if you would have said something which wasnt right or which should be made better like @SibiNaayagam pointed out, thats way useful for them to read and get the feedback they want and probably know it as well...

Would it surprise me if BA decided to stop engaging with PC in the future? No. Why? Because reactions are either way over the top or not constructive and content is immediately judged on not even having played the game. Should there be discussion? Yes of course but this place really really bores me now days. It is very very one-sided. Of course PC isn't there just for me so if people want to engage in this way then that is course fine. I am grateful for the time Twistie has put in to making, supplying and sharing the content and it seems like the guys at BA have been very helpful and accommodating. I have been fortunate to have been allowed to take part in a number of beta processes and the amount of effort that goes in to trying to get the games that hard-core fans want whilst being a viable commercial success is quite staggering.

You know how much I love their work and put time Into it.

Think in summary all I meant was ...

For a world reveal... it was just a bit luke warm. Which is no fault of BA.

In some ways I think little events like that cause more harm than good.

I loved the running animation while fielding. Looks really smooth and realistic. I guess this isn't the final graphics. I know BA , themselves know what needs to be fixed. But i will have to say that i am disappointed for not being able to see any new bowling animation. Though the bowling will feel much better than it was before because of the gameplay. But lack of variety is just ripping my heart off. I was so looking forward to seeing new bowling animations. I was thinking of pre ordering this game but now i am having second thoughts.
Apologising if some people felt bad because i didn't focus on the good sides.

Addition: Throwing animations are just like before, fielders are throwing parallely irrespective of their position in the field.

Last edited:
You know how much I love their work and put time Into it.

Think in summary all I meant was ...

For a world reveal... it was just a bit luke warm. Which is no fault of BA.

In some ways I think little events like that cause more harm than good.
Sure and I agree on you on the point of don't call something a world premier if it doesn't mean a reveal for the world but is basically left to the whims and efforts of those turning up: that hasn't been handled well imo but until I have played the darn thing I am going to reserve judgement on whether it is an improvement on DB14 or not.

Absolutely loved the sideways catching animation, so damn realistic...The celebration should hurry up though, would be great if its in motion as he takes the catch and happens in real time and continues to cutscene with a link without abruptly going to cutscene...

Sure and I agree on you on the point of don't call something a world premier if it doesn't mean a reveal for the world but is basically left to the whims and efforts of those turning up: that hasn't been handled well imo but until I have played the darn thing I am going to reserve judgement on whether it is an improvement on DB14 or not.

Parting-Clouds.jpg

This, a million times over.

Completely agree! 100%

I just said it was concern that I may not be....

Either way as always will buy and sink hours into it.

Yet to watch the men's video, looks a bit shinier than 14 at first look. Still think alot is yet to be revealed. One thing I'm a bit confused about is the lack of various bowling animations, especially when they've now got a motion capture studio of their own now. I'm sure it's a great game though. As I say, have a feeling there are a few suprises yet to come.

Users who are viewing this thread